ZOE Whiners rejoice!!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Slaidd, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Yonasu

aouch x 3
  2. Xasapis

I don't regret my purchases. I also have about 8k certs saved ... for emergencies ;) 3000 will go to the blueshifts once I get auraxium with the nebulas. And with that I will have all abilities maxed, all max weapons and all timers maxed.
  3. WeEdNL

Hmmm these tears taste like blueberry juice, nice.
  4. Tekuila

Well either way your words mean little when you aren't displaying your character names.
  5. C0L0NELH0GAN

Save it up, Fractures next...
  6. Rhiaci

I found it easier than posting an essay that would basicly bring the same point accross.

Personally, i do think the Nerfs on the testsever to be a bit over the top, but they are not live yet and i don't expect them to go through like that. If they give it a chargebar mechanic there really is no need for the additional armor debuff. or vice versa, though i do find the current always on mode to be over the top as well, as there is not enough real incentive to ever turn it off.

I'm baffeled btw, that you would ask how it is comparable to the charge ability. Speed boost for like 2 to 3 seconds where you can't shoot, strafe and don't get a damage boost. If you feel the need to Compare ZOE in its current iteration with Charge, it just shows that you don't care about balance at all. All the things you mentioned in your post are just petty whining about potentially losing a cruch that compensates you for lazy gameplay. Also, you stating that TR doesn't use the Pounder makes me laugh. Next to no one used Pounders before the Fracture, so there isn't really any change there besides TR now has a AV Max weapon that is actually worth equiping. It is also useable as AI, but so is the Comet.
  7. WeEdNL

I'm too poor to use them, I wont lose any sleep over it.
  8. Dvine

Oh come on get the **** out with your trolling man.

You're telling VS to "adopt" to the nerfs, while you and your buddies cried on forums as usual while you refused to adopt to he ZOE Max. The truth simply is that ZOE gets nerfed to be a liability when used instead of an ability with upsides and downsides, because people like you refused to fight it ingame, instead you fought it with tears here on the forums.

The saddest point of this really is that, crying enough on the forums instead adopting and overcoming results in developers solving the problem for you.

I just hope the next CoD/BF comes soon so all of the entitled crybabies will flock there from PS2.
  9. Ziogatto89

Except the fact that it makes you shine bright pink which is a huge attention grabber. You currently shine bright pink and take extra damage when on ZOE. Which is basically a huge "SHOOT HERE" sign coupled with the fact that people know that pink=takes more damage.
    Ok that's just stupid.
    ZOE is an ability that replaces charge of course i compare it to charge, what should i compare it to, High-G airframes? If I have to give up charge for another ability of course I want something which gives me a comparable benefit in different situations. Just like i compare A2AM with rocketpods when I think of what to take for my ESF.
    I guess that's too much of an alien concept to someone used to whining about other empries' stuff only.
    So you think fracture is perfectly balanced?
    My point was that people were whining that VS only uses things that are OP... as if that's something only VS does, which i claim to be an unjust biased view.
    What are you doing with fractures? The fact that nobody used the previous AV weapon further proves my point. You don't use max AV weapons as long as they're not OP.
    Besides, you really think fractures are balanced against comets?
    http://ps2-stats.com/weapon/infantrytype/av_max/all/per-hour
    ^Clearly they aren't.

I see no mention of strikers, amusing how annihilators became extinct among TR. I guess selling stuff with station cash is indeed more important than keeping promises made in alpha like "weapons are sidegrades not upgrades". This also further proves my point that it's not just VS that won't use something unless it's OP.

Was that it? That really lacked in substance as I predicted. For someone who talks with such arrogance you really show you're not worth the time, but out of respect I still took the time to show you why I think you're wrong instead of just insulting you.
    • Up x 1
  10. Rhiaci

I don't believe the nerf is based soley on forum "complaints". If it were, the fracture and striker would have also received the same treatment.

Also, it appears to be you who has the entitlement issue from the way you are formulating your post.
  11. haldolium

hey did you notice VS can also walk and run like any other faction?

I think that too needs to be adjusted. Like removing the legs from VS and maybe make their vehicle wheels square.
  12. Fenrisk

We found higbys dad. ^
  13. Dvine

Aaand how is that an argument exactly? You dont believe? Wonderful! How about you check the numbers?

http://ps2-stats.com/weapon/infantrytype/ai_max/all/per-hour

http://ps2-stats.com/weapon/infantrytype/av_max/all/per-hour

So based on that please go ahead and explain me how its not because of the forum whiners like you?

I'm waiting!

p.s: Dont even try strawman arguments or personal attacks..
  14. Shinrah

The only MAX´s that can "Instagib" are DualScat, DualRaven, and Dual Fracture MAX´s(Probably Pounders, no clue bout that, tho). A VS AI MAX needs at least 6-7 hits to kill you, a Comet MAX needs at least 3, that might not take long but it´s far from instagibbing.

With the current PTS changes ZOE becomes obsolete, hardly any VS used ZOE for the extra DMG. Most VS I know used ZOE for the speed buff, now that speed buff is limited to 8 seconds. The Sprint lasts roughly 4 seconds, is way faster, doesn´t turn you into a glowing target, doesn´t turn you into a glasscannon. So yeah, unless the ZOE cooldown is way below the 20 seconds of the sprint CD, I see no real point in using it anymore.

At the same time SOE goes and increases the Prowler Vulcans range, apparently without much further changes. Way to go, thats like extending the OHK range of Pumpaction Shotguns. Way to "balance", but hey "VS are weird, they only use OP weapons".....right! As if we have any....
  15. Rhiaci

Okay, so you apparently think people wouldn't shoot at a max if it wasn't glowing pink?

I honestly don't know what you are trying to say here. The abilities have different purposes, i agree. You appear to want ZOE be a better charge, not diffrent to charge?

No, i don't.

I can agree with you that the whole sidegrade idea was thrown out of the window long ago.
  16. Rhiaci

Yes, the Fracture can kill infantry. It's still less effective as the worst AI weapon at it. I did state in the Fractures vs Raverns vs Vortex' threat that i'm not a fan of AV weapons being overly effective against Infantry, so I can't really give you any argument there, sorry.
  17. The King

And yours mean nothing as you don't even know who I am. But do trust me, you'll still get instagibbed with or without the ZOE, you're not immune..
  18. Phazaar

Thank you for both falling into my trap so wonderfully.

So, only pros and people with huge cert investment are using the VS MAX and it's achieving a K/D of 2.8 (higher than any other MAX)... But now, ZOE comes along, VS MAX is the most popular unit in game, everyone and their mother's using it because it's 'balanced now' (VS vernacular, context 'VS arsenal', definition: obviously overpowered), and what's that? The average K/D of a VS MAX is now 3.5??

So let me get this straight. Only good players use something and achieve the highest K/D with it. Then it gets 'balanced' so all the bad players are using it too.. And the K/D goes up... So now it has EVEN HIGHER K/D than the other MAXs, despite that the average skill+investment of a user has gone down...

Yep, I totally see your point. Before the VS MAX required skill to perform well; a high skill floor much like its high skill ceiling. Now, the VS MAX requires much less skill to operate on the same level, to the point that the average player now achieves even better than the pre-ZOE 'skilled' users did... And all of this 'balancing' occurs above the line of K/D the other MAXs maintain... So we're all glad it's being nerfed, right? Good.

Oh, and if I'd chosen to be a real dick about it I could pull in some other things that are pulled vastly less than their counterparts (the pre-non-convergence Reaver, for example) that perform less well despite being used by the more dedicated players... So the other thing we can conclude from your point then is that the Reaver was EVEN MORE underpowered vs the Scythe/Mossie than the VS MAX ever was vs the NC/TR MAX? Sweet. Thanks for settling that.

Realised you should retire from theorycrafting yet? You're both clearly terrible at it.
    • Up x 1
  19. Dvine

Of course you cant give any arguments, none of the forum whiners can based on the hard data from those two queries. From that point it doesnt take Sherlock Holmes reinforced with a CSI crew to see the elephant of in the room being the simple fact that forum whiners alter the game more than actual hard data.

The ZOE nerf is nothing but bowing to the forum whiners, who cant/wont adapt to the multiple ways of taking down a ZOE max.

Period
    • Up x 1
  20. illgot

I keep reading a lot of false information.

1) ZOE does not make the Max the fastest infantry in the game

2) ZOE only increases the maxes speed to that of a normal infantry, slower while strafing

3) ZOE takes an additional 20% damage from all sources

4) A direct hit from the default HA missile will nearly kill a ZOE (and remember they have larger hit boxes, glow bright pink, and only move as fast as normal infantry so complaining they are impossible to hit only shows you can't hit a normal player who has a smaller hit box and moves just as fast).

5) ZOE damage increase is not a solid 20%, the bonus depends on the weapon and can be less than 20%

6) ZOE glows bright pink making it a notable target

7) All max hit boxes are larger than the standard infantry hit box

Combined small arms fire from multiple people can tear apart a ZOE max. If you haven't learned to play as part of a group by now and keep complaining about not being able to solo a ZOE with your SMG or shotgun, either develop some real skill (use explosives plus your primary weapon) or quit using the forums.

As for the other maxes, they are also fine. TR could use a slight decrease in lockdown speed and the NC could use a change in how the Aegis shield covers the player.

I am defending ZOE because I have used it. VS is not my primary faction, but at least I understand the facts about ZOE and don't panic about it when I die from one on a forum (or anything for that fact). What I am noticing and starting to hate is the trend that some developers will nerf a feature at the drop of a hat the instant people start to cry on the forums like children.

I do not want my NC or TR toons to be effected by this irrational behavior. Learn to play people and play all the factions so you understand real balance.
    • Up x 3