Your least favorite way of dying (top 5)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ulrikke, May 15, 2013.

1. control-z

It's good at killing me, guess I'm just unlucky like that.
    • Up x 1
  2. johnway

1. Claymores/at mines - The cheap, no thrills, middle finger in the face of attackers. Forces me to never take the first step into a battle and seriously investing in flak armour.

2. Snipers with smgs. Cloak and empty in your face. To be fair, not all are successful and are gunned down because i spot them, i turn around just in time or they mess up and i win somehow. Killed a few high ranking infiltrators when the odds were stacked against me. i'm proud to say

3. intentional FF. Especially when i've done nothing wrong. Many a time its when i'm medic, i revive someone and either his friend shoots me or the person reviving me shoots me. Talk about ungrateful.

4. Killed by speeding tanks or flashes. Some i understand as they speed down hills but some idiot does it in such a way that it makes my blood boil. Its not a case of "i braked too late" it was "i don't care i have a tank you're in MY way" Especially from the desperate ones who mount the side to get ahead.

5.Hackers. Go to hell. I would gladly ruin a hackers fun trying to ruin everyone elses.
  3. llPendragon

1. Lag/netcode/high-ping whatever
    2. PA shotguns/Noob tubers
    3. Strikers freakin everywhere
    4. Lolpods in the back of my tank.
    5. Invisible AV turrets/Vortex/Lancers
  4. Rohxer

That's my favorite way of dying! Lol! I always laugh when that happens.

Least favorite ways:

1) Environmental deaths (-usually- my fault):
    - Flash hits a tiny rock and flips.
    - ESF clips a tower or rock outcrop and instantly explodes.
    - Death by falling damage.

2) Death by network (lag).
    - Run around corner and still keep getting hit two seconds later.

3) Shotguns.
  5. GSZenith

killed by AoE exp not direct hitting me, oh-look-i-can't-aim-but-rewarded-nonetheless-in-a-fps-game.
  6. Visk

1. Shotguns
    2. Claymores/Proxies/Betties
    3. NC MAX units
    4. Rocket pods
    5. UBGL
  7. Leopard

1. Flash flipping over belly up
    2. Shotguns/NC Maxes
    3. ADAD spamming smg infiltrators (first they get you off guard and then you can't even hit them :D)
    4. Getting my flash run over by a friendly- I drive with some team mates and they decide instead of going around me they ride my *** until I explode.
  8. Cougarbrit

1. Shotguns
    2. Shotguns
    3. Shotguns
    4. Cloaked SMGs
    5. Scythe lolpods

Basically CQC weaponry that will not give you a decent fight and those dual lolpod infantry farmers using pods that can burst aircraft.
  9. Ivalician

1. Auto / semi- shotguns. Pump actions I feel are balanced enough that I accept. Past 6 m, I win unless they get a lucky shot. But auto / semi- shotguns? BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM. That is the sound of a ******** death. The worst part is half the time, your killer is making a beeline straight for you. You had a 50 / 50 chance of surviving if only he hadn't been using a shotgun.

2. Getting killed by debris randomly flying in my direction. One time I hit a Harasser just as it went over the crest of a hill in my Vanguard. Lovely explosion. As I was congratulating myself on the awesome shot, the flaming chassis flew into my tank. I heard a terrible grinding noise for about a tenth of a second, then I blew up. Full health too. Lovely.

3. Invisible AV rockets. UBGLs are just as bad. OH UNSEEN LORDS ABOVE, PLEASE WITHHOLD THEY SMITING OF BUT A FEEBLE HUMAN. This no skill ******** needs to be not OHKO's on infantry.

4. Kamikaze C4 / prox mine runners. It's so stupid that they can run into a crowd of your guys, drop a mine and instantly profit. Please put an arming time on prox mines ( and a shorter one on C4 ).

5. TK'd when you were standing still. If I strafe into you, well, kinda my fault too. You could've not killed me by withholding on the second or third burst, but my situational awareness stank. But if I was standing still and you strafed into me, blazing away? You suck dick.
  10. SgtBreastroker

Your fault entirely. People still say 'lolpods'?
  11. Wintermaulz

1.hitting eject while flying, instead of reload
    2.TK by friendly vehicle
    3.BB/PM
    4.scat max
    5.Engi AV turret
  12. ReconTeemo

!. run over
    2. fall damage from galaxy
    3. when flying with my mossy and I accidently press exit vehicle. :mad:
    4. get stabbed
    5. step on bouncing/proximity mines.
  13. Xind

1. Being TKed from full health through any means. (Road Kills, C4, can't aim)
    2. UBGLs.
    3. Snipers.
    4. AI/AP Mines.
    5. NC AI MAXs.
    6. Aircraft.
  14. Cougarbrit

Scythes still have lolpods far as I'm concerned, dual fire and accurate means I still see practically every scythe running them that isn't running A2AM, it allows them to burst ESFs if they get close and they still do enough splash damage when doubled up to kill in a couple of hits, giving bugger all time to run to cover.
  15. SmartBase

1. Striker rockets hitting my ESF even after using flares and having flown behind terrain. I make sure to deny them XP.
    2. After killing a high-pinger their corpse kills me. Yay.
    3. Rubbish rendering (not just ammo towers, I once pressed insert to spawn close to squad leader, game promptly loaded me into Crossroads tower spawn area but the game geometry didn't load quick enough so I died from fall damage landing onto the vehicle bay.)

That's about it.
  16. FoeAngel

Scythe lawn mowing an airpad ( My favorite and my most hated if you get me)
  17. Kunavi

1. FPS not letting me play as good as I can(Yes I said it), during larger battles.
    2. Vehicle wreck explosions.
    3. Any sort of SpawnKill like just spawning on a Sundie, C4 going off, *Rage*!
    4. Shotties. Hate them. Includes Friendly Fire from them. F* that.
    5. 1" hesitation due to many shared Camos among the Factions(Seriously WTF do we even have shared Camos?!).

Am I allowed a 6th? Well, it would have been being persistent when I should not be, spawning in places about to be captured... Because.. I don't know!...YDOLO so you have to at least try?? :p
  18. Ice

1. Tomcat A2A Missiles
    2. Claymore/Proxy Mine/Betty
    3. Debris
    4. Pump-action Shotgun
    5. Striker
  19. Fox Reinhold

1. I put 2 C4 on an enemy vehicle and before I can blow it, someone rockets the vehicle, exploding my C4, getting the kill, and killing me.
    2. Sunken mines
    3. Pump action shotguns
    4. A friendly throwing a grenade into a room that I just cleared out and have already recaptured the point in.
    5. Walking off the flight pad at Andvari BioLab, thinking I'm going to get on an elevator because there's elevator signs there, then quickly remembering there's no elevators there, despite the presence of signs indicating there are.
  20. The King

1, Autoshotties (as someone mentioned, they're the crappiest to 1v1 against, especially since they take 0 skill. Pumps are just fine)
    2. Putting mines or C4 on a vehicle and as soon as you're running away or trying to blow it up, someone else shot it with some sort of explosion losing you the kill and them gaining the kill along with your death making you lose those resources.
    3. My vehicle flipping over on the tiny bumps.
    4. Vehicle flipping over on the bumps bigger than tiny.
    5. Dudes lagging it up, frame skipping all over the place. They will be here, but then will be there but not really there as they're now over there and they can kill you just fine.