[BUG] ZOOM TOGGLE bugged in last patch

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rohxer, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Rohxer

Apparently I'm the only person that plays with "Zoom Toggle" checked since no one I've spoken to in-game has noticed this. It's the very first setting in the General section. There have been previous bugs associated with this that were broken months ago and never fixed, such as when you're in a base turret or any vehicle, zoomed, and then exit the turret/vehicle, you are stuck in permanent "zoom mode" in your infantry until you re-scope your weapon. (This gets me killed all the time when I exit a turret fast to deal with a threat behind me.)

Anyway, the new bug, probably related to the PS4 controller changes:

If you play the game with "Zoom Toggle" selected, and aim down your weapon sights (ADS)/scope, and then hit your "HOLD BREATH" key, you are immediately dropped out of scope mode and back to hipfire.

* To especially see this in action, equip a sniper rifle with zoom toggle selected and try to actually play the game as a sniper (using hold breath). You can't.

I typically play with a scout rifle, 6x, zoom toggle, and while running and gunning, now lose my scope every time I hit hold breath. So I'm going to have to drop to a lower scope, stop holding my breath, or de-activate zoom-toggle as a fix. None of which are ideal, but I can probably deal with it.

If you're running a sniper rifle though, zoom toggle is no longer an option.
  2. Rohxer

One more thing to add - as someone else reported, and I just confirmed, you need BOTH "Zoom Toggle" -and- "Sprint Toggle" checked in order for this bug to happen.

If you have either one of those un-checked then there is no issue, and you may play on.