Your loadouts names ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bonom Denej, Aug 23, 2014.

1. Bonom Denej

I'm always trying to find a way to name my loadouts but I end up going for the boring way because I lack imagination.
    Right now, I settled on [Weapon Name] / [Ideal range]* / [Suit slot] / [Accessories]**.
    * Depending on the attachments.
    ** C4 or Conc grenades for instance.
    But as time goes, I find that boring and I wanted to try new names.

So, I'm hoping those thread could give me ideas but I was mostly curious... How did you name your different loadouts ?

EDIT : Side question then (also posted bellow), how many loadouts do you have ? Do you use pretty much only one per class and manually switch one thing or two manually from time to time ? Or do you use each loadout slot available ?
  2. FieldMarshall

I cant really help you too much. My main Engineer loadout is just called "Cougar" and my HA loadout is called "MCG"...
  3. Renuse

My shottu heavy is called Cheese.
    • Up x 1
  4. Bonom Denej

Side question then, how many loadouts do you have ? Do you use pretty much only one per class and manually switch one thing or two manually from time to time ? Or do you use each loadout slot available ?
  5. MetalCotton

I name my MAX loadouts based on camouflage and weapon loadout. The rest of my classes follow a simple rule of playstyle based on what equipment I'm using.

For example:
    MAX Suit: Forest Reaper
    Amerish Forest Camo
    Dual Scatterguns or some other sort of AI loadout.

Infiltrator: Recon
    Stalker Cloak
    Silenced pistol of some type
    Motion Detector

Nothing special but it usually works.
  6. Scophis

I only use loadouts on my MAX.
    My favorite is the dual-falcon, it's called "Falcooooon Punsh!" :D
    • Up x 2
  7. AkharGriffon

Well, the only ones I've named are my Mosquito loadouts, since it's really the only thing I have enough stuff on to bother with loadouts. (Too poor to buy alternate guns, except for the MCG. So worth it.) I have my A2A Loadout, my Ground Support Loadout, and of course, for when I'm in a farmey mood, I have my endearingly named Lolpods.exe loadout.
  8. KO-tic

Well I name my loadouts after Xmen
    Eg
    Nighcrawler:
    Rever
    Vortek
    Stealth
    Racer
    • Up x 1
  9. Admiralty

Lightning w/ Skyguard = Guardian of the Skies
    Banshee + Coyotes = Cheese
    Banshee + Lolpods = Double cheese
  10. KenDelta

1-Railgyunz(for railjack)
    2-CloseRailz(railjack/silencer)
    3-Snipah(Impetus)
    4-SMG(blitz)
    5-DropPOD(for beacon dropping on engy)
    6-GibeKill(UBGL)
    7-Clawingu(HA+Claw PA)
  11. Colt556

I don't even use loadouts since 99% of the time I just use the same stuff. In the odd occasion I need to change from say... scatmax to burstermax I'll just do it manually.
  12. Bonom Denej

Hmm, that's a nice idea. Maybe I'll try DC superheroes for infantry, and Marvel superheroes for vehicles... But to make some sense of it will be hard actually.
  13. Iridar51

I used to name loadouts with camo, and just use a cookie cutter build + primary weapon I'm currently auraxiuming on all of them.
    So I had "Indar", "Esamir" and "Night" loadouts. But recently I've just become too lazy to even bother with that, and just use one loadout called "Directives", and switch camos with buttons on the bottom.
    I also have one named loadout called "Demolitions", with grenade bandoleer and other explosive spam for those 48+ battles during outfit ops.
    Another named loadout I had was "Shadowflight", with dark camo and suppressed long range carbine, but I don't use it anymore.
  14. Prudentia

normaly i Name them after the Primary.
    exceptions are:
    Infiltrator:
    Y SO SIRIUS: CQC Infil with Sirius....
    CRAP: Phaseshift+Spiker

Engineer:
    Infantry: NS7PDW+AP Mines+AI Turret
    Vehicle: NS11C+AT Mines+ AT Turret+ Enhanced Targeting

Heavy:
    InfantrySlaughter: Orion+Conc nades+S1+Nade Bandolier +medpacks
    SPLASH: Lasher+Hades+vehicle nades+bandolier+medpacks
    Demoman: Ext mags Flare + Decimator + vehicle nades + bandolier + C4
    DISCO: Lasher+Spiker+Lancer+Conc nades + munitionspouch

I should probably find some nice names for my Light Assault Loadouts now that i only have the auraxium weapon left to Auraxium i can pretty much Chose freely.
  15. NC_agent00kevin

I used to name then based on my Camo for the continent but now I have stuff like 'Swamp Witch' and 'High N Mighty' and 'Indoor Inquisition'

Vehicles I keep simple, AP, AI, Skyguard, and Viper!. (including exclamation point)

I stuck a Walker on top of my Vanguard and called it 'Solo Vanguard' - except I never drive the damn thing.

Last but not least, I named a Sunderer 'Chuck Norris' Its got a Walker, a Ranger, and bull horn hood ornament.
    • Up x 2
  16. Bonom Denej

That made me giggle.
    • Up x 1
  17. Noktaj

I have loadouts based on the "role" i need to perform or the situation I'm gonna find. I usually change my weapons or slots on the fly before spawning because 4 loadout slot are not enough to cover every niche of fight you are going to find imo.

On my heavy for example I've:

- Suppression (usually Lasher/flarev6 with extended mag, max ammo belt and a lancer)
    - Anti - veichle (usually lancer with max rochet pouch or dumbfire rocket launcher + max nade belt with antivehicles if i need to hunt for a sundy. Weapon changes depending on engagement but usually NS15M for max mobility)
    - Eradication (usually an hip-fire capable weapon like Orion, Betelgeuse, or Polaris + concussion nades + anti-concussion implant for those "rush on point gunning" moments.
    - Engage (variable loadout for those moments where you are just farming and not performing any role specifically. Variable weapons and slots, usually NS15 or Betelgeuse, regen implant, shield regen, adrenaline shield, concussion/av nades)

On my medic i've:

- Shielding (variable weapon HV45-Corvus or NS11 depending on the fight, usually NS11 for max adaptability - shield bubble, nano armor, regen implant, medkits)
    - Self-heal (same for the weapons. Nano regen instead of shield bubble, shield regen suit, enhanched spotter implant, C4)
    The other 2 loadouts on my medic are un-used by I keep one with a ready SMG and one with a Shotty.
  18. Cinnamon

Slot 1 name doesn't matter to me as it's just the normal loadout I would use and I would tweak it if I wanted a different weapon or suit.

Other slots I name for the tactical information on when to use them. Light assault slot 2 I might call "drift pilot" because it has drifter jets, c4 and enhanced targeting. Then slot 3 might be called "marksman grenades" because it is set up for grenade spam and target shooting from above.
  19. jiggu

I pick the first words in my mind when I think of what the loadout does.
    Such as
    REMOVES REAVERS
    KILL ALL SPANDEX

and RIP OFF for that smg I bought that went on a sale the next day
    • Up x 1
  20. eldarfalcongravtank

i tend to go with mcdonalds menu names for my classes