H1Z1/H1Z1.exe - 193: %1 is not a valid Win32 application.

Discussion in 'LaunchPad Discussion' started by CrookGaming, Jan 20, 2015.

1. CrookGaming New Member

Hey everyone.

So I got H1Z1 yesterday thinking it would be amazing to make some videos on, but when I went to load it it gave me this error

Unable to launch F:/Documents and Settings/Bryan/Desktop/Steam/steamapps/common/H1Z1/H1Z1.exe-193: 1% is not a valid Win 32 application.

How do I fix this error? By the way this is my first forum so please tell me if you need any more information. I'm very desperate on trying to fix this and your help is praised by me.

-Crook
  2. MrNicoolio New Member

Seems like you're trying to run a 64-bit game on a 32-bit computer. Doesn't work out well, sadly. You may be able to upgrade to 64, but it may mess up computer performance.
  3. CrookGaming New Member

This is probally the dumbest question I could ask but how do I upgrade my computer to 64 bit?
  4. Fendy Member

Microsoft has a tool that will test your system and tell you if it's capable of running 64 bit windows. If it is, then you upgrade by installing a 64 bit version of windows.
  5. CrookGaming New Member

And that tool would be :/
  6. Fendy Member

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/32-bit-and-64-bit-windows#1TC=windows-7

How do I tell if my computer can run a 64-bit version of Windows?

To run a 64-bit version of Windows, your computer must have a 64-bit-capable processor. To find out if your processor is 64-bit-capable in Windows 7 or Windows Vista, do the following:
    1. Open Performance Information and Tools by clicking the Start button [IMG], and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type Performance Information and Tools, and then, in the list of results, click Performance Information and Tools.
    2. Do one of the following:
      • In Windows 7, click View and print detailed performance and system information.
      • In Windows Vista, click View and print details.
    3. In the System section, you can see what type of operating system you're currently running under System type, and whether or not you can run a 64-bit version of Windows under 64-bit capable. (If your computer is already running a 64-bit version of Windows, you won't see the 64-bit capable listing.)
    To see whether a computer running Windows XP is capable of running a 64-bit version of Windows, do the following:
    1. Click Start.
    2. Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
      • If "x64 Edition" is listed under System, your processor is capable of running a 64-bit version of Windows.
      • If you don't see "x64 Edition" listed, your processor still might be capable of running a 64-bit version of Windows. To find out for sure, download and run the free Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor from the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor webpage.