Esports BR?

Discussion in 'Battle Royale' started by bohon, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Do you guys think with them releasing a BR, that they intend to try to launch an esport with it? Lots of positives that could happen with it, I don't see entirely why they wouldn't
  2. I think it would work well. Especially if they focus on streamlining the core game loops. To me, one of the biggest improvements they could make is taking out the "backpack digging" from BR. Fortnite took a step in that direction, but as Doom721 said in the other thread, if they made dropped upgrades automatically hoover into your inventory without having to pick through them, that would be a step in the right direction.

Anywhere they can tighten up game loops would help it succeed. It plays pretty fast already, so I think it just needs a bit more tweaking.
  3. In my opinion, it would make more sense to host community tournaments and the like first while the game is still in its infancy to iron out bugs at first. Perhaps DBG could expand to more formal tournaments if those succeed. Releasing some sort of esports scene too early can turn off people though, as they might see a failed attempt at esports as a failed game.

I am, however, hoping they can implement some sort of Outfit v Outfit structured mode with rankings at some point.