ZOE Max ability is gamebreaking

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mastachief, May 22, 2013.

1. Mastachief

VS max warping all over the place mowing troops down at 70m+ and ripping armour apart from the hill tops.

TR get a sitting duck and the NC get a Shield that takes 50bullets to drop at level 5 and lets blast damage through.

What kind of piss take is this.
    • Up x 63
  2. Talshere

As someone who just had an NC max walk directly at my MANA turret and not give a **** to blow my head off at point blank. QQ MOAR!
    • Up x 23
  3. Allin

So, NC crying "OP MAXXXX!!!!!one!1!!oneeleven!"

I that's not irony, I don't know what is.
    Welcome to the world of EVERY ONE ELSE in the past months, my friend!

Also, your post shows how clueless you are - wait till TR will nottice how effective dual burster and fracture is with fully certed Lockdown.
    VS maxes will be the least of your problems.

And if you think your ability on the max is bad... well... nothing to add.
    • Up x 8
  4. Sharpe

They really went overboard with ZOE... it's pretty insane.
    • Up x 15
  5. SadButTrue

It sure is. Now as VS we have to worry about new players who constantly shoot anything that glows. I'm currently getting shot at and killed more often by sub BR10 VS players than the enemy.
    • Up x 1
  6. Jac70

An NC complaining about overpowered Maxes :eek:

Oh the irony.
    • Up x 26
  7. ChipMHazard

Both the ZOE and the Lockdown are almsot certainly going to get nerfed as both of them are probably too effective.
    Haven't seen the NC shield in live action yet, but it's probably going to be too effective in enclosed areas as well.

Did people really believe that these abilities would be balanced in their first live incarnation? If more people had joined the test server then maybe, but...
    • Up x 7
  8. Selerox

TR gets lockdown to make them even more effective at taking down air targets, effectively making them an order of magnitude better against air than NC or VS.

NC gets a shield to allow the best close range infantry unit in the game to be even more unstoppable at close quarters, making Biolabs even more of an NC stomping ground.

I'd say the VS deserve at least something to balance out those odds.
  9. Talshere

The NC shield is ********. MAX's always take some brining down but in bases now finding an NC MAX is a death sentence unless there are at least 10 of you with a decent area spread.
  10. XRIST0

ZOE is rediculous , took the fun out of fighting VS to be honest .. especially now everybody is using one :rolleyes:
    • Up x 4
  11. methyrlate

Are we playing the same game? From my testing today

ZOE gives a move speed of a normal soldier.
    It gives a 5-15% damage boost depending on the weapon
    It reduces hitpoints by 40%.

It really is not as exciting as you are making out.
    • Up x 11
  12. Posse

NC complaining about OP MAXes? Oh, the irony. Can't wait to get home, download the patch, and start fueling my ZOE with NC tears :D
    • Up x 3
  13. PurpleOtter

Saw some NC making exceptional use of their shield MAX's today. They were blocking fields of enemy fire so their infantry could pass without damage. Nice teamwork guys!
    • Up x 16
  14. korpisoturi

enjoy those tears but do it fast, cos VS maxes WILL get nerfed , they are just too strong/fast/versatile in current form.
    • Up x 4
  15. Ranik

And wrong from the get go. Unless they changed it from a couple of days ago, it reduces hitpoints by 20% Gives a 50% speed boost and a 15-25% damage boost....

Balanced? Not likely.
    • Up x 2
  16. Soundmonitor

shut up everybody let the VS have their fun its about time they get a FOTM weapon, no maybe people will switch over to balance pop... When this happens SOE you can balance it!
    • Up x 4
  17. jiggu

And when it was on the test server everyone were ******** on how useless it would be
    • Up x 2
  18. jiggu

It's most likely the movement speed bonus that will get nerfed, the damage buff isn't big enough for any nerf to really affect and increasing their armor reduction would be silly.
  19. Tamas

That was the plan!
  20. Phattie

It reduces the HP by 20% and the movement speed is fast enough to cause ADADAD warping that all the light assaults are currently enjoying. The thing is now a hacksaw max at long range.