Your TR shotgun of choice

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Ghost_Leader, May 19, 2013.

1. Ghost_Leader

So far I've been using the Uppercut,but since all the nerfs it's not near as effective as it used to be(which is probably a good thing for most people).I've also seen a big decrease in the number of players that use pump action on the other factions too.So,I'm looking for a new shotgun.So,I'm looking for your opinions on what shotgun do you use after all the buffs/nerfs and why?
  2. Wolfwood82

The automatic shotgun is the best imo. However I think shotguns limit themselves too much for what they give you. I stick to carbines and SMGs myself.
  3. Kronic

I have the Uppercut, Haymaker and the Nighthawk. NH I just bought recently and I can barely bring myself to use it. It blows imo, too much spread. 1st gen pump actions are definitely the best shotguns in my hands. I also heard user vaax (I think) say that putting a laser sight on a PA shotgun makes them more reliable while in maid air as their spread is reduced. I still haven't tried it yet though. Auraxiuming the Hailstorm is a painful and time consuming process.
  4. Syphers

haymaker, extra ammos > minor reload speed difference or uppercut really
  5. Manetheren

I am thinking Haymaker+laser sight = pretty OK accuracy 8 round shotgun that can OHK if you aim for the neck/head area for 350 certs... What do you guys think?
  6. KaosWarMonk

I have Haymaker and Nighthawk. I use the Haymaker more often.

I use the Nighthawk when there's lots of mayhem close quarters going on, a very busy bio-lab fight for example and then mainly use it point blank.

Generally speaking the Haymaker has slightly better utility IMO. Ammo lasts longer, can extend the clip and with slugs can be used to snipe more easily.

No experience with pump actions. Have stayed away from them as I think the slower rate of fire will be a hinderance in a fight where the other guy is shooting back.

Have fun.
  7. Word Of Madness

I use the Barrage. It's more accurate than the others. It lacks the magazine size of the Haymaker, but 10 rounds is still heaps, and it reloads a lot quicker.
  8. exLupo

+1 to barrage. Faster reload so you get caught with your pants down less often. No auto-fire spam to waste ammo. Tightest pellet spread so more damage on target and more accurate for a little farther out.
  9. insane2170

For a shotgun I have to say nighthawk with an extended mag and a laser if you can have both.

I would throw in my 2 cents with the NS11C as an alternate option.

The nice part about the blackjack/uppercut is that the crosshair does not lose accuracy while jumping.
  10. Rustygun

I've been using the blackjack + ext mag. Once you learn how to lure and juke enemies it becomes a killing machine. I need to use it more after talking about it lol
  11. HeadshotVictim

there are SO many threads asking the same thing over and over again...
    there is search function... use it.
    And DONT ask for faction specific Shotguns, since THEY ARE ALL THE SAME WITH DIFFERENT NAMES!!!
    For gods sake... there is a "Comprehensive Light Assault Guide" stick at the top of the forum, where this stuff is written into...
    just read it.
    Look for the shotgun part and read there.
    Or look up any other stupid shotgun thread for information
    As I stated in another shotguns-thread
  12. Tommyp2006

I LOVE the haymaker + Extended Mags
  13. Wolfwood82

I like how you help the NC with his easily searchable question, but this TR has a question and you pound him for the search button and yell at him to look at the LA guide. You aren't biased at ALL are you HSV?
  14. HeadshotVictim

if you searched the forum for just 2 minutes you would have noticed that I reposted the exact same post in

posts, asking which shotgun is the best.
    1 NC
    1 TR
    1 VS

shut your face wolfwood, you are getting lame.

Biased my ***...

I will continue to ignore you piece of _ _ _ _ from now on, as I posted in other threads.
    i just answered this one of you ******** attacks, bcause I have nothing else to do.

Did you notice, that you didn't say ANYTHING the OP wanted to know. You just attacked me... for a post made 3-4 weeks ago?
    come on wolfie... it is getting obvious, that something is not right in your brain.
    Go play in traffic, not in the forum
  15. Sentrosi

Someone pissed in someone's Wheaties this morning it seems.

OP, to me the Shotgun is highly situational.
    I use the Blackjack when I'm assaulting a position I can get behind the enemy with and blast 3 or 4. For example, if my squad is being suppressed I'll grab the Blackjack, flank the enemy position, and attack them from behind with it.

For CQB, I'll use the Nighthawk or the Blackjack.

For tower assaults I'll pull out the Blackjack if we have control over one floor of the tower. I'll then burst up to the airpads and fly around there with the Blackjack. But if we're initially assaulting the tower, I'll put my shotguns away in favor of the Lynx.
    • Up x 1
  16. LeopoldXIV

Well my 2 certs :):

Altough, if you are using shotgun, want the best close range ability, you might think pump actions are the best choice since, with decent aim, they are OHK.

HOWEVER, this OHK range is unreliably small. Having tested it in VR, it is less than two-lines-apart in shooting range, unless you are aiming PERFECTLY at the center of the body, so the circle is full. This thing won't happen in real fight.
    That being said, you might think OHK potential is still good, but if you don't OHK, you have to pump the shotgun. And here come:

semi auto shotguns. It is faster to fire another round from semi auto shottie then to shoot-pump-shoot. And this "reliable" two hit range is somewhat the same as pump action OHK.

However, for me, the real dealbreaker is the 3-hit kill range. It is far easier to kill someone with 3 hits from a semi auto shottie than with pump action. And keep in mind that pump actions have 4 shells per mag.

So, in conclusion (!my opinion!):
    Barrage+laser sight>=Haymaker with extended mags>uppercut>blackjack>>nighthawk.

I find nighthawks spread too big, at that range you are better off knifing than wasting pellets.
  17. HamOnRye

I use two shotguns TR side, the barrage and nighthawk. I originally started with the barrage which performs well in most situations and the tighter cone of fire is very nice. However lag is a major factor and can greatly effect shot placement.

In lagfests such as hotly contested tower fights and bio labs the nighthawk performs better under these conditions.

In summary if I had it to do all over again and couldonly but one shotgun, it would be the nighthawk.
    • Up x 1