"You've noticed us interacting with the community"

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Liewec123, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Liewec123

-Wrel
    [IMG]
    Erm....

Other than patch notes and the odd bug report there hasn't been anything posted
    by a dev on these forums in years...

Where is this heightened communication?

All I see are a million suggestion threads with zero DBG replies,
    We're snakes in a deserted wasteland, hissing at ghosts.
    • Up x 3
  2. LodeTria

• Up x 1
  3. TRspy007

They post more streams. I mean, it's a start, but far from the SOE days.

On some occasions, the devs post stuff on reddit...although I'm not sure why they do that when there's dedicated forums like these for their responses/comments.

I don't think the game is transparent enough for me to spend money again. I don't need devs to cater my every need, but it would be nice to see some presence from them in the forums. This would help us get a better idea of what the devs are focusing on, if things like the broken launchers, critical chain bug, horrible g2a and vehicle gameplay are going to be looked at in the "near" future. Without a clear sense of which issues are prioritized, and what direction the devs are making with the game and community involvement, I probably won't spend another penny on this game. (Although I want to buy the decimator G and B to finish the Kraken directive).
    • Up x 1
  4. LodeTria

5. Rooklie

I'm thinking of the twitter Alert feed and how, when a server goes down, or once it's up again, they publish an Alert to let us know !

(that's a joke)

Although, it's true, but I'm guessing he's referring to twitter? (which I don't read, neither do I read Reddit so it might be Reddit ?)
  6. Johannes Kaiser

Maybe the increased frequency of newsposts on Steam? Just guessing here.
  7. Blam320

Most of their interaction with the community is done through Twitter and Reddit, now. The forums died a long time ago, while Reddit is still actively used.
    • Up x 1
  8. TRspy007

Oh great, one of my minor examples might be fixed with today’s patch. After half a year, critical chain users will no longer have smg sniper rifles.

You’re right, what a completely irrelevant example of mine, which completely ruins the validity of my main claim. The game is perfect as it is, there are no bugs and tweaks to fix, the devs are and have always done an outstanding job with the game, not to mention their outstanding presence within the community.

Really wonder what’s stopping me from supporting this exemplary game, which is and always has been perfectly managed.

Just a quick question, are you a dev in disguise?
  9. TRspy007

Actively is a strong word.

Also not sure why they keep the forums instead of just posting direct links to twitter or reddit.