ZOE Whiners rejoice!!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Slaidd, Jun 13, 2013.

1. lncabin

2. illgot

I can't believe your generation has degraded so much you can't read and understand something without a video showing you step by step what to do. I'm sure I described it well, better than I wanted to considering my main isn't even TR.

Good luck to you, I hope one day someone teaches you how to learn instead of copying.
  3. Drealgrin

an extra 10% damage vulnerability on top of an 8 second timer? (which actually amounts to nearly 46% damage vulnerability increase from your standard max unit. you will be taking somewhat like 138% MORE damage while zoe is active as opposed to the like 92%)

(Rough guessing based on bad math skills)

This is the end of the ZOE max, and vanu's ultimate uncontested total supreme reign over Mattherson.
  4. Zorlox

and so begins a new cycle of max nerfs.
  5. Xasapis

Actually i will be useless to everyone. The whole premise of it was to position yourself better, then switch it off when under fire. Somehow the developers got it all backwards and thought we'd activate it when under fire with a massive armor debuff that 1-shots the max, regardless of armor module installed.

Nop. If test carries to live, it'll be as useful as flashlights.
  6. Badname0192

Start out with an 80 percent damage resistance buff. Take off 30 percent of that 80 percent, - 24 percent, you still have 56 percent damage resistance if they do the math that way.

If not and it's just a flat 30 percent deduction to the 80 you wind up with 50 percent damage resistance as a ZOE MAX, you're still dealing damage and still moving around quickly and are able to be repaired. Besides that who uses ZOE 100% of the time? Have to be stupid to do that. If anything some VS will wind up being better at using the ZOE just as some VS tankers became better tankers after the Magrider nerfs.

Good VS players will still use them, other than that, you may not find yourself surrounded by as many VS if things turn out well and perhaps Mattherson will be brought down to a 33/33/34 or what have you server instead of a 45 percent VS world throughout the day and a 60+ percent VS world pop throughout the night.
  7. Drealgrin

so you take an extra 116% damage for 8 seconds. That completely negates the damage increase and relatively neuters the speed increase which is now only slightly slower than infantry while being twice as large.

8 seconds basically limits its use it to hit and run tactics from a lightly guarded spawn room. Nothing more.

I'm not quite convinced that this isn't completely devastatingly destorying the ZOE max, i guess i'll just see for myself when it happens.
  8. Badname0192

No you still take 50 percent or more in damage resistance from infantry sources while ZOE is in use, still have movement increased and still deal out a scattermax load of damage beyond Scattermax range.

See the positive? No? I guess you should report the numbers for hacks and tell them to get cancer.
  9. illgot

You can always use it at rave parties. I agree the whole change is rediculous.
  10. Pat Cleburne

Don't worry, you don't need overpowered gear to win, when you have 20-30% population advantage over everyone for 20 hours a day. Even a team of Jerry's kids could pwn a server with the number of players Mattherson VS has.
  11. Drealgrin

We've always been the best, and we will always be ;D
  12. Drealgrin

auraxian cancer* which can be cured by an arrow to the knee.
  13. Yonasu

This is a slap to the face. ive wasted 6k+ certs into this thing and was hoping they wouldnt completely destroy it. now its completely useless. It's not even close to how it was, it's like their whole quality assurance process shut their eyes while this thing was made and now all of a sudden they dont know what to do with it. "I know, lets nerf it into oblivion so the whiners shut up". **** em

This was not a balancing patch, if the max was so overpowered that they needed to completely destroy the ability they should just remove it altogether and come up with something else. Balancing it would be tone down the speed which they have already done, this is a message to a faction of players from another faction through whining.
  14. Van Dax

This is why I never bother to cert anything for the first month it exists.
  15. Taki

If you seriously thought ZOE wasn't OP, you're an utter moron.
  16. Yonasu

NO U

It was, then they nerfed the strafing.

Now they should just remove it cause its meaningless
    • Up x 1
  17. Gary

All in all it was a needed change. To much? We will have to wait and see.
    Anyone who says it was fine and balanced in its current state is not in the game for fair and balanced fun.
  18. Ulrikke

You do know there are more than one server right ? Come to Ceres, I think you will like it there.
  19. Kaesarr

VS guys, you don't need ZOE. Charge is far more useful. :eek::D
  20. Ulrikke

It even rimes ;(