Your new implants ideas

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PKSpark, Nov 18, 2015.

1. PKSpark

A little game: give your implants ideas, in one line, without commenting the other users ideas (this being a brainstorm tread)

Mines are:
    -Track detection: see the ennemy's last 25 footsteps
    -Light feet: mines explosion don't instantly kill but deal damage plus concussion
    -Skunk: passively deal an area of effect damage. Best used on the stalker infiltrator
    -Soft ligaments: negate ADS moving penalty, max level remove all penalties
    -6th sense: See anyone through walls as some sort of "smoke", works only at very close distance
    -Chameleon: Semi cloak, turning infantry translucent, infiltrator can be totally invisible at max level
    -Battle scarred: trade shield points for health points. Minimum level being -25% shield for +25% hp,
    -Brute: melee deals more damage and with a larger range, but is slower.

-Thigh throat: change your voice pitch. For cosmetic use
    -Frenzied pores: your skin emit particles, for a cool looking aura (fire, freeze). For cosmetic use
  2. Demigan

I really disagree with most of your implants...

Anyway, for a brainstorm:
    • Proximity radar: shows blips of hostile infantry within 10m distance if they move
    • Spotted tracker: Tracks the last person you spotted with a wireframe as long as the spot lasts. The wireframe is only visible within 30m distance of the player.
    • Silent spotting: You won't be screaming obnoxiously loud that you've spotted someone. Handy for anyone behind enemy lines.
    • Electronic countermeasures: reduces the time you are spotted
    • Stabilizer: reduces your maximum COF for better accuracy during jumps, falls or extended fire.
    • Rest easy: Increases your maximum shield with x hitpoints (100 to 300?) if you remain motionless for a short while. You lose it the moment you move from your position (maybe keep it while crouchwalking?). Handy for engineers behind turrets, infiltrators trying to avoid people or players taking their time aiming/sniping.
    • Jumper: increases your maximum jump height up to twice as high
    • Scared of death: reduces respawntime
    • Flash of Empathy: Should someone hit you with a melee attack you send out a small flashbang effect. Does half the effect of a full flashbang so you can still see a little.
    • Up x 2
  3. FateJH

I'm breaking one of your own rules, OP. Brainstorming is good for solving problems, but we're not really solving problems. And I'd like more information.

I can appreciate if 25 is an estimate for some predictive overhead - major overhead is the fight is large, if you think about it, on top of everywhere looking like a dancing floor - but it's a bit of a low-ball. 25 steps for a single target is probably still going to be in plain sight one way or another.
    Not with how the game is now. Nothing that allows subtle cheaters handwaving to their behavior.
    If they wanted the Infiltrator to be completely invisible, they would have allowed him to be completely invisible. It won't even be useful to other classes because they'd still be distinctive enough to be seen. Do you have a suggestion on an acceptable level of functionality for other classes?
    Our predecessor Melee Boost only increased damage output, but that was because it could take numerous knife swipes to kill someone. You can buy a knife whose alternate fire mode can OHKO in the depot and, for everything else, it's already two swipes. I am not certain to what market you are trying to solicit.

I am not going to suggest my own ideas as I don't use Implants and have no interest in them. If they were to swap back Darklight into the Implant slot, away from the Barrel Attachment, that would be fine by my book, though.
  4. OldMaster80

What about changing existing implants so that they consume MUCH more, but they can be toggled on/off with a button?

Like you know... I'm playing a Stalker Infiltrator, I enter the AoE of recon dart, click X to enable Sensor Shield and it starts consuming at a very quick rate, but as the dart fades out I can toggle it off.

That would definitely make Implants less tedious. If they balanced this well players could still be interested in buying Chargers without feeling forced to see energy to decrease even at the Warpgate.
    • Up x 2
  5. Devilllike

1st one is useless in planetsides 2 mayhem the last thing you will do is track foot steps
    2nd there is an equal one to detect the bombs why would somebody use ur "light feet"
    3rd this is not an mmorpg its an fps game ffs
    4th negate as moving penalty? what? there is a reason that stuff exist
    5th see somebody through walls? really dude? i think there are enough hackers already u dont need to give them help
    6th infiltrator is already 100% invisible when he is crouching an the last thing you want is to make invisible players there is a reson they remvoed shotguns from infiltrators
    7th trade shield points? dude this is not mmorpg ffs and also why would u trade ur health for shield? do you know what EMP is?
    8th we already have a melee that can 1 shot you

In other words ur ideas are bad and you should look more into the game before you post them
  6. TheFlamingLemon

Why would you want that? You would want 25% less health and 25% more shield, because shield regenerates.
  7. Pelojian

you can regen health too you just need medkits, implant or medic, more shields and less health can be a disadvantage if you always react to your shield running out by stopping and take cover your shield rather then stopping and taking cover when your shield is at 50% or lower,

play mass effet 3 multiplayer as a geth trooper/infiltrator with or without hunter mode on and you'll see what i mean, high shields don't mean squat if you health is small by comparision, because those times when you shield is down you are more vulnerable then someone with the balanced health/shield configuration.
  8. Pelojian

silent spotting would add to gameplay immensely,

rest easys not so much it would benefit stalkers way too much, infiltrators trade some total hitpoints for the cloak and ambush gameplay, for everyone else rest easy would only be useful when you've stopped to regen shields. You should be vulnerable when your shields are down, if an enemy finds you they should have the advantage over your less them 100% shields.
  9. TheFlamingLemon

Yeah but your health regenerates much less than shield. You'll be at a disadvantage with your shield down but more often you will have an advantage
  10. Demigan

I think that any stalker making a benefit from this would still be at a disadvantage, especially because he wants to make use of this.

A stalker always sits and waits, hoping not to get discovered. The moment they are discovered an enemy is right on top of them, and the TTK of a non-moving target means they will be dead before they receive the first damage on their screen, even with 100 to 300 extra shield.
    Now for other classes this could be a big benefit. They are instantly seen and fired upon. It would be an ideal implant to carry for players who sit still in defense and might get flanked. The 100 to 300 extra shield helps them tank the first shot or two for free and be moving and dodging quickly afterwards, and while they will still be at a disadvantage they will have lost less shield+health total compared to without this implant.

Hunter and stalker infiltrators would benefit ofcourse, but with the current playstyle of most stalkers they wouldn't make good enough use of it. The implant would work best as an aid to deflect some damage when you get flanked, not for a "I'm going to sit still here during the entire firefight" scenario.