[Suggestion] Your Names Are KILLING Me!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Diamond Sword, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Diamond Sword

I think there is way too much crap on screen in this game. Objective markers, player names, IIF markers, terminals, etc. It gets overwhelming in huge battles. A lot of the time, I can not see an enemy because they are covered by names of people/objective markers that are at the farthest reaches of my render distance, on the other side of several buildings/hills/objects.

You can disable these icons... Unfortunately, it disables everything completely. I would rather disabled everything but the small triangles to show friend or foe, and I would also like if these icons did not appear through walls. Spotted enemies don't appear through walls, why should my team? We have a minimap for that.
    • Up x 1
  2. SenEvason

Maybe it would show names but it would be semi-transparent, and if you look directly at an objective or waypoint marker, it would turn it completely invisible.
  3. Believer

Again, user choice solves this, give us a menu in the settings where we get to decide what is displayed, and give the equivalent of loadouts for said configurations, but changeable at will. For me I would bind those loadouts to mouse-down, since for my style its redundant to have 2 binds on the wheel for weapon choice.
  4. TheBloodEagle

I'd prefer a little triangle as well.