SOE/PSG: Important FAQ for upcoming player migration from PSG to SOE!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by SOE_Brasse, Jun 17, 2014.

1. SOE_Brasse Community Relations

SOE/PSG Important FAQ for upcoming player migration from PSG to SOE

[Edited to amend the migration date to on or about July 2nd ~Brasse]

[Edited after the end of the migration period. ~Brasse]

[Edited after the end of manual migration.]

As of January 31st, 2015 the PSG to SOE manual migration process is no longer available.

Those players that did not take advantage of the extended migration period and would like to continue to play SOE/Daybreak Games are invited to create new accounts at www.soe.com/register.

To our EU players,

We constantly review community feedback via all channels and want to thank you for your ongoing dialog. We wanted to let you know that Sony Online Entertainment and ProSiebenSat1. Games have jointly decided to migrate all PSG accounts for PlanetSide 2, DC Universe Online and EverQuest II back to SOE in the near future. Please take a moment to read the FAQ, and watch for updates as we iron out the details of the process!

As of June 18, 2014, region locks have been lifted. New EU residents wishing to register should do so via SOE hosted sites.

On July 2, 2014, we offered PSG players the a period of time to to migrate their existing accounts to SOE account management, in order to continue playing SOE games. All earned status, characters and in-game coin will transfer with the account.

Your payment details and personal information will not be transferred. When a transfer is initiated, only the ProSiebenSat.1 Games account name, character information, Seven Cash balance, and other game-related data will be provided from PSG to SOE, exclusively for migration purposes. You will need to create a new SOE account, subject to SOE’s Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, in order to continue playing the games through SOE’s service. You will also be required to enter your payment details if you wish to make purchases through your SOE account.

After migration, EU players with existing memberships will be automatically upgraded to SOE All Access Memberships. All EU residents will have the opportunity to purchase All Access memberships at the same rate as the old, single-game memberships, and enjoy all SOE games as well as a monthly 500 Station Cash claim, marketplace discounts and many promotions.

In even more exciting news, SOE Player Studio (EQII, EQ, PS2) is also expanding its scope to include submissions from EU countries, starting with Germany, France, Denmark, Norway, Sweden and the UK. Testing of the new tax registration process is already well underway!

Lastly, we want to thank you all for your dedication to the games, your support and invaluable feedback. Please keep it coming so we can make this the best possible experience for you now and in the future.

ProSiebenSat.1 Games

Sony Online Entertainment
    • Like Like x 9
  2. SOE_Brasse Community Relations

PSG/SOE MIGRATION FAQ

[Edited entire document to amend the migration date to on or about July 2nd ~Brasse]
    [Edited Oct 1 to adjust FAQ for post-migration period. ~Brasse]

When will the region locks come down?
    The region locks were released on June 18, 2014. Residents of EU countries can now create accounts with SOE for ALL of our games. Please note that if you have an existing PSG account with characters you wish to keep, you will be given the opportunity to migrate your entire account later, on or about July 2, 2014.
    The migration period is now over. Any account holder who still wishes to migrate from PSG to SOE will need to contact SOE Customer Service directly and submit a service ticket. The process is entirely manual, so expect delay, but we will do our very best to help you!

Can I keep my account going as they are with PSG?
    PSG will cease all hosting and support for SOE games as of July 2, 2014. This means you will no longer be able to log in to play using your current PSG account. You will need to complete the migration process to move it to SOE.

How do I switch from the PSG Launcher to the SOE Launcher?
    When you log in with your PSG Launcher on or after the migration begins, on or about July 2, 2014, you will be redirected to allow you to migrate your account. At the end of that process, you will be provided with a link to download the SOE launcher for any of our games. We will also post these links in the FAQ and on Community forums.

How do I move my existing account and characters to SOE?
    Starting on or about July 2, 2014, PSG will no longer manage SOE games in Europe. All existing customers in good standing who have an email address on record will receive an email from PSG on this date to advise how the account can be converted to SOE. We will also update the FAQ with the migration instructions for your convenience!

How long do I have to migrate my account?
    You will have a 90-day window, currently estimated to run from July 2 – September 29 inclusive, in order to migrate your account from PSG to SOE.
    The migration period is now over. Any account holder who still wishes to migrate from PSG to SOE will need to contact SOE Customer Service directly and submit a service ticket. The process is entirely manual, so expect delay, but we will do our very best to help you!

What happens to my SevenCash when my account is migrated?
    When you migrate your account to SOE, we will automatically convert your remaining SevenCash balance to Station Cash. It can then be used in ANY of our SOE games!

Will I still have access to all of my characters?
    YES! You will be able to access all character data (including levels and items) that were on the PSG account at the time of migration.

I am a paid member within PSG. What happens to my membership status when I migrate?
    All paid memberships will transfer with remaining time, and players with active memberships will automatically become SOE All-Access members! We hope you’ll enjoy exploring other SOE games! Among other benefits, SOE All Access members enjoy the ability to claim 500SC every month. Your first 500SC will be available immediately upon migration, and you will continue to receive this benefit as long as you remain an All Access member!

What happens when my current membership period comes to an end?
    Before the end of your final billing period, you will need to add billing information on your SOE account in order to renew your membership. Remember, All Access offers you membership across ALL of our SOE games for one low price! Read more about the All-Access membership benefits here!

I have never spent any money with PSG - will I still be able to migrate my account to SOE?
    Yes, we warmly welcome you to our SOE family! Your account will remain free, with the same access that you have enjoyed in the past. Full membership across ALL games is available at one low monthly price - read about the All-Access membership benefits across our games at this link!

What if I play other PSG games?
    You will retain access to other PSG games on your current account. Your account will not be affected by the SOE game migration, other than losing access to SOE games. You will need to migrate to an SOE account in order to continue playing SOE games.

I already have an SOE membership for some games, and want to know if I can combine my PSG account with my existing SOE account.
    We are sorry, but we are not able to combine accounts at this time. You may continue to maintain them as separate accounts. Character transfers between accounts owned by the same individual are available through the marketplace for EQII. We are currently working on a character transfer process for DCUO. Please watch for updates.

I am a PSG PlanetSide 2 player. Will my loyalty points transfer with me?
    Every PlanetSide 2 member in good standing that migrates from PSG to SOE will be granted the maximum level of loyalty points currently available at the time of migration. If you do not renew membership after your current account expires, you will eventually lose these loyalty points, as all players do.

What happens to my personal account information?
    Your payment details and personal information will remain private. When you initiate the transfer of your account, only the ProSiebenSat.1 Games account name and Seven Cash balance will be provided from PSG to SOE, exclusively for migration purposes. During the migration process, you will be prompted to enterSOE related Station account information (station name, password etc). You will also be asked to accept SOE’s Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. In order to make new purchases through your SOE account, you will need to associate a new payment source to this account as well. This can be accomplished outside the migration flow.
    [Edited June 23 to improve clarity ~Brasse]

What if I don’t want to become an SOE customer or just want my money back?
    You will need to migrate your account if you wish to continue playing SOE games. We hope you’ll join us! If you would prefer to receive a refund for your SevenCash balance and time remaining instead, please contact PSG support via email: soe-migration@p7s1games.net
    [Edited June 30 to update PSG support contact info. ~Brasse]

I have questions that aren’t covered in this FAQ. Who can I contact?

Please contact SOE Customer Service or PSG customer service (via email: soe-migration@p7s1games.net) with any concerns you may have! Please note that PSG will no longer support any aspect of SOE Games after July 2nd, 2014.
    [Edited June 30 to update PSG support contact info. ~Brasse]
    • Like Like x 5
  3. SOE_Brasse Community Relations

We have just opened DE/FR/ES sections of our forums for EverQuest II, PlanetSide 2 and DC Universe Online. We have a Community Representative for each of these languages ready to assist. Pop by and say hello!
    ~Brasse

[Edited to add links to these forums, where you can also find the DE/FR/ES versions of the FAQ! ~Brasse]
    EQII Deutschsprachige Foren
    EQII Foro Español
    EQII Forums Français

DCUO Deutschsprachige Foren
    DCUO Foro Español
    DCUO Forums Français

PS2 Deutschsprachige Foren
    PS2 Foro Español
    PS2 Forums Français

Landmark Deutschsprachige Beta Foren
    Landmark Foro Español de la Beta
    Landmark Forums Français de la Beta

________________________________________________________________________________________
    [Edited July 8, 2014 to add:]

HOW TO SWITCH TO THE SOE LAUNCHER
    (for former PSG Players of DC Universe Online, Planetside II and EverQuest II)

1) Make sure LaunchPad is not running.

2) Locate the Game Install Folder (windows right mouse click “open file location” or “properties” select “target”):
    (default directories below, unless you changed the game's install location)
    a) DCUO C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\DC Universe Online PSG
    b) PS2 C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2 PSG
    c) EQ2 C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest II PSG

3) Locate the LaunchPad.ini file with a text editor (e.g. Windows Notepad, simply right click on the file and select "edit")
    a) delete the "environment=psg" line within LaunchPad.ini
    b) save the LaunchPad.ini file

4) Start the game and log in with your SOE user account.

5) At this point, the game should patch and run in regular SOE mode.

If you encounter any issues, please contact SOE Customer Service via help.soe.com

________________________________________________________________________________________
    [Edited July 8, 2014 to add:]

IMPORTANT NOTE for FORMER PSG PLAYERS REGARDING BETA FOR EVERQUEST NEXT:

If you registered for Beta for Landmark, we already have your information and will include you in the pool for EverQuest Next. One Beta application puts you in the pool for both games. As it says on our Beta Registration:

"By signing up, you will be put into a pool of beta applicants for each respective program. For Landmark, when we are ready to allow more people into the Closed Beta phase, if you are selected by SOE to participate we will email you a time-limited beta key. Read more about Landmark's beta program here. EverQuest Next is still in the early stages of development."

If you did not apply for Landmark Beta and only applied for EQN Beta through ProSiebenSat.1 Games, you will need to re-apply for Beta through SOE. You can apply for Beta at www.everquestnext.com/beta-registration.

If you're not sure if you've applied, feel free to try the Beta registration flow again and the system will let you know if you've already registered.
    • Like Like x 3
  4. sompet New Member

Good move, thank you :D
  5. spack2k New Member

what about the account i had before i went over to PSG ?

cant i just go back to this account ?
  6. Krom New Member

Question:
    I bought DCUO when it came out, made an account, and after a while stopped playing it. But I use this account for Planetside2. A few days ago, I tried reinstalling DCUO and got told that I can't use that account anymore because of the ProSieben thing, but migration was no longer possible. Is it possible now to just flick the DCUO usage of that account on again? I wouldn't mind having seperate accounts, but I probably will buy a membership soon and I sure as hell won't buy two.
  7. Olgrey New Member

This is great news, thank you.
  8. Risae New Member

Thank you, these are indeed great news. Time to buy another months sub
  9. Sambril New Member

Great news. European players will once again be on the same footing as everyone else, paying the same price (currency conversions and tax differences aside) for the same level of service.
  10. Edgewalkr New Member

Similar to Krom I have a DCUO account, only mine WAS migrated from SOE to PSG in the original migration, I kept my existing SOE account as I was in the Planetside 2 Beta at the time. Am I going to be able to move my DCUO account (which has a lifetime subscription and SevenCash attatched) back into my existing SOE account?
  11. Feldon Forum Volunteer

12. hedstrom New Member

Customer/member in good standing? What does that mean? :confused:
  13. captainkill119 Member

well i welcome all psg players to soe accounts. i hope you all will be trying planetside 1 when you come.
  14. Malvious New Member

Im crying tears of joy \o/
  15. Malvious New Member

Means you are not banned for doing stuff thats not allowed.
  16. Yinnie Community Council

How will this effect Everquest Landmark & EQNext?
  17. Feldon Forum Volunteer

Landmark was never going to be under PSG.
    EQNext was going to be under PSG, now it will stay with SOE.

PSG is no longer managing any SOE games after July 1st, 2014. The divorce is final. ;)
  18. Marleigh New Member

I never moved any accounts over to PSS1, my DCUO account showed as banned when I tried to access it after the launch of all access. When I contacted CS they said it was because I had to create a PSS1 account and move it over. Will accounts in this situation simply be unbanned?
  19. Kumatora New Member

Thank you for listening to us! <3 :D
  20. Manc New Member

I'm another confused PSG DCUO account holder who has an active & therefore from today a proper All Access SOE account I use for Planetside 2. In the FAQ it states you will need an existing SOE account or you can create a new one. If you need an existing account surely I'll then be able to transfer my PSG cash & my DCUO characters into my existing SOE account? I have never played DCUO using my SOE account.

The FAQ goes on to say this which is causing my confusion but I hope I'm right in assuming that would only apply if I already had an active SOE account in the said game?