ZOE now = suicide button?

Discussion in 'MAX' started by RaskolBandit, Dec 18, 2013.

1. BeanSidhe

Frankly, I've put some ranks back into ZOE, but I've yet to figure out when best to use it. Before I left it off when under attack and turned it on to get some maneuverability. It doesn't seem to help maneuvering all that much any more and the extra damage output doesn't seem to compensate the extra damage I'm receiving.

Has anyone figured out when it's strategically wise to activate?
  2. BeanSidhe

In other words, the changes were to make ZOE more situational. Has anyone figured out yet what situation it's best for?
  3. Dethfield

The current state of the MAX abilities is pretty strange to the say the least. The ZOE doesnt seem to give a huge advantage from my short experience using it lately. The TR lockdown is still very situational (pretty much only useful for bursters), and with the recent bug/nerf to the NC aegis shield (no longer reliable against splash damage), all three of them seem to have fallen flat.

At the same time, charge remains the same, which isnt really a bad thing. Charge has always been a pretty nice ability.
  4. Shadowhunter1

sounds like you haven't tested it out from that response. it works for me.
  5. Alox

I have tested it out, the most notably movement buf for ZOE max is forward movement while firing. Unfortunately you are taking ~30% more damage when its on, and the 10% close range damage buf is not enough to kill infantry with one less bullet with most weapons. Charge is simply just better.

Normal Infantry:
    •Forward run: 4.0
    •Forward sprint: 6.5
    •Strafe / backpedal: 3.0

Normal MAX:
    •Forward run: 3.0
    •Forward Sprint 6.0
    •Strafe / backpedal: 2.1

ZOE MAX:
    •Forward run: 4.5
    •Forward sprint: 6.0
    •Strafe / backpedal: 3.0
  6. Alox

It is kinda hard to find a situation where you need to move and fire while not being fired upon at the same time. Also once committed you are stuck in ZOE for 15 seconds, so you need to predict the combat situation pretty good.
  7. Shadowhunter1

don't pick and choose specific words from what i said to make your point. USE EVERY WORD I SAID. it makes you make more sense to me when you quote me, as apposed to me looking at you like a mentally deficient monkey. I SAID ZOE WORKS FOR KILLING AT RANGE AND RUNNING AWAY.
  8. Aeroloulou

You get up to 10% bonus damage if you spawn camp. Not that it makes any practical difference. I think thats about it.
  9. Alox

Provided your team mates leave the spawn room before they fire their dumb-fire rockets. :)
  10. acksbox

Yes. Never.

Also, "tactically" is more appropriate than "strategically" in this context.
  11. BeanSidhe

Thank you. You are correct in the use of tactically.
  12. Shadowhunter1

hit F again, it will disengage. unless they broke that too.
  13. Ceskaz

Last patch note about ZOE states that now, once engaged, ZOE lasts a 15sec and cannot be disengaged.

Source:

14. Shadowhunter1

posting anything SOE said is meaningless to me. when they stealth patch and make ALL those notes meaningless.
  15. Ceskaz

Generaly, people complain about the lack of source. I was just trying to help. If you find it meaningless, well, I invite you to shove your sceptism where it insults nobody bringing something to the community.
  16. RealityWarrior

At max level how much additional damage does ZOE inflict on its user?

Unless that gets to below 10% I will not use this piece of junk. It should 0% at max (and then I question its usefulness)
  17. VaIhall

How is Vanu easy mode? all factions have guns that aim and shoot and vehicles that drives forwards. Vanu doesn't have any ability that stands out since ZOE nerf but the other 2 factions do.
  18. SLiCKRiCK

The only thing I can think of is for low flying ESF defense (e.g. Vanu Archives). But the damage doesn't scale beyond a certain distance so its not really that useful. Aside from that, there aren't really any situations I can think of where charge is not a better choice right now.
  19. Alox

I have tried the new ZOE on rank 5 to see how much extra damage I took, and I believe it is about 20% extra damage taken at rank 5, but I am not sure. That would then mean 40% more damage taken on rank 1. Need someone to crunch the numbers one day...
  20. The Walrus Whisperer

Yeah the Shield doesn't work 95% of the time. I use it mostly for cowering behind on my way back to cover after I empty my mags into some TR commies or VS cultists.