The Revised SOE ALL ACCESS PROGRAM FAQ!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by SOE_Brasse, Jan 23, 2014.

1. SOE_Brasse Community Relations

Dear SOE Gamers,

Thank you for your feedback regarding our membership benefits. The result has led to a brand-new offering that we’re excited to bring to our valued players.

On or about April 29th, we will be rolling out a simple, new All Access membership plan full of value. In the new All Access plan, members will be able to:
    ·Claim 500 Station Cash monthly from within the game marketplaces.
    ·Receive a 10% discount on marketplace purchases.
    ·Gain access to exclusive promotions and offers throughout the year.

And we’ve gone a step further…

We will be upgrading all existing individual game memberships to the new All Access plan, which will include the top-tier membership level in all eligible SOE games (EverQuest, EverQuest II, DC Universe Online PC, PlanetSide 2 PC, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes, and the upcoming EverQuest Next, Landmark and H1Z1) for one, low monthly rate of $14.99 (with extra savings for 3, 6 and 12 month plans). We’re also finalizing membership benefits to Dragon’s Prophet and will share these new updates as available.

We value you as a player and want you to know we are listening so please continue to share feedback. We hope the new All Access membership plan will allow you to further your enjoyment of your favorite SOE game, and discover exciting, new experiences across our current and upcoming portfolio of online games.

On or about April 29th, all players with existing memberships will be automatically upgraded into the new plan. So sit back, relax and enjoy the new savings and benefits!

To learn more and keep up to date on our progress regarding this program, please visit our FAQ here: https://forums.station.sony.com/soe/index.php?threads/the-revised-soe-all-access-program-faq.11500063040/

To receive timely updates about SOE games, exclusive membership deals, and more please opt-in to SOE emails here: https://account.station.sony.com/authenticated/cam/updateOptIns!input.action?theme=soe

Thank you for your continued support and we look forward to seeing you in game soon.

Sony Online Entertainment LLC
    • Like Like x 3
  2. SOE_Brasse Community Relations

THE NEW SOE ALL ACCESS FAQ

Hello, all!

We will update this FAQ with new information as it becomes available, so keep it bookmarked and check back! Please do help us and your fellow players by continuing to post questions or request clarifications, so that we can add information to the FAQ.

Thank you all!

We want our customers to be happy. We believe that the new plan offers great value and we hope you agree. If anything about this plan bothers you or you don’t agree with it, please contact our Customer Service team and we’ll do everything we can to resolve your concerns. https://help.soe.com/

UPDATED: Feb 28/14 with new rollout date of April 16th, 2014.

UPDATED: March 14/14, with info on multiple month purchases, Silver membership (EQ/EQII), multiple game memberships on one account and multiple memberships on different accounts, and Landmark info. Updates are in this shade of BLUE.

UPDATED: April 9/14 with revised launch date of April 23rd, ProSiebenSat.1 info and clarification on Marketplace purchases, as well as Dragon's Prophet in All Access. These updates are in this shade of PURPLE.

UPDATED April 21, 2014 -- revised launch date of April 29th.

UPDATED April 25, 2014 - added H1Z1 to upcoming, included games. Clarified specifics for Vanguard and Wizardry Online. Updates are in ORANGE.

Q: How does the new All Access program differ from the old one?
    A: The price for SOE All Access will be reduced from $19.99 to $14.99 and will replace existing SOE game memberships, on or about April 29th, 2014, for the following games: DC Universe Online (PC), PlanetSide 2 (PC), EverQuest, and EverQuest II, as well as Vanguard: Saga of Heroes*. We have confirmed that Dragon’s Prophet will be included in the program as well, and are working closely with Runewaker to determine additional benefits. Finally, the new plan will also expand to include our upcoming titles, EverQuest Next, Landmark and H1Z1!
    How does it work? As an example, if you are a gold member in EverQuest II, you’ll soon be upgraded to SOE All Access with full member entitlements in ALL eligible SOE games! You don’t need to lift a finger – it will all be done automatically.
    You will be able to log in to claim a monthly grant of 500 SC (one grant per account), and will receive 10% off most Marketplace purchases. Some exclusions will apply, including Station Cash top-ups, Krono and membership purchases. SOE All Access members will also be eligible for exclusive promotions and offers throughout the year.

*Members of Vanguard: Saga of Heroes and Wizardry Online will automatically be upgraded to the new SOE All Access program until they sunset on July 31, 2014. Please read further down this FAQ for special considerations around these games.

Q: When will this change take effect?
    A: The new SOE All Access program will be offered on or about April 29th, 2014. We will upgrade all existing individual game memberships to our unified SOE All Access program automatically. No need to do anything; we’ll take care of it for you.

Q: Do I have to do anything to make this happen?
    A: Just sit back and relax - the process for upgrading existing memberships will be automatic.

Q: Will I be able to join All Access with Krono or SOE $15 pre-paid membership cards?
    A: Yes! These options will grant you thirty days of SOE All Access membership AND award the ability to claim 500 SC monthly, plus all of the other benefits of membership.

Q: Does this program apply to recurring memberships only?
    A: We are pleased to tell you that both recurring and non-recurring memberships qualify so that all members can benefit equally. Recurring members receive further discounts on 3, 6 and 12 month purchases.

Q: How do I get my 500 SC monthly membership grant?
    A: You will need to log into any eligible SOE game to claim your monthly grant from the SC top-up section of the in-game Marketplace. Once you claim it, the SC will be added to your wallet balance.

Q: Why are you making us log in monthly to claim our grant?
    A: We recognize that this is an added step for you, but we’re working hard to make it really easy. We want to encourage players to log in more, play our games more, and spend the SC that they’ve been granted!

Q: How will I know when my 500 SC grant is available or if I claimed it already?
    A: Each game will have a UI feature on the Marketplace screen to inform you when your next 500 SC reward is available or what date your current 500 SC reward will expire. Additionally, we are redesigning the Account Management pages on soe.com to better surface your account billing cycle information to you (this concise information replaces three related questions from the previous version of the FAQ).

Q: If I miss a month, can I still claim my SC grant?
    A: You do need to log in every month to claim your grant from the Marketplace. For example, if you claim your 500 SC in month 1, but don’t log in to claim it in month 2, you will only have 500 SC to claim in month 3, because the second month’s option to claim will have expired.

Q: Can I save up the Station Cash or do I have to spend it each month?
    A: You are free to spend your Station Cash immediately or you can save it up over time for major purchases!

Q: What if I buy 3, 6 or 12 months of membership or consume multiple Krono or pre-paid membership cards at one time – will I receive all my SC grants at once upon activation?
    A: You will be able to log in right away to claim your first month’s SC grant, and then log in each subsequent month for additional grants. The SC benefits will not be granted all at one time.

Q: What happens if I am already an All Access Member? Do I need to do anything when the new program goes into effect?
    A: You don’t need to do anything. Your existing All Access plan will be automatically upgraded to the new plan at the lower price. If you have time remaining on your old plan when the All Access membership changes occur, additional time will be added to your account based on the new lower monthly rate, on a prorated basis. You can just sit back and count the savings!

Q: What if I play Vanguard?
    A: Vanguard is a special case, and our VG players are very important to us. The game will regretfully be sunsetted on July 31st, 2014 – for more information on the sunset of this game, please refer to our announcement, found here.
    We want to do our best to ease the difficult transition for all of our Vanguard players.
    To that end, we will upgrade all existing Vanguard members to SOE All Access status, from April 29th until the game sunsets, on July 31st, 2014 We sincerely hope that this membership access across all of our games will help you to find a new home and a new online world to explore within our SOE Game family.
    Unfortunately, as the Vanguard Marketplace is no longer under development, VG players will need to log into another eligible SOE game to claim their monthly SC grant. For the same reason, the 10% discount on Marketplace items will not apply to items in the Vanguard Marketplace, although members can apply it in all other eligible games that they may choose to play. We do hope that you will try other games in our SOE portfolio, including the upcoming Landmark and H1Z1, while enjoying full membership status across all eligible games until Vanguard sunsets.
    In either case, the Station Cash will remain in your SOE wallet after the sunset of Vanguard, and can be spent in any eligible SOE game. We do hope you’ll stay with us!
    If you have any game time remaining on your Vanguard account at sunset, it will be applied on a prorated basis to your new SOE All Access account. If you do not wish to continue as an All Access member upon the sunset of Vanguard, please remember to cancel your account on July 31, 2014, or it will auto-renew.

Q: What if I played Free Realms or Clone Wars Adventures?
    A: If you were a member of the SOE All Access program, you were able to play Free Realms and Clone Wars Adventures as members until those games sunset on March 31st, 2014.
    Standalone members of Free Realms or Clone Wars Adventures are not affected by the changes to SOE All Access. They continued to be members of those games, at only $4.99 (FR) or $5.99 (CWA) per month, through those games' sunset on March 31st, 2014 – please see our announcements for Free Realms and Clone Wars Adventures.

Q: I was a lifetime member in Free Realms or Clone Wars Adventures. How does this affect me?
    A: Free Realms and Clone Wars Adventures lifetime memberships remained in effect for those games through the sunset on March 31st, 2014.

Q: I am a Wizardry Online player – how am I affected?
    A: We regret that Wizardry Online will sunset on July 31st, 2014 – for more information on the closure of this game, please refer to our announcement, found here.
    As of April 29, 2014, players will no longer be able to purchase memberships in Wizardry Online. Existing members will be able to continue playing until the sunset.
    We want to offer our Wizardry Online players some exciting options to continue as members of our SOE gaming family. We are therefore pleased to announce that we will upgrade all Wizardry members to SOE All Access status from April 29th until the game sunsets, on July 31st, 2014, and hope that you will have a chance to experience and enjoy all of our games with full member status, including the upcoming Landmark and H1Z1.
    Unfortunately, as the Wizardry Online Marketplace is no longer under development, Wizardry players will need to log into another eligible SOE game to claim their monthly SC grant. The 10% discount on Marketplace items will not apply to items in the Wizardry Marketplace either, although members can use it on purchases in all other eligible games.
    After the sunset of Wizardry Online, all Station Cash will remain in your SOE wallet, and can be spent in any eligible SOE game.
    Wizardry Online accounts will be closed on July 31, 2014. If a Wizardry player wishes to continue as an All Access Member, they will need to resubscribe at that time. If there is any game time remaining on a Wizardry Online account at the time of sunset, it will be applied on a prorated basis to the new SOE All Access account.

[FAQ continues below…]
    • Like Like x 2
  3. SOE_Brasse Community Relations

[…FAQ, continued]
    Q: Will Landmark be included in All Access on April 29th?
    A: We do plan to include Landmark in All Access, but it will not be on April 29th. In-game Landmark Marketplace items and Founder’s Packs will also not be available for the All Access discount until the program officially includes Landmark. We are working hard to create exciting benefits for members that will be revealed as soon we are ready to add Landmark to All Access, so watch for announcements!

Q: Will Dragon’s Prophet be included in the All Access program on April 29th?
    A: We plan to include Dragon’s Prophet in our new All Access program and are currently working with our partner, Runewaker, to determine specific benefits. Until specific details are confirmed, please note in-game Dragon’s Prophet Marketplace items will not be available for the All Access discount until the game is officially added to the membership program. We will provide an update as soon as we finalize everything with Runewaker – please watch out for more announcements soon!

Q: I don’t see PlanetSide 1 mentioned anywhere, are they eligible for this program?
    A: We will offer PlanetSide 1 as free to play game for everyone when the new program rolls out, on or about April 29th, 2014 (or sooner!). Please note that PS1 has no Marketplace and will not see further game development. We know that a large number of people have played it in the past, and we hope you’ll enjoy it again, on us.

Q: Hey, will I get to keep all of the existing Gold / Legendary / Premium benefits in my game?
    A: The current top tier memberships in participating games will upgrade to the All Access Membership with the same in-game benefits you enjoy now, PLUS access to all other eligible SOE games and exclusive member-only sales and offers throughout the year. Check out the matrix for your game here for a current listing of your in-game membership benefits, which will carry over to the SOE All Access program:
    DC Universe Online Membership Benefits
    PlanetSide2 Membership Benefits
    EverQuest Membership Benefits
    EverQuest II Membership Benefits

Q: I became an All Access member back when it granted me extra character slots in EQII. What happens to those slots under the new program?
    A: Don’t worry, you will continue to have access to the extra character slots you were previously granted!

Q: I am a Silver member in EQ or EQII. What happens to my membership?
    A: When SOE All Access goes live, we will no longer sell Silver memberships in EQ or EQII. Existing Silver memberships will be grandfathered in under the new program, and can still upgrade to SOE All Access at any time. If you subsequently discontinue All Access, you will revert to the privileges granted by the Silver membership.

Q: I am a lifetime member in DCUO (PC). How does this affect me?
    A: Lifetime memberships in DC Universe Online (PC) will convert to SOE All Access memberships for the duration of the lifetime of DC Universe Online (PC).

Q: I play DCUO or PlanetSide 2 on the PlayStation console. Can I get SOE All Access too?
    A: Unfortunately, due to the difference in platform structure and account management, SOE All Access membership will not be available for our console players at this time.
    DCUO PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 members will be able to benefit from 10% off all Marketplace purchases.

Q. I have Gold membership to EQ2 on one account, and Legendary membership to DCUO (PC) on another account. With this switch to All Access, would I be integrated into All Access on one account or both accounts?
    A: As you have two separate accounts, they will remain separate accounts. Each one will be upgraded to All Access status.

Q: I have multiple game memberships on a single account. How will I be integrated into All Access?
    A: For players with multiple memberships in qualifying All Access games (e.g. EverQuest AND EverQuest II) on a single account, we will compute the remainder of paid time across all qualifying games and migrate this time to a single, equivalent, recurring All Access Membership. Once the Memberships are merged, the recurrence duration (1, 3, 6 or 12 months) and rate will be based on the oldest membership on your account. For your convenience, your account cycle will be clearly visible on the Account Management page at https://www.soe.com. Further questions about accounts and billing may be directed to SOE Customer Service, at https://help.soe.com.

Q: I’m a customer of ProSiebenSat.1 Games. How will this affect me?
    A: ProSiebenSat.1 Games is not offering an equivalent to the All Access program at this time. PSG will continue to grant 500SC per month (with no action required on your part) and a 10% discount on Marketplace items (excluding certain items such as DLC, memberships, Krono or SC top-ups).

Q: I am an EU player but I was grandfathered in as an SOE customer in EQII. Will I become an SOE All Access member automatically too?
    A: Those under an existing grandfather clause as SOE customers will remain with us, and will automatically become SOE All Access members under the new program.

Q: I am an EU EverQuest II player grandfathered in under SOE. I started playing DC Universe Online (PC) or PlanetSide 2 (PC) with ProSiebenSat.1 Games. Now that I am grandfathered in under SOE All Access for EQII, can I transfer my DCUO or PS2 accounts over?
    A: Your DC Universe Online and PlanetSide 2 accounts will remain with ProSiebenSat.1 Games and will not be transferred over. You will not be able to start new characters in DCUO or PS2 on your SOE All Access account for these games.

Q: I’m a customer of another international partner of SOE, such as The9, Innova or Boa Compra. Will this affect me?
    At this time, the SOE All Access change will not affect you. Most partners publish one SOE game each, and so this sort of program would not provide additional benefits to those players. We will share any information that may develop.

Q: I’m a customer of Akella for EverQuest II – am I affected?
    At this time, the SOE All Access change will not affect you.

Q: What happens if there is a sale on the Marketplace? Will my 10% All Access membership discount be applied to sale items too?
    A: Yes, the 10% discount will apply to all item sales in the in-game Marketplace, including items offered in specials or promotions – enjoy the benefits of being a member! Some exclusions will apply, including Station Cash top-ups, Krono and membership purchases.

Q: What does the 10% Markeplace discount apply to?
    A: The 10% discount applies to all Marketplace purchases made using Station Cash or real world currency. It excludes Station Cash top ups, Krono, memberships, and purchases made using certs, gold, or other in-game currencies.

Q: Wait! My question is not answered in this FAQ or I have other questions about my account and billing. Who can I talk to?
    A: Please contact our Customer Service Department and they’ll be happy to help! https://help.soe.com/

Q: I am grandfathered in under a special legacy promotional program or locked-in rate and want to make sure I don’t lose my status! How do I find out how I am affected?
    A: Our goal is to honor all special rates and programs for our players. Please contact Customer Service with any special concerns you may have! https://help.soe.com/

Q: I am not satisfied with the changes you’re making and I just want my money back.
    A: We want our customers to be happy. We believe that the new plan offers great value and we hope you agree. If anything about this plan bothers you or you don’t agree with it, please contact our Customer Service team and we’ll do everything we can to resolve your concerns. https://help.soe.com/
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Ivan Carlos New Member

Hi , I did not understood well.

I have DCUO Lifetime membership and I want to know when my new SOE All Access will expire. Will be when DCUO go sunset or for the time I had with Lifetime membership alive?
  5. Errend New Member

I have a 2 year EQ1 only subscription now. Will I get all-access for the duration of my membership after April?
  6. Dammacx New Member

Hi Ivan, I am a lifetime member also on DCUO and as I understood it when I read it, as long as DCUO is up and running we will have All Access memberships for all the SOE games mentioned.

This is great news since I was looking forward to trying Everquest and this will probably get me to spend some cash in that game or in DCUO. Thanx SOE
  7. Ashlanne Community Relations Project Manager

Yes! In April your membership will automatically convert over to an All Access membership for the remainder of the time you have.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. SOE_Brasse Community Relations

It will end when DCUO sunsets. It's a very strong game, so I hope that you have a good long Lifetime with it!
  9. Zunnoab New Member

What happens if you have gold membership in more than one game? For example, I got good yearly deals for Everquest and Everquest II. Everquest renews in November and Everquest II in May... does the remaining time on those two subscriptions get combined, or does the larger of the two take effect? Considering the price of the new plan is identical to the sum of my two current plans, it sounds like I'll actually end up paying less.

For another question, I did this (very) rarely admittedly, but with two separate accounts you could log into more than one game at once. I would assume the ability to do that will go away with the new plan? I just tested it and it indeed still works (I logged into EQ and EQII at the same time). I'm not particularly worried about losing this ability, but I could see it being a question some may have.
  10. Farmada New Member

So, according to this FAQ, an EU grandfather account will have the All Access member rights, including the future EQNL and EQN. Can you confirm this?

Thanks for all your effort and dedication.
  11. SteveT New Member

I paid for lifetime access to DCUO with no monthly fees. What I read by this change is that I will have access to everything and I will have to pay $14.95 a month once I am "converted" to the All Access Plan. I have zero interest in any of the other SOE offerings and will be unwilling to start "paying" for All Access. Did I get this wrong or is this correct?
  12. Squishling New Member

Will the Planetside 2 premium member benefits with increased resources and xp bonus persist?

/squish
  13. Revenari New Member

As a EU player and current PS2 subscriber, I never converted my SOE account to ProSiebenSat.1 and still refuse to do so. I take it I still wont be able to play my DCUO account even with all access? It was created before that company was given EU player accounts.
  14. Zunnoab New Member

I can't figure out how to edit my post, but re-reading the FAQ I figure it probably falls under:

15. Ashlanne Community Relations Project Manager

You are correct... You can not play DCUO with that account per this section of the FAQ:

Q: I am an EU EverQuest II player grandfathered in under SOE. I started playing DC Universe Online (PC) or PlanetSide 2 (PC) with ProSiebenSat.1 Games. Now that I am grandfathered in under SOE All Access for EQII, can I transfer my DCUO or PS2 accounts over?

A: Your DC Universe Online and PlanetSide 2 accounts will remain with ProSiebenSat.1 Games and will not be transferred over. You will not be able to start new characters in DCUO or PS2 on your SOE All Access account for these games.
  16. Ashlanne Community Relations Project Manager

This is correct. Our Customer Support Team should be able to look at your accounts and set things right.
  17. Nafie New Member

Many years ago I had an all access pass, with the extra character slots, when I returned to the game, all those players were gone including the original character made in EQ2 on start after beta. I just want to make sure that all the new character slots I purchased will not also be deleted if you decide to close the All Access Pass this time?
  18. Tulvarus New Member

Will EQ/EQ2 players still be able to claim their 5 free packs in Legends of Norrath?
  19. Pariel New Member

Sorry, this is a double post from the EQ2 forum, but I would really appreciate an answer on this.. if it is exactly as stated in the FAQ/Announcement - you have made my year already!

Okay, so have I got his clear.....

I am an EU player, I have an SOE account of 15+ years which will migrate to All Access. The announcement says:

"We will be upgrading all existing individual game memberships to the new All Access plan, which will include the top-tier membership level in all eligible SOE games (EverQuest, EverQuest II, DC Universe Online PC, PlanetSide 2 PC, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes, and the upcoming EverQuest Next and EQN Landmark) for one, low monthly rate of $14.99 (with extra savings for 3, 6 and 12 month plans). We’re also finalizing membership benefits to other games such as Dragon’s Prophet and will share these new updates as available."

So, taking the points in bold, can I assume, as stated here, my existing SOE account will remain with SOE and my all new shiny all access with give me access to the upcoming Everquest Next and EQN Landmark as stated in your announcement and seemingly confirmed in Brasse's FAQ:

Q: I am an EU player but I was grandfathered in as an SOE customer in EQII. Will I become an SOE All Access member automatically too?
    A: Those under an existing grandfather clause as SOE customers will remain with us, and will automatically become SOE All Access members under the new program.

Please can I have a 100% cast iron guarantee that what you have stated here will not be reversed?

Thank you :)
  20. jordanit New Member

I am wondering the same exact thing. I apologize for being dense but it seems like there are 100 different subscription plans out there being consolidated into one (which is a good thing). Lots of different lingo to digest.

Will DCUO lifetime members have to pay a monthly fee after the conversion or not?