ZOE, irrational fears and reality

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by W0rthy, May 24, 2013.

1. LahLahSr

Fishwives and drama queens the lot of you.

Let's see some relevant STATS before claiming anything about OP, UP or Balance. There is absolutely no basis yet to conclude anything about the new MAX abilities, in terms of relative power and utility on a macro level. Anecdotes - while entertaining and revealing - are just that, anecdotes.

These abilities are not as clear-cut as the half-witted OHK-camera-guided snipe-from-cover launchers and those took about a month to get fixed.

Simmer down everyone and instead have a reasonable discussion about what stats are relevant for a genuine comparison between:
    - Before/After performance
    - Faction vs. Faction performance
    • Up x 1
  2. TerryTenMen

But i think it's fantastic how you have to say things like "VS players suck", when someone uses logic against your argument"

You havent used any logic, just a poor players desperation post on the forums as per usual, but then you need all the help you can get on the game. Same thing happens all the time when a nerf is obviously going to happen.
  3. W0rthy

When the truth hits you that TR is the easymode faction and not VS, i'd love to be there to see it. For someone who has actually played all factions i know this to be accurate. That's why they've been nerfed repeadetly.

But go on with your nonsense about wanting ZOE to be nerfed and pretending that conc's don't exist and saying people who admit conc's exist are somehow bad players.
  4. TerryTenMen

I'm not interested in concs, I dont know why you keep talking about them, seems like you have some obsession.

I've said your a bad player because i've seen you play, no running around in an OP max will change that fact either.
  5. W0rthy

Maybe i'm talking about conc's because I'm sticking to what this thread is about, ZOE and how it can be countered easily. You're just being a sad little shythead.. And those who played against me, aswell as my stats show/know i'm not a bad player.

But thanks for the pointless insult and showing that you have no reasonable argument for ZOE being nerfed other than resorting to baseless ad hominems when your argument is defeated.
  6. CupBoy

Here are some pre- and post-GU09 MAX stats:

Code:
    2013-05-03 - 2013-05-16
    Class  Faction    Chars    Avg. time  Avg. score/hr
    MAX        NC      7239      2.58      11467    (+164/-166)
    MAX        TR      7234      2.73      12108    (+163/-165)
    MAX        VS      7291      2.71      12125    (+160/-162)

2013-05-22 - 2013-05-24
    Class  Faction    Chars    Avg. time  Avg. score/hr
    MAX        NC       985      1.79      11350    (+372/-360)
    MAX        TR      1116      1.83      13231    (+374/-364)
    MAX        VS      1554      2.03      14113    (+357/-348)

Take from that what you will.
    • Up x 1
  7. rickampf

I was thinking that VS will never start their crusade against a super saiyan mode max nerf.
  8. TerryTenMen

Well i've played against you and I am saying this. The only stat you excel in is playtime, nothing else.

Your point about conc grenades is completely pointless, for example, lets say SOE made the TAR a 1 shot kill weapon. You could use a conc grenade and kill this TAR using person easily. BUT does that mean a 1 shot kill AR isnt OP because it can be countered? No it doesnt. It would get nerfed, the same as ZOE will in the next patch.

The thread is pathetic, like most VS inspired ones when the incoming nerf bat is a foregone conclusion.
    • Up x 5
  9. Xasapis

Looks like the average lifespan of all maxes is lower than pre CU9. VS live a bit more (they were tied with TR earlier), but still, well below the pre CU9 levels.

There is also a 50% increase on VS maxes pulled, which is the major change from CU9.

In terms of performance post CU9, it seems that NC had no change, TR got a 10% performance boost and VS a 16% performance boost.
  10. CupBoy

That's not the lifespan, that's the total time played as MAX in that period of time so those numbers increase the longer the period. Generally, only compare the relationship between factions, not the absolute numbers. The post-GU09 scores will also increase as I capture more data due to double XP. But yes, it appears that TR and especially VS benefited the most from the MAX updates - and VS also appear to be loving their new maxes.
    • Up x 1
  11. Xasapis

I was looking at the average time to see how long the maxes live. Pre CU9 they lived on average 2.6 (whatever that is). Post CU9 they live average 1.8 (whatever unit that is).

I wonder how much of an effect on the survivability of VS maxes is having 150 instead of 100 maxes on the field.

The pre-CU9 scores of VS maxes were bad, considering that they are the least populated faction (best exp bonus) combined with the most targets to kill. Probably because the other maxes had better AV options, while the Vortex needed buffs and people seem to have discovered comets post CU9.
  12. W0rthy

by your childish behaviour you're probably either masakr k1ng kennedy or wackoo, whichever the case you are all newb vehicle ****** with big mouths that constantly smacktalk random people in whisper chat.

So post your main character so i can laugh at you or stop acting tough through the cloak of anonymity. Your call.

Your comparison doesn't even make any sense. You can't oneshot people with zoe except maybe with dual comets (see fracture, raven). And its mobility can easily be countered with conc. Which just means that it's vulnerable. Whereas if you use charge you can zip away.

My point about conc grenades nullifying ZOE's abilities is absolutely spot on. And since zoe module is outfit it can't use charge to escape. That's why you're not even denying it you're just making some ridiculous comparison that makes no sense, hoping nobody will notice.

Did you get your butt boy to +1 your thread that's too funny. Maybe you should stick to what the thread is about instead of baseless insults.
  13. CupBoy

You can't get the average lifetime from that number. They might be living longer or they could be pulling maxes more often. And the unit is hours.

Population actually doesn't appear to affect scores as much as you would think. Overall scores seem pretty independent of population balances. So, the VS Max was doing fine before, i.e. at the same level as the TR Max, and even better now.
    • Up x 1
  14. Xasapis

Actually the VS max was underperforming. Think about it. VS are underpopulated on the majority of servers, constantly operating with at least 20% exp bonus. On top of that, due to lower numbers, they also have more people to kill. Despite all that, they had the same number with the other factions.
    • Up x 1
  15. CupBoy

Ok, let's try again.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AmUavphHXmIxdFhHUzJfN1VYalRnWS0xMnBUdTJpM1E&gid=69

Even on Mattherson, the VS Max was doing fine.
    • Up x 3
  16. DuckSauce

So is it a fair interpretation that VS are now pulling significantly more MAXes than the other factions (up from close to equal with the other factions) and VS MAX's average score/hour is now comparatively higher than the other factions?

That would square pretty well with my in-game experience.
  17. CupBoy

Yes, that's what I get from the data.

I'm also seeing more VS MAX's in the game now.
  18. LahLahSr

Excellent CupBoy - better to address data than conjecture and anecdotes. A sound reminder is all it took.

In and of itself, this data may not be enough to conclude anything one way or another. The NC MAX is a CQC weapon, the TR and VS MAXes are generally more versatile.
  19. TerryTenMen

If I was any of those 3 people, you wouldnt be laughing at the stats, as they are all better than yours.

Of course my comparision makes sense, your just a bit stupid and dont realise.
    • Up x 2
  20. JonboyX

You are wrong, because I have seen this being done. I can't say how easily or consistently it can be replicated because I don't know how many players try, nor what user/server conditions are required to pull it off. But the fact that I have seen it done just this morning on Cobalt by a glowing VS max disproves your statement; i.e. lateral movement between two points about 2m apart without appearing at positions in between.
    • Up x 2