[BUG] You Lied About Double XP For Members

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Meshblorg, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Meshblorg

This weekend of March 20 - 22 was supposed to be double XP as advertised on the PlanetSide 2 game launcher.

However, I'm only showing 137%, which is normal for me on any day of the month. This is not what was promised this weekend. I don't get to play during the week very often so I reserved time last night and today to play because of the double XP bonus.

I have a 6 month membership (+50% XP) and a 6 month boost (+50% XP). I talked to other people in my platoon that had membership + 6 month boosts and they weren't getting double XP this weekend either. They confirmed that they two weren't getting the double XP.

I feel that I should be compensated for this mistake with the certs I would have received had it been double XP for members.

[IMG]
  2. Scr1nRusher

How would they be able to do that?

Also why are you posting this in general discussion & not tech support?
  3. Tommyp2006

Double xp doesn't show up in the +xp%, it never has.
    • Up x 10
  4. Meshblorg

Yes it has. It used to show over 200% for double XP weekend in the past.
  5. Leftconsin

Never did that for me. Go kill someone and see how much XP you get.
    • Up x 4
  6. Calisai

Double XP weekends always double the base XP gained for actions... then the boost is applied. They have never shown up in the % at the bottom. Hyper boosts and heroic boosts, alert boosts all do, but not double xp.

You can verify it by looking at how much you are getting for repair ticks, and single infantry kills. Instead of 100 xp * boost percentage, you'll get 200 XP * boost percentage.

In case you'rewondering, DA's site for your Char show's a pretty sizable difference in SPM between the last days and previous in the month.

[IMG]
    • Up x 5
  7. Ballto21

the formula is this. Base EXP+Boost. On double exp its Base EXP*2+boost. For me, with all my squad boosts, i have 201% EXP at the moment. If i killed someone with a bodyshot id get 100*2=200 from double ESP weekend, +200+200=600 EXP.
    • Up x 3
  8. Meshblorg

9. Prudentia

yes
    thats why you can get up to 8times XP on a double XP weekends by stacking different boosts and not just 4 times
    • Up x 5
  10. Calisai

Um... okay.
  11. Rogueghost

It's never "shown" what your double exp was, ever.

And I can assure you its double exp weekend, I made over 1,000 certs in an hour.
    • Up x 2
  12. BlueSkies

Its never shown the double XP because... reasons.

It is working though.
    • Up x 2
  13. Ballto21

[IMG]

No, hes right, definitely not double EXP. My score and certs earned are so low.

(it actually is low for double exp but ive been sniping all day)
  14. f0d

i dont know if double xp is working or not as i am not a member anymore
    BUT
    it has never shown up in the area that shows xp percentage - not once ever
    those that say it doesnt show up in the +xp% are right
    • Up x 2
  15. Calisai

Are you a member?

[IMG]

Just logged onto my alt, got one single kill and logged off:

One single infantry kill:

100 XP * 2 (doubleXP) = 200 + 78% = 356... the 1 XP is probably a rounding issue.

That said.... there is a possibility that an account might not be registering as a member. That would be an individual account issue, however, and isn't a case of them "lying". It's also separate from the fact that double XP weekends have never shown up in the boost percentages listed in the game... the Base XP is doubled... the boost XP percentage has never shown it.
    • Up x 1
  16. Ballto21

it was a joke, look at the screenshot, and the 3000 certs
  17. Calisai

Lol... sorry... didn't look too closely.... Just saw the 58k/hr and assumed you were serious. The age-old problem of tone of voice being missing from text. :)
  18. Ballto21

yeah......

the life of a sniper is a low SPH, but amazing at KDRpadding
  19. BlueSkies

13 hours?!?
    • Up x 1
  20. Ballto21

well i went afk every 10-15 minutes for 10 minutes. busy irl life, just dropped a motion spotter and stalked in some corner for a bit

im still playing on my TR also