your Vandal loadout and tips

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by eldarfalcongravtank, Aug 9, 2014.

1. eldarfalcongravtank

granted, infiltrator probably is my least favorite and least played class in the game. but yesterday night i discovered that i had purchased the vandal on some discount day but never actually tried it.

so i went ahead and spawned in a battle between vs and tr on snowshear, esamir. after figuring out the cloak-sneakup-uncloak-shoot technique i managed to pick off some people and went on a small streak

i gotta say DAYUM this gun is beast!! a midrange monster that can also wreck unsuspecting people up-close without problems.

my attachments for the vandal are:
    sound suppressor (stealth at any cost)
    foregrip
    4x tms scope

at midrange it is phenomenal but hitting moving targets at longer ranges sure is a pain in the spandex for me due to the gun's low projectile velocity that gets worse with the suppressor. that forces me to lead a lot. then again, at one point i also managed to kill a group of two terran heavies and medic (low-br) at close-range since they did not see me coming. this weapon is surprisingly effective in this kind of situations

for my infiltrator i use hunter cloak, manticore with suppressor and laser sight, rank4 nanoweave, max-rank motion spotter, frag grenades, medkits (since regen3 implant is too slow for me)

so what is your preferred vandal loadout? and are there any tips from more professional infiltrators (since i am a noob) on how to use the weapon effectively? :)
  2. Linheru

It's a grand gun to use behind enemy lines, as the NS sounds and effects don't light you up as an enemy.

Supressor is great for picking off people from behind, particularly around sunderers, but as you said the velocity hit hurts like ..something that hurts a lot.

Flash supressor on the other hand is your friend and ally in every situation. It masks your exact position very well and has no downsides whatsoever on a semiauto weapon :)

Also if you like to use a disguise-ish setup, an NS weapon serves well.
  3. BillHaverchuck

Well, as an infiltrator you have to hit and run and constantly flank. Mid range for vandal preferably. Learn to control the recoil and try to spam faster if you can. Generally it is more spammable at closer ranges.

I run two load-outs.
    2x scope
    Suppresor
    laser sight

4x scope
    Compensator
    Forward Grip

I find nanoweave useless on infiltrator. I run with advanced shield capacitor in Close-mid ranges. I am also trying to learn how to use the EMPs, they have a big learning curve but I think that a player with good aim and efficient movement can use them more effectively than frag grenades. I also run it with medkits and I find Battle Hardened Implant useful.
  4. STR1D3R109

Id switch out the suppressor for a flash hider.. when you cloak you disappear from the radar (unless your next to a motion spotter).
    And seeing as you are at a mid range, you should have the killing advantage anyway ;P
  5. Wayfar

I don't think the forward grip actually helps because of the stats it changes, it doesn't effect this type of rifle.

I put a laser sight on it, helps when close range. ADS for range, hipfire for close.

Though I only use it to fight mid to long range, and use a compensator. It helps a ton.

Use the 4x cross. Easier to line of head shots.

I don't run it as a stealth set up though. I expect to be spotted, but I keep my distance. Flank when I can (a lot easier to lead targets from behind.

IF you run it like me, you get a good spot and start at the head. Pull down right away and fire at body. You might miss the first shot, but if not that extra dmg with a headshot will work wonders.

Take your time with this weapon. Since I run at a decent range, I take my time and know that usually 4 round will finish someone off. Let the gun settle and really focus those rounds in on them. Clicking as fast as you can will just be a waste of rounds, so finding that sweet spot where you can get off as many focused yet fast shots is key.
  6. HlllBllly

i find that adrenaline pump and hunter are great for vandal

i must say though, that i have a huge beef with scout riffles (except stalker/artemis) they don't hit hard enough and have way too much recoil.
  7. Moz

I would switch out the silencer for the flash sup and the fore grip for the laser. Makes it much more pwoerful in CQC but you dont loose that much at mid range.