Female Iconic Styles

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sinastra, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Sinastra New Player

DC, what gives with the lack of attention to female players and female iconics in game?? Your game is geared towards males, but clearly there are a LOT of females that play dcuo...why not give more style options for female toons in game? the styles you have for female toons are lacking tremendously and with there being so many different females in the dc universe why is it so hard to create new styles for female toons? I am sure this would encourage more females to play the game as well...Sure, you gave us an amazonian dlc, but where is Circe's outfit or hair to wear on our toons? The WW/Circe headband drop is rare as is...There are soooo many female iconics already in this game but you don't give us the option of using their styles for our toons: Zatanna, Circe, Whisper A'daire, Starfire, etc....there are also a TON of other females in the dc universe so why lack with style options for our toons? In promotional materials you always have the females in the back; are you trying to send a cryptic message about how you feel about the iconic females of dcuo?

If you can't give us iconic styles, why not give us more options on female hair, headpieces, tops, hands, bottoms, feet, accessories, etc? so many players agree with me on this but it seems to always be overlooked...Most of the styles in game are bulky and geared towards male toons/iconics. What do you have against Females in DC? I have been playing dcuo for 3+ years now and the lack of attention to female styles is ridiculous....for over two years my toon has been naked because of your lack of style options for females in PROTEST...

ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS FROM DCUO ARE FEMALE ICONIC STYLES IN GAME PLEASE :)
    • Like x 25
  2. akaivy Dedicated Player

I really have to agree with this. Why can't I have 6 inch heeled shoes that are not clunky and not boots? There is no way I would wear those dress shoes to work unless I was 111 years old with bad feet. Why do I have only 3 hairstyles worth having? Why are my clothes either manly or for streetwalkers? There's no way women can have any input into your creative team with regard to female styles. Hire a fashion consultant. Please!
    • Like x 11
  3. Poetic Play Committed Player

The issue is that the Dev team is all men.... Older men with the styles of the 70s stuck in their head at that. XD

No offense, just think they need to hire a woman to come in there and design some female styles.(Especially hair)
    • Like x 6
  4. antileague New Player

A title like that must really hurt the devs' feelings. Come on now, they don't hate women.
    The women have just as much as the men do. For every man specific style there is a woman specific style, and then the rest are shared between the two. PVP even has TWO iconic women gear sets.
    • Like x 3
  5. Sinastra New Player

Do you both also notice in the promotional materials that WW and Circe are ALWAYS IN THE BACKGROUND?? It's 2013, our grandmother's and mother's didn't burn their bras back in the 60's for nothing... :p
    • Like x 2
  6. akaivy Dedicated Player

I'm guessing you are not female in real life? Lack of gear for women is not what we are talking about. It's lack of ATTRACTIVE gear that is the problem.
    • Like x 3
  7. Circe New Player

Zatanna can be made pretty easily thanks to the Net leggings in the Marketplace. That's my favorite style in the Marketplace.

A Circe style would be all I'd wear. And I definitely want a Starfire style.

Anyway, we are going to get some things with the Amazon DLCs I bet, and possibly later on in the War of the Light trilogy (Star Sapphire style is a possibility).
    • Like x 6
  8. antileague New Player

So because I disagree, I must not be female? Isn't that sort of thinking counter productive to your proposal for gender equality?
    And not that it's any of your business, but I do consider myself a female in real life.
    • Like x 3
  9. antileague New Player

I made a pretty princess look with the WW tiara and the amazon skirt.
  10. Joykiller Dedicated Player

Agreed. Am still wanting a proper 'catsuit' a la Catwoman or Talia al Ghul. I will say the last two PVP iconic sets were based off of female characters (Harley Quinn and Huntress).
    • Like x 1
  11. NyteSkye New Player

Noble Warrior, Plant, Vengeance, Punchline and Metalhead styles have some pieces that are attractive on female characters.

It just depends how you view your character, my toon is attractive and she is not wearing super short shorts, a one piece or high heels, she is fully clothed and masked up.
  12. Shinzumakami New Player

Do you even know how many guys play as female toons?

I honestly don't see what is wrong with the current styles this game already has? Unless you people want more revealing clothing and Hipster looking clothing....
    • Like x 3
  13. Couzintony New Player

Ya wanted to be equals... But u complain about other things.....

Talk about having ur cake n eating it too...

N I think the main reason why there aren't that maany is cuz next to superman n Batman they are B listers
    • Like x 1
  14. Couzintony New Player

I play a female toon... N honestly the cosmetics of my toon are 3rd on my list...
    1.sp
    2.cr
    3.omg I look so pretty.........

Lolz really?...
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are always open to and looking for specific suggestions. Fire away!
    • Like x 2
  16. WonderCleric New Player

Circe-inspired styles would be really nice. :D
    • Like x 7
  17. Joykiller Dedicated Player

This really isn't the point; the point is that there are several great female styles already 'in game' that would be nice to have access to:

- Catwoman/Talia/Ursa/Whisper A'daire Bodysuit
    - Circe Head/Legs/Waist/Chest
    - Zatanna Modified Tux
    - Power Girl Cape/Leotard
    - Various Hairstyles
    - Isis Robed Outfit
    - Wonder Girl Jeans/Feet
    - Wonder Woman Wrists
    -Batgirl/Batwoman Styles

You get the idea...
    • Like x 16
  18. Joykiller Dedicated Player

Please see my post above - thanks!
  19. antileague New Player

Noble Warrior and Daring Vigilante.
  20. Shinzumakami New Player

Nothing that closely resembles a bikini, NO cleavage styles, more loose pants styles, and different body type. (Don't see why males have 3 different looks.)
    • Like x 5