ZOE mod on test server.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dreadnaught Wrex, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Dreadnaught Wrex

So.... its now on the test server.

If any of you guys remember the videos of TR burster MAXes with lockdown ripping apart a ESF. Well! low and behold.

The ZOE does it just a quick, while doubling the walking speed of the VS MAX. And they can turn unlike lockdown.

No, the ZOE mod isnt OP, neither is the lockdown mode. they both have their niches to their faction's style. Even the NC's shield is like that. But instead of support the squads with fire support, they do it via defense.
  2. Gary

Its not quite as fast as the TR lockdown but does have a similar affect. I personally love the NC perks of soaking up the damage (Vanguard and now the MAX Shield) And would trade in TR versions in a heart beat for them but friends play TR Thats were i will stay
  3. Neopopulas

Zoe is like.. Lockdown lite. Its not as powerful, butits more versatile, because you can move, and its a smoother faster movement, but its not as powerful, i like it.
  4. Onetoo

I know I said I didn't want ZOE, but now that I've seen that it increases movement speed (THANK YOU SOE) and it can be toggled (isn't charge up), I am a fan. ZOE is a great trade off between boosted performance and reduced durability.

After trying the new AV weapons though, I'm convinced that SOE regrets ever putting vehicles in the game. In their current state the new AV weapons are too awesome to exist in a balanced game.

If I could, I would make it so that Lockdown/ZOE wouldn't work with Dual Bursters and the new vehicle weapons couldn't be dual wielded. Not going to happen, but that would probably save the current air balance and keep vehicle from taking yet another unnecessary hit.
  5. SinerAthin

The problem with Lockdowns and ZOE is that they make the MAX's already powerful AA even more powerful.

Instead of buffing our AA(which is already fine) why not buff them in areas where they are weaker? MAXes don't have long range AI weapons, they get blown up easily etc.

I wish instead of ZOE that we could have gotten something else, like:
    - Shock Charge Shield. Activates when hit by a direct C4/Rocket to absorb the damage. Takes XX seconds to recharge. Doesn't protect against any other damage.
    or
    - Focused Shots: Greatly increases accuracy, recoil management and bullet velocity for a set amount of time. Takes XX seconds to recharge. Does not affect Bursters.
    or
    - Organic Machine: The VS MAX receives a temporary great boost to running speed, sidestepping and jumping height.

MAXes are very good at AA. Give them something else that won't effect their AA but could help their survivability/AI instead.
  6. Badname2490

lol.

• Up x 3
  7. Chiss

Sorry, but i'm going to have to stop you there. Shield is complete crap, and no one will use it.
  8. Chiss

ZOE is overpowered in its current state, thats why you like it.
    • Up x 3
  9. SinerAthin

Indeed.

It's useless as long as a single C4 brick can kill a MAX. It's just a death sentence as it is.
  10. Chiss

Plus even if it was AMAZING for team support, still, no one would use it, as it doesn't give you EXP.
  11. SinerAthin

I always think kill EXP should be more shared.

Like if you distract ten guys so your team can flank them and kill them, I believe you(doing the most risky job) deserve some of the reward.
  12. Zaik

it's not as quick.

it requires 26 hits to blow an ESF, and normal bursters take 34. seems to be roughly a 25%ish increase rather than 40% from lockdown
  13. Onetoo

ZOE is broken with Flamethrowers (basically one-shots) right now, but it certainly doesn't feel OP with standard weapons. It certainly shouldn't work with the Starbursts or Bursters though (same with Lock-down).
  14. DashRendar

Holy crap, how did the flame go from killing a max in 4 clips to .5s with the ability? Probably a bug that treats all enemies as though they were infantry, disregarding MAX health/armor or something. Either way, I'm pretty worried about these upcoming MAX abilities, they all seem a little too overpowered. What's even the drawback of the ZOE?
  15. Zaik

ZOE works on most AI weapons by increasing it's damage output one tier. that means 143 damage weapons go up to 167, 167 go up to 200, etc.

i would imagine the game is trying to figure out what tier of damage is immediately above 20 and bugging out and giving it some ridiculous value like 2000.
    • Up x 3
  16. Onetoo

You take increased damage.
  17. DashRendar

By what factor? 2x, 4x?
  18. Ranik

Something like 20% Extra.
  19. crazyoldfart

FYI... Y'all in the wrong place. Test server is down a few. :p
  20. Sebyos

Meh ZoE seems to do about 25% more damage for 25% more damage taken and some speed buff...

I'd take Lockdown in a heart beat. That thing is crazy, I can't find how we will take Biolabs from TR with a few well placed Locked Maxes.