ZOE, irrational fears and reality

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by W0rthy, May 24, 2013.

1. ComradeHavoc

Either make it so they have less health in ZOE, or their buffed movement speed is only for going forward not side strafing. As a hardcore NC max player I can say that it's like playing wack a mole with a ZOE max, and TR>NC got the short end of the stick in terms of the max abilities. TR has to lock down (which is great for NS bursters and that's just about it), and NC gets a "please shoot me I can't shoot back right now" shield (which is good for running away/backing up). The VS got a great offensive ability, which works for the lone player (also NS bursters). TR and NC got defensive abilities. And while a ZOE can zip around then run back into cover, other maxes are like hulking turtles. So far their should be some downside to each max ability, NC max shield: can't sprint, can't shoot, only protects front for a certain amount of damage. TR max lock down: reload and fire rate buffed Max can't move. VS fire rate, reload speed, movement speed buffed less health. So fare the VS max seem's like a better TR max ability.
  2. sindz

If im wrong, show me. Fraps and post it.
  3. W0rthy

The reason i have a lot of max time is because i've practically been in zoe over half the time i've been on for the past few days. Like i suspect most VS players have.

Wackoo and masakr (massive smacktalkers) would immediately switch from ha to their maxes the moment they saw me as part of the infantry battle whilst smacktalking me in whisper, i have to say masakr is completely talentless whilst wackoo atleast has some skill, because they knew that otherwise they would get their butts handed to them, which i have done on several occasions. That's why it seemed obvious to me that they spent a lot of time maxing. But apparently not so much as i expected, massive mossie and prowler farming however.

K1ng kennedy just smacktalks for no reason, has like 4 friends added ingame 1 of them being wackoo so i know they're all in the same social circle, he's mostly light assault one trick pony on the same area of biolabs everytime farming from the top of the buildings, or vehicle whoring, overall these guys are some of the most impolite wannabee's i've ever encountered and enjoy harassing people through whisper which is why they are all added to my ignore.

And i'm fairly convinced that you're very closely related to their social circle. Because apparently me blocking you ingame isn't enough, you have to go to forums find my posts and smacktalk me here aswell. Incredible how bumhurt you are over getting killed in the game. I never taunt dead bodies or do anything, you've never had a just reason to harass me. Other than you doing so because you choose to be bad towards other people.

Also my VS kd is not 3 it's 3.72 and climbing, and my tr is 5.6kd which is more aligned with my general kd ratio than my VS. I already linked screenshots of carv only with 320+ kills and kd 10+. And i have atleast 30 screenshots of doing similar things on my steam.

I'm logged in as i'm writing this so i don't care much about time played. That's an irellevant factor. When i actually get in combat, things go very fast and that's what counts.

That you want to pretend that i'm terrible because you're trying to troll me doesn't make it true no matter how many times you say it.

Also you basically have not made a single post in this thread without insulting or smacktalking someone including me. Which seems to be the general thread of the guys i'm talking about, which is why we don't get along very well. And you're a great example of the unlikeable nature of these kinds of people.

And you have nothing sensible to say with regards to the subject matter. If you continue with this drivel i am going to report your replies to the forum admins. Then you can talk to them about how you think you have the right to go around harassing people right and left. Though i'm not so sure they'll favour your position.

Instead of being mean and harassing other people that play the game, perhaps you should learn from nice players like galaf, a very good tr player that plays on ceres where i'm VS. Have had several nice conversations with him after we fight eachother. And that goes for quite a few other TR aswell.

I mean i can't help to think that people like k1ng kennedy only having 4 people on his friends list has something to do with his behaviour.. it gets a little boring being around arrogant people who constantly say other people suck and harass people via whisper till they get ignored. He's even tried to add me several times as friend in order to smacktalk me some more, hoping i would lift the ignore. And with regards to wackoo i even had to make a ticket to get him off my back because he was abusing whisper whilst ignore wasn't working correctly.
  4. GhostAvatar

Sorry, but you lost me at the first sentence. The Magrider was OP, it was out performing the Prowler and Vanguard combined. So tell me why I should even bother reading the rest, when you fail to even see something as simple as this.
    • Up x 1
  5. W0rthy

Well the prowler anchor 4 with head reload 4 which i have on my tr is very powerful and so is the vanguard shield which i have on my nc, I'd be happy to trade with a beefier tank with less mobility but that would erode the differences between the factions, the fact is tank vs tank prowlers and vanguards are very hard to go up against and you have to dodge quite a bit and often run away during combat in order to take them down.

few things can farm infantry or enemy tanks as fast as an anchored prowler with heat, and a charging vanguard just screams out "RUN" if you're in a magrider. Especially a column of them. Yet somehow because the mag could/can move sideways it was considered OP, eventhough it could do so because it HAS to dodge where the others don't have to as much.

What i wanted to say with mentioning the mag is that the mobility is seen as being invincible when it's a massive tradeoff in many scenarios.

And so is zoe, however that's very irrational to say it's invincible when conc completely nullifies its ability, which afaik is not the case with aegis or lockdown.

You really ought to try it on a vs character and try getting conc'ed or killed with 1 dumbfire rocket etc. Then perhaps you wouldn't find it that necessary to lean towards zoe being nerfed into absolute oblivion.

In my op i also encouraged finetuning of lockdown and aegis. I'm not in favour of a faction having something that is completely op, but it's pretty sad that when vs finally gets something cool and different in line with their faction traits, the forum warriors are hard at work trying to render it useless.

For once VS maxes are actually useful where before they were considered a laughing stock and tr and nc maxes dominated most battles. It's a bit unfair that VS has to take the backseat constantly the moment we get something useful.
    • Up x 1
  6. S0LAR15

Yea higher BR here, the mag wasn't OP because it scored more. If you check out NS score per hour stats, daltons, ns11 etc you'll find bigger discrepancies than those that were held up for the magrider. Thus making stats for score or kills useless for talking balance.

The original Mag was Probably slightly too damaging. However they could've not nerfed it and went ahead with the vanguard and prowler buffs only and it would've been fine, but they swung it too much the other way, and nerfed the mag too because it "scored more".

The mag as it us now is good, though only due to the saron being given a ********. It's main gun is pretty gimped in velocity and damage.
    • Up x 2
  7. W0rthy

Yeah, magriders with HE was extremely good for anti infantry, because they could camp spawns whilst dodging dumb rockets and place themselves to fire inside buildings with ease, and then magboost away after placing a couple of he rounds inside a building killing a bunch of infantry.

However post HE nerf anchor heat prowlers are the unrivalled anti infantry farm kings, aswell as insane anti tank shredders, even air goes down easy with anchor.

And vanguards are the best tank smashers because of their shield and their immense tankability, being able to close the distance of an anchored prowler negating its immense anchor advantage.

The mag is still great with PC reload 4-5 But is far from OP and slightly subpar to the other tanks in tank battles, Yet it can be utilized with great success inspite of it still if you utilize the terrain correctly. though slightly in front of the vanguard in anti infantry still, unless there's more than 5 vanguards together backed up by engineers, in which case you have a serious problem on your hands as VS. And less so as TR due to anchor.

In many ways it seems like TR and NC are built to fight eachother as can be seen from the tank balance, and VS is like the inbetween faction that gets mobility instead of a direct counter. And that's ok, except that TR and NC are hard at work trying to remove the mobility VS needs whilst offering little as substitution.. hehe

However.. mags needed the mobility to escape the other tanks aswell as dodge dumbfire, so the purpose of the mobility was two fold.

whereas zoe only moves slightly faster than regular infantry and can get conc'ed making them completely immobile and unable to charge away and dying to only 1 rocket when zoe is enabled.
    • Up x 1
  8. Wintermaulz

The only OP thing about the ZOE is that it can strafe faster then infantry.
  9. Spookydodger

No matter how much I press ADAD, I seem to get hit with stunning regularity from long to close range. Either it still takes damage or I'm just not l33t enough of a haxxor.
    • Up x 1
  10. W0rthy

I need to show you screenshots because otherwise you'll lie and say i run around with 2 kd on a general basis or some other rubbish trying to make me look bad. And you doing that throughout this entire thread is what's really sad.

Wackoo played on mallory he was notorious for smacktalking and vehicle farming and was constantly sitting at crown either farming infantry coming up the hill or shooting prowler heat rounds at ti alloys all day long.

He's annoyed atleast 30 different VS players that i'm aware of. His twitch confirms it aswell as his stats, constantly cycling prowler/lib/mossie, though mostly mossie, farming biolabs with the outfit zerg or returning to the crown. We even had people cheering when they blew his mossie up because he was such a ****** to people.

lib 6.7k, mossie 10k, prowler and lightning 10k. that's 26.7k kills with vehicles.. half his total kills.
    That's what you call vehicle farming broseph.

In contrast have 9k kills with vehicles (6k with mag 3k with scythe). 1/3rd of his. That's because i'm pretty much infantry only. Mostly use scythes as disposable assets to get to the battle.

He was abusing lolpods from day 1 aswell as got the benefit of the one month of prowler op before he stopped playing.

In contrast i didn't even get in a scythe properly untill it was nerfed to the state it is currently in, because i found it pretty cheap. Same reason i didn't join the shotty fotm prenerf. or abusing of ubgl's.

The rest of his infantry kills were usually biolab battles or farming people running up the hill to crown since day 1 where TR had complete dominance the first month on indar, gating both nc and vs. Whenver i encountered him he switched to vehicle or max or went back to crown to farm.

The amount of times i've found k1ng kennedy in mani biolab on esamir farming as a la is quite substantial. I don't have that much playtime with LA either eventhough i have all the carbines auraxed. When you farm spots intead of moving around strategically you can't use the class playtime to illustrate much.
  11. TerryTenMen

Sounds like your a bit jealous of wackoo, you going to count his friend list as your next excuse. The last point just doesnt make sense. You cant use class playtime to illustrate if they are a ***** in that class, how ridiculous.

Also you have 11k kills in vehicles not 9, why do you keep making things up?
    • Up x 1
  12. W0rthy

I forgot about the lib kills 1.1k, hence the discrepancy. Haven't been in one for ages. Big deal

Well he started messaging me because as he was climbing to BR 100 i was close to him, i didn't even know the guy or cared much about the leaderboard before he started harassing me in whisper to the extent i had to make a ticket about him to support to get him off my back, for the better part of a week, nonstop whispers every 5-10 minutes talking trash, and ignore didn't work correctly at that time so that was awesome...

That's how obnoxious your little friend is.. And i'm not the only one he's harassed in that way.. he was notorious for doing so.

After that needless to say i derived great satisfaction off of killing him as infantry. Which wasn't exactly mindblowingly hard, it was harder to actually catch him as infantry rather than in a vehicle.

I'm far from jealous of him, very few people on mallory liked the guy. me included, he's a complete ******. And you are obviously a friend of his as are those players we've been talking about. They behave almost exactly the same so they must be in the same social circle of arrogant clowns.

Whoever you are of these people.. i don't really care. But stop trolling this thread and other threads of mine, blocking you ingame should be enough but apparently you don't have any brakes, so perhaps some should be provided for you as it seems your parents didn't bother teaching you manners.
  13. Czuuk

Because nothing should be able to drop a Galaxy in two clips.
  14. TerryTenMen

I've never spoken to him, you keep mentioning these people, all seems a bit obsessive.

It's funny you say your K/D is climbing and yet you have spent all your time in a ZOE max, sounds OP to me
    • Up x 1
  15. GhostAvatar

Sorry, but you started off by saying the pre-nerf Magrider wasn't OP. When you start a argument with a completely false statement, you negate anything you say afterwards as it becomes a fallacy.

[IMG]

I will give you one guess when the Magrider nerf happened.
    • Up x 2
  16. W0rthy

You're obviously one of them, stop trolling you clown..

My kd has gone from 2.7 @ 13k kills to 3.72 @ 48k kills, and since i've just barely killed around 1k kills with a max, then that has pretty much nothing to do with it unless you fail at math.

Also stop constantly trying to make this thread about your personal grudge and ridiculous ad hominems. You've had like 10 replies saying i suck and that i'm stupid and whatnot.. There isn't really much doubt what you're doing here.

TL;DR you're not fooling anyone.
    • Up x 1
  17. TerryTenMen

I can see over 2k, more lies. Which 1 of those 3 would you put money on?

Also i've not said your stupid or anything abusive of the sort, just that your a bad VS player trying to protect his OP new max ability. You are the one ranting and lieing about things
    • Up x 1
  18. W0rthy

Even if it's 2k kills out of 48k the point was that had nothing to do with kd increasing unless you completely fail at math. Care to talk about how VS maxes were before zoe?

Get out of the thread troll, the sheer amount of smacktalking replies from you in this thread to me since the early pages just screams "obsessive". And you only partially mention the zoe module so you have an excuse to badmouth some more.
  19. TerryTenMen

My posts illustrate quite well as to why your thread is pointless, you lie in every post trying to make yourself look good!

As I said earlier, a bad VS trying to cling onto an OP ability to higher his KD by the only means he can
    • Up x 2
  20. W0rthy

Nonsense, the minor inaccuracies is where i forgot to include a weapon or vehicle when checking my stats, which are honest mistakes. Not my damn fault that the player stats don't have kills per class.

And i only dragged those out because you have said i suck and that i'm stupid and whatnot for like 10 replies before that, completely trolling this thread with your stupid ad hominems acting like i'm not in a position to say anything legitimate about zoe.

You've got nothing other than your foul smelling attitude and your personal grudge, you're not here to talk about zoe anyways..

just take a look at your last 10 replies.. 2 - 3 lines of personal attacks, no substance whatsoever with regards to the OP, typical trolling mentality. Please crawl back under your bridge.