You know when...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Juunro, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Juunro

You know when an enemy zerg is approaching, even if you cannot see it. They could all be in Galaxies flying nape of the earth through the canyons on Indar getting ready for a huge surprise attack, and you will still know they are coming. They could be coming down a road that is directly opposite the section of the base you are currently defending, and you will know they are coming.

Why?

Stuff starts to de-render. You'll be lining up a sniper rifle round on someone and with a little poof suddenly they are gone off your screen. No spot bonus, no shots, just gone. Enemies will start suddenly dissapearing all over your extant battle, friendlies will too. You'll run outside to repair a MAX that's calling for aid and suddenly fall over dead from a friendly rocket because the guy with the launcher didn't render.

This has absolutely nothing to do with hardware- the rig I am on is running this game on max settings at a smooth 55-60 FPS regardless of battle size with no limiter messages popping up ever when the show FPS thing is turned on.

The progressive rendering culling in this game is growing intolerable and it needs to go. It renders base defense against giant enemy forces ridiculously more difficult; you cannot suppress a lane of approach if your hit detection is entirely client-side and nothing in that lane is rendering until it is within five feet of you. You could have a Viper Lightning wedged somewhere clever and be throwing dozens of rounds into a zerg of 30+ people hiding in the same corner, and if you are even one foot too far away for the rendering culling? Nothing. It is getting damned irritating.
  2. Prudentia

i always saw 3platoons walking trough each other as a viable tactic against my lasher... not... :eek:
    best thing about the culling is the threat based rendering. when you shot at an enemy armorzerg and they suddenly disappear and become invulnerable while they jump out to repair.