ZOE, irrational fears and reality

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by W0rthy, May 24, 2013.

1. TerryTenMen

Everyone knows ZOE is op, answer this, do you think SOE will nerf it next patch?
    • Up x 2
  2. deggy

Everyone does not know ZOE is OP. As a matter of fact, I know it's not. Your problem is that you see a glowing purple MAX, think "OHMAHGAWD UNKILLABLE" and don't shoot the damn thing. ZOE MAXes go down alarmingly fast to small arms, grenades, and dumbfires.
    • Up x 1
  3. Stew360

The only reason why the ZOE are perceive as Okish is all due to the lattice systhem and massive figths we have rigths now , since their is so much peoples to shoot at the ZOE they will get beat pretty fast in some cases

But in the reality if you take a 12 vs 12 players in a small outpost if 4 of each team pull out maxs the ZOE team will have the edje in term of efficiency this is factual

In large figth ZOE are just a little anoyance

In smalls figth ZOE are seriously OP compare to any others maxs including VS vanilla

ZOE broke the balance between SLow and slugish maxs and regular speed infantry , the way that the ability can be toggle on and off forever make it way to manageable and OP in manycase agains infantry agains others maxs its buisness as usual for the most part
  4. MasterD

I think a major problem is that they don't have to commit to something. Lockdown takes time. NC Shield takes time. ZOE is instant can be switch on and off as many times as you want to. Any decent player would know when he should be using it and when he shouldn't. I don't mind it having a boost to damage and speed but it needs a activation time just like the others and probably a timer that recharges like the HA shield.

You should go play on Mattherson right now. Nothing but ZOE Maxes. Their pop jumped nearly 5-8% the last 2 days.
    • Up x 1
  5. Meeka

Sorry, I also play VS a bit, and I think the ZOE is too much.
    • Up x 1
  6. SadButTrue

The only useful part of ZOE is the movement speed to get from A to B. Anyone with the slightest sense of self-preservation turns ZOE off the second you see enemy, take fire or stop moving. It's actually a hindrance when trying to escape from enemy, as you're moving too slow to escape and take far too much damage.

What I'd like to see:

Remove the damage given (taken too but this would probably be needed to balance)
    Prevent fire when ZOE active
    Add a timer preventing fire for maybe a second or two after switching ZOE off (have this decrease with cert levels)
    Increase movement speed slightly

Fix the silly Burster Lockdown and everyone should be happy.
  7. Craeshen

Rockets one of the primary ways of dealing with maxes can easily be side stepped by zoe maxes. C4 only works if you catch them while they're distracted. Ap mines lul whut ap mines. So that brings us to small arms fire and 1 zoe max can easily mow through 5 people before dieing to number 6 you can't really run from zoe's either.

So all the zoe max needs is an engy to patch them up every once in a while and they are unstoppable.

Multiply that by about 50 and you get our current situation. Zoe maxes lateral move speed is such that they can easily dodge the most available counter to them.
    • Up x 1
  8. S0LAR15

All this talk of warping yet not a SINGLE video has emerged, and as infantry supporting a ZOE MAX, I have not seen it yet.

The ZOE is fine, not even the strafe speed is OP. Granted the strafe speed IS the ability, but it is not faster than an infantryman sprinting, so yea........there you go.
    • Up x 1
  9. schwarzklang

ADAD is like bunnyhopping, a big myth!
    • Up x 1
  10. DasHenne

The TR and NC will eventually get used to the fact tthat they have to deal with Vanu MAXes too now. ;)
    • Up x 1
  11. Flag

Sigh...
    This thread is painful to read.

To the TR and NC(or vs if there's any) who believe the ZOE is allowing VS to warp around the place, instead of just banging on a barrel, bring proof.
    You can even use an in-client video recorder, it's a button-press away.

All in all, I believe the real issue is the sheer volume of VS MAXes being used atm, and TR and NC not being used to the new variable.
    The extent of what the ZOE did was to open the eyes of VS to the MAX class.
    And I honestly expect the TR and NC(at least on Miller) to figure out how to counter this new threat before long.
    • Up x 1
  12. Latrodectus

Stopped reading there.
    • Up x 2
  13. deggy

This. We actually use our MAXes for something other than Bursters now. It doesn't take a lot to kill any MAX, I can solo a bad one with my LA's carbine. A good one takes two people to kill, and rightly so. MAXes aren't free.

You guys are just lucky that ZOE doesn't buff MAX Punch. If MAX Punch was a one-hit-kill with ZOE running, I'd have already Photoshopped an image of an energy sword to my MAX and turned him into an Elite.
    • Up x 1
  14. Dudinatorman

Magrider not OP? Then it's obvious that the NC scat max wasn't OP either.
  15. W0rthy

Yeah ignore conc.. and use a strawman argument to say it's undefeatable. -1 for sincerity.

I've said it 20 times here including in the OP which repliers apparently don't even bother to read, but i'll say it again because half the forum apparently doesn't get it..

conc + 1 rocket = dead zoe max. Since it can't charge away.

Can we please establish that, instead of of having to hear the next person out of too many others coming here saying zoe max mobility has no counter.
    • Up x 1
  16. loleator

its gamebreaking. game is losing players faster than ever since last update, even with the double xp trick
  17. Flag

Then do everyone a favour and tell us -WHY- it's gamebreaking? And before you get the idea to blame ADADAD warping, bring proof, or it's just another baseless accusation.
    • Up x 1
  18. TerryTenMen

Nobody said it doesnt have a counter, just because it has a counter doesnt mean it's not OP. You dribbling on about conc grenades throughout the whole thread isnt fooling anybody.

I know your not very good but most VS maxes wont be standing around waiting to be hit by a conc grenade/ likewise the other 15 people sitting around them.
  19. Flag

Uh, do you even know how they work? They detonate on first impact. So there really isn't much of a red dot to flee from. And since the effect now stacks, a few HAs can neutralize a room full of enemies, regardless of class, ability or whatever.

As for the ZOE, I forget what your problem was originally(you spent a lot of posts denouncing the conq. grenade and calling VS players bad), so remind me.
    Why is ZOE so damn OP?
    Again, without video proof, blaming ADAD warping is an exercise in futility.
  20. Raynef

The fact that visual from what I see is. Zoe sidestrafting faster than any infantry can. When a max has better mobility than a normal foot soldier something is wrong. Their forward and backpeddle speed is fine and the dmg/resist decrease is fine but the fact they can do this crazy side strafe from hell is too much. It should be on par with the foot soldiers side strafting.