Daybreak General Forums Update

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Dexella Community Relations

Hello, players and fans of Daybreak!

As many of you may have noticed, we’ve been making some changes across the board to our individual game forums. Now, it is time to make additional changes here, on the general forums.

On Friday, April 10th, we will be closing the Daybreak General Forums and will be focusing our attention on specific game forums. We’re letting you know about this pending change so that you have time, if you like, to save or archive any of your posts still present on these boards.

General Daybreak news will be available on our social channels, especially Twitter, Facebook, and Twitch. Please make sure you follow us on those channels for any general Daybreak news and updates.

We encourage you to participate on our individual games’ forums and social media channels:

EverQuestForums, Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, YouTube

EverQuest IIForums, Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, Twitch, YouTube

DCUOForums, Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, Twitch, YouTube

Dragon’s ProphetForums, Twitter, Facebook, Twitch, YouTube

PlanetSide 2Forums, Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, Twitch, YouTube

LandmarkForums, Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, Twitch, YouTube

H1Z1Forums, Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, Twitch, YouTube

EverQuest Next - Forums, Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, Twitch, YouTube

You can also reach Daybreak Customer Support on Twitter by tweeting to @DaybreakHelp!
  2. Hidden Soul New Member

I have been trying to find out the truth or not about FreeRealms Rewritten. Everywhere I go, it doesn't exist. YouTube had an interesting video of Daybreak launching FreeRealms again. I don't know if this is another lie like last year, telling us FreeRealms was not going to shut down, but yet it did. Please tell me the truth. Is FreeRealms Rewritten REAL?
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Alicec New Member

Hello I have been trying now for over a week to renew my all access to everquest i have been a player for almost 11 years now. my problem is i cant seem to delete my old card details as they are now expired and i also tried adding a new card but it wont accept the payment for annual sub recurring.i also cant seem to get thru to any support or site thru any links provided..i even tried opening up a ticket but that just sat at the .loading screen for about 20 minutes then crashed without sending my report.i have also spoken to a guide in game and they kindly forwarded a request for me but as yet im still able to do nothing...all i need someone to do that can is delete my old card details as its expired but it is showing that its expiry is not up untill 2017..i know that this is not correct plcement of this post either but i could not find how i started a new thread :( its been years since i last used forums so my apologies for this .....i need some help with this..any would be much appreciaed

regards Alicec Ooper shammy on the AB server.
  4. Dorkasaur New Member

Where should lon players post?
  5. Dexella Community Relations

No. We have no plans to bring back any games that have previously sunset, including Free Realms. If there are videos or posts claiming otherwise, they are not official from Daybreak and should be reported as spam. If you have links, please let us know so we can alert our legal team as well.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Dexella Community Relations

You can post on the EverQuest and/or EverQuest II forums, since LON is connected to both of those games.
  7. Dexella Community Relations

Hi Alicec,

Unfortunately, I'm not able to actually log in and delete any account details.

Have you tried creating a new account to file a ticket with? Or trying a different browser? We haven't seen any reports of the ticketing system being down.

You can also contact CS via social media. They're on Twitter at @DaybreakHelp. They might be able to offer some more advice. I'd also recommend posting this on the Player Support section of the EQ forums.

Hope that helps!

~Dexella
  8. Dorkasaur New Member

Well you guys took down the LoN forums without any warning. We had no time to archive all our new player guides or bug issues (yeah I know you're not planning to fix them but it would still be nice to have them documented. It gives us a little bit of hope lol). I was thinking I might want to restart the threads again (a third time). In LoN we see a lot of the same questions and it would be nice to say checkout the forums theres a thread with answers and discussion that addresses that your commonly asked question. I feel silly for asking this but are you saying that I should start duplicate threads on both EQ2 and the EQ1 forums since the players might be using EQ2 or EQ1? Some of the more common questions I see are How do I register my account so I can trade? What kind of deck to I need for each of the raids? How do I beat the tough scenarios like Drakkinshard? And as i said again it would be nice to have a place to document our bugs. I doubt the EQ2 and EQ1 players want to see all the discussion they only care about LoN loots lol. Why can't Legends of Norrath players should have their own forum?Also I enjoyed reading the Lon Forums to help answer questions new players had. Now I'll have to read both the EQ2 and EQ1 forums to search for lon questions? ::groan:: Many of the LoN players do not play EQ1 or EQ2.
  9. Dellmon Member

You can post on the EverQuest and/or EverQuest II forums, since LON is connected to both of those games.

I think this response shows the shortsightedness of the decision to eliminate the Legends of Norrath forums. The extent that current day connection of LON has to either EQ or EQII is that you can launch the game client from with those games - and - redeem in-game loot cards for that title via /claim. EQ and EQ2 have nothing to do with tcg gameplay.

The expectation that if a LON player has a question about playing, enjoying, succeeding at LON that they post in either the EQ or EQII forums seems silly. What category would LON fall under - General Gameplay? And LON players are expected to do what - wade through all the other non-LON thread in two different games forums hoping to find information.

I have to say that is not how I would expect a AAA game studio to react and respond.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Fendy Member

Maybe I misunderstood this post. Aren't THESE the Daybreak General Forums?
  11. Bacardi New Member

Who or where do we go now for in-game help??? SOE support ticket site gives no reply now. I'm having issues with Planet Side 2. Is Daybreak gonna end up like SOE and not care about customer game issues?