SOE/PSG: Important FAQ for upcoming player migration from PSG to SOE!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by SOE_Brasse, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Malvious New Member

I got the same response from the TSR i spoke to, took me about 20min to get him to understand what happened though.. >.<
  2. S7rudL New Member

Over at PSG Planetside 2 I was able to buy SC via the paysafecard.

They also had 2x SC for Christmas. :confused:
  3. TheRunDown New Member

Nothing against Pro7 as a company or the people working for Pro7, they are providing a service and without them some services would not be possible, what ever they be.. but!

I am very happy to hear this news. I was fully against SOE's decision to divide some games between regions.
    I have been playing SOE games since the start of EverQuest, I even had all access for 4 years to play, Tanarus, Infantry, Cosmic Rift, PlanetSide and Matrix Online! I played EverQuest for more than 8 years, and when PlanetSide came out, many of my EQ friends moved to PlanetSide.. This would not of been possible to if PlanetSide was region locked, a huge number of the outfits I was in had players from all over the world, and 12+ years those same members are playing PlanetSide 2 and other SOE games.

I played PlanetSide 1 for 8 years straight, it's a shame SOE didn't support it in it's Prime.. It could of went so far if it had anti cheat patches, bug fixes and Content that was promised.. We Vets took it hard, but took pleasure playing PlanetSide!

I played WoW on a dedicated level for about 2 years, but I couldn't commit to it like I did EQ and PS..
    The worse part of WoW is because of the region lock, I lost contact with many community members because we were divided from EU and US servers, and having so many members we couldn't dedicate to one region.

I used to play DC Universe with a large number of EU/US members, but when EU DC Universe moved to Pro7, I could no longer access the US servers, my account had the "banned" status for US DC Universe.. about 40 of us quit DC Universe over night..

I have no interested in WildStar either because of the choice to region lock clients, the beta was fun, but if the 500+ active community members I'm involved with can't play with each other on one subscription and one client, it's not worth the hassle nor dividing the community which has on many occasions proven to only separate members, and hide in their own channels. No matter what you do, one half the community playing one game, will make fun of or become toxic.

The other reason I disapprove of Region locking and client splitting in this day and age, is because of Virtual current splitting and Lack of Promotion for one or the other Region. Not many people these days can afford to pay a subscription and pay the companies virtual company to buy or early unlock items and weapons.

I hope this merge of Pro7 accounts back to SOE will allow us in the EU to get the same Station Cash promotions, such as the GameStop, 7Eleven, Walmart and Best Buy Station Cash promotions. We in the EU have missed out on about 4 PlanetSide 2 weapons, the current one being the NS-44P COMMISSIONER, which we can Never get..

P.s. Matrix Online was awesome for it's time!
  4. GamingExports New Member

Congrats to all the Pro7 PS2 gamers! If you guys want to take advantage of any of the US exclusive deals like the GameStop US/SOE exclusive game cards that come with the Platinum version of the Commissioner (NS-44P) let me know! :D

Email me at GamEx@gamingexports.com so we can work something out

or check out my eBay listing (cheaper if you email me directly): http://www.ebay.com/itm/301180878558

PS: Just make sure you're all setup with a SOE account before you try to use the code, the GameStop cards work on any SOE/Station Cash account US or EU :)
  5. konalatorre New Member

Okay, this is sorta funny but I am being serious, I have an EU account and a US account so I can play on both servers... I used the same log in name, password, even all three character names are the same as 3 of my US character names. I wanna keep the characters because I put time in to them but how is this going to work out?
  6. Saroc_Luclin Community Council

Characters should be fine theoretically; since they would still be on the separate servers (EU PC and US PC ). The unknown/uncertain parts will be if they can combine your overall accounts back together and put all the characters onto your overall account. That remains to be seen.

I'm sure they are working on something, but can't give any official word until they figure out what they can do.
  7. Petaldust New Member

First post ever in all the time I have played EQ2, and its just to say a MASSIVE THANK YOU!! :) So happy that I will be able to continue to game with my friends in the US. Cheers!
  8. Thyferra New Member

This is awesome.
    So this means that EQ Next will be available for me as a SOE customer and as a european Player?
  9. N4rut4 New Member

This is exactly my situation! I have SOE and PSG accounts for the same name for Planetside and Planetside2 respectively. What'll happen to them? Will the stuff from PSG account be transferred to SOE's one? Thanks!
  10. markt51 New Member

If I have an old SOE account that doesn't have DCUO showing as banned is it safe for me to sign up to an AllAccess subscription on it now ? Or do I run the risk of this getting flagged as 'BANNED' if I attempt to use it to play ?

I'm prepared to give SOE a try again after boycotting since the day the P7S1 deal came into effect, but only if I can use 1 of my 4 old accounts without being punished for simply being European or having a 10 year old SOE account!
  11. John Weir New Member

Im A DC Universe Online Lifetime Subscription Player, I transfered to ProSiebenSat1. Games back when you first moved us, will my Lifetime Subscription be honered and kept active or will i lose it when i migrate back?
  12. 2light New Member

yep same exact text word by word about the same situation , original lifetimer for dcu never migrated to probiensat1 and still banned , I was hoping this nightmare of probien was to an end..but still...is not
  13. Ex0dUs New Member

Exactly the same situation here too, and same response. I actually thought it was a genuine response they had typed until I saw this thread :(

I never wanted to move away from SOE so I never did, and I feel like ive been nothing but punished for it ever since. Really hope they come through with something for us all in this situation. Fingers crossed.
  14. 2light New Member

I hope they will fix this and let us play like before all this migration affair ...

Hoping it's all we can do.

For sure it will have an effect ,on customers like us ... depending on the solution ,if we can trust again this company or not at all ,at least for me.
  15. Saroc_Luclin Community Council

We're still a week and change from the transition. While I encourage people to point out these issues and potential issues, don't be disenheartened about them yet (including petition responses) until after the transition happens and we see what hiccups can happen. I'm sure SOE wants to handle these properly as best they can, but they may not know how to handle it (within their systems) yet and the TSR's probably don't have the scripts updated yet to reflect all that might be possible.
  16. Ashlanne Community Relations Project Manager

Hi all,
    I don't have answers for you yet but we are working very hard to come up with a system to assist those that do have a banned DCUO account because of the migration. We are also looking for answers in regards to those have a Lifetime membership.

If there are other questions not covered please let us know.

Thanks
    • Like Like x 3
  17. Brondashi New Member

I hope something can be done for those of us who had DCUO marked as "banned". I've cancelled my subscription until this is sorted out, and given it was temporarily reactivated on my account a few weeks ago during the "all-access" changeover, I don't really see why it cannot just be reactivated again.
    • Like Like x 2
  18. KeransHQ New Member

oo er, I don't really get what's going on here, just looking for advice.

I bought DCUO when it came out, played for a little while and then stopped.

Recently started playing again on PS3 and have just tried to reinstall on my PC only to get the banned account message as mentioned by others.

All I want to know is when and how will I be able to play on my PC and whether it is possible to continue playing on the PC with the character i created on the PS3?
  19. Saroc_Luclin Community Council

PC and PS are separate servers; so even with all of the accounts in SOE's hands, you wouldn't be able to play your PS character on the PC servers.

But they should be able to link your accounts together at least once the dust settles.
  20. Ashlanne Community Relations Project Manager

Like I said in the post right above yours we are looking for a way to assist those that are in this situation.

Saroc is correct you won't be able to play your PlayStation characters on the PC. As for the accounts linking them up and the banned account is something Customer Service can look into after the migration occurs.