Your % of FPS improvement?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by GImofoJoe, Nov 12, 2013.

1. GImofoJoe

Before OMFG1 patch I'm getting 14-19 fps in big battles, now I'm getting 24-30 fps. Around 50% improvement. The machine I'm testing on is 7-8 year old, Quad core q6600 intel 2.4ghz, Geforce 9800gt 1GB, 6GB RAM. Back then it was the Sh*t, now it is the Sh*t!

Settings: Render quality 80%, shadow and flora off, Graphics High, Texture Ultra, everything else are medium/low.

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  2. SpaceKing

I get about 22 now playing on medium, and it doesn't dip much in battles
  3. Sen7rygun

Around 40-50% by my tests this morning in a combined arms 100+ at howling pass. I'm yet to test in biolabs and other intensely close quarters fights with 100+ players though.

I average 30-45 depending on the fight usually. Today I didn't drop below 55 and went as high as 70 in a couple of ~24p skirmishes.
  4. Zotamedu

I get about 10 extra FPS in heavy fights but then I've increased quality by adding shadows and flora.
  5. SpaceKing

I actually get a drop in Amp Stations though, down to 15
  6. shenquo

Used to get 60 FPS in Warpgate , now it dropped to 40.. Large battles are unchanged , around 35...
  7. RedNord

Im getting 20-30 more fps now
  8. rovad

Not so much frames (about 30% more frames in big battles now, from 30 to 40 with same settings), but the game smoothness - much less random stutters, hitches and jerky screen, if any at all...
  9. ArmedGoose

Improvement is significant.
    Very big battles usually dropped me down into the low forties, now I get my stable 60 almost everywhere anytime. Including huge biolab fights.
    Really makes one wonder what they did so horribly wrong before...
  10. MrMurdok

To be honest, I can't tell. I switched all my settings to High as soon as the patch hit, and have been getting a steady 55 since. I think it's about 30 more FPS than if I tried it prior to the patch
  11. RHINO_Mk.II

I went from low graphics to medium and am now getting ~30FPS in a clusterfudge instead of ~15-20.
  12. RHINO_Mk.II

The people actually working on the game did nothing wrong. Game development is a multi-step process, the last of which is optimization and last minute bug fixes. Whoever was in charge of deciding when the "official release" was going to be thought it would be a bright idea not to wait for that step and launch anyways.
  13. Malkurn

Went from about 125 in the warpgate to about 155-160. Haven't bothered to actually play yet so I don't know about large battles.
    Using an I7 3820 at 4.3GHz 16gb ram and a 580gtx. I'm GPU bound now as well rather than CPU.
  14. Duvenel

It might be an idea for you all to also post if you have FPS smoothing on. It's on by default, but with it on you will probably see a lower FPS but a more consistent one.
  15. namd3

50% +
    i7 3820@4.7ghz , 2x 770GTX Sli @1920x1200, 16Gig Ram, 64bit Windows 8.1, Corsair 240Gig SSD- with high provision

Went from low settings, shadows off, flora off etc, texture quality high averaging 40-80FPS in a busy fight, now in a similar fight I can run ultra settings, shadows high, flora high, everything maxed out averaging around 70-100+FPS

Turned off smooothing not convinced by it made my FPS hoover around 56fps, also adjusted max FPS in ini file to 124fps

blown away by the performance increase. keep it comming

Thanks SOE I'm a very happy customer :)
  16. Nocturnal7x

30-75%

i7 2600k 4.8ghz
    EVGA GTX 780
    8gigs DDR3
    2560x1440 monitor.

I play on high with shadows and flora off, no AO, no physx (although if it doesn't crash anymore ill try it because I have a gtx 570 for physx). Render dist at 2k.

Patch is goodish. FrameRate smoothing being ticked by default was incredibly stupid SOE, incredibly stupid. Ive heard so many people ask "im getting terrible performance, what gives?" and we tell them "turn off FR smoothing" and that always fixes the issue...FAIL.

Also the new HUD sucks, at least the health and shield bars, look like something a 12 year old made in PS.
  17. isilyan

20-30% on my 2 years old ****horse of a rig:rolleyes:
    My Acc% might go over 15% overall:p
  18. GImofoJoe

Frame rate smoothing cap to 60fps is a good idea actually, The human eye can't see anything faster than 30fps, which mean you won't notice a big difference between 30fps and 200 fps. Although 60 fps is a bit smoother than 30. Making your machine generating anything more than 60 fps is a waste of computing resources.

I wish I can get 5 fps more in big battle.
    • Up x 1
  19. vulcan78

Yeah as someone else noted, I don't see an improvement at Amp Stations, still seeing 35 FPS. At Warpgate I went from 45 to 55 and during Zergs I went from 30-35 to 40-45 BUT it must be noted that GPU Particles or PhysX is non-functional now and I could have easily increased my frames to this amount by turning off PhysX myself before OMFG 1. So basically, a marginal increase but now no PhysX.

Not impressed.

All settings maxed @ 1920x1080.

System and benchmarks in signature, SLI and Core i7 "unparked" at 4.4 Ghz.

Other changes I am not fond of:

Health-Shield bar

Magrider Aesthetics

Other than that I like the new UI, the ability and ammo meters are and improvement in my opinion, much more easier to gauge each respectively now.
  20. Saval

GImofoJoe,

You are wrong. The human eye can indeed see past 30 fps. You need to do proper research before stating something like that to be a fact.
    • Up x 3