[BUG] Your neck is not your stick.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by QFAN, May 29, 2014.

1. QFAN

I reported this bug in beta almost 2 years ago... GOOD news, the Roll axis is separated from the pilot's neck.

Which means,

1. You press-and-hold the cockpit free look button.
    2. You turn your pilots view to the left (by moving the mouse)
    3. You roll the aircraft right (by joystick, or a dedicated keyboard button)
    4. GOOD: pilot's view does NOT change with the roll to the right.

But the Pitch is still tied to the pilot's neck:

1. You press-and-hold the cockpit free look button.
    2. You turn your pilots view to up (by moving the mouse)
    3. You push the aircraft nose down (by joystick, or a dedicated keyboard button)
    4. BAD: while the aircraft nose is moving down, the pilots view also moves down.

This neck-is-stick bug had not been a big deal because everybody was simply forced to avoid complicated manoeuvers while looking aside, until now: the libs now have a nose gun that utilizes the cockpit freelook feature, and the freelook is broken.
    • Up x 5
  2. Ubad00d

Nice work, I thought I was the only one noticing this. It's really annoying but I can't find how to reproduce it. It's the one where you come out of free-look back into the cockpit and you get a split second of a 'rolling screen', that's the best I can describe it :p

Would be nice to fix as a QOL issue.
  3. QFAN

I don't think we are talking about the same issue.

Here is a video:
    (Jump to 1m19s to skip the bug report part)
    • Up x 2
  4. Ubad00d

Nope, we're not :(

I don't think anyone has noticed what I'm talking about.
  5. Mechlord

My demonstration of this bug:

• Up x 1
  6. QFAN

please untie the pilot's neck from the stick.
  7. QFAN

Here's the video from 2012 in beta:

are they going to fix this in 2016 or never?
    • Up x 1
  8. Bumbil

Hi, i must say i never realize that, so thank you for the thread and i hope this will be fixed.

I found out another bug (or feature?) last time, i'm sure it's a knowing one.

If you use the freelook view with hornet missiles, the hornets fired in the directon you look. So you can land your ESF, freelook in the air, the missiles fly there and you can try to control them behind a wall or so. If thats a feature cool but then its affected by the bug you showed.
  9. QFAN