"You have been disconnected from the server."

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by RayDrazon, Dec 3, 2012.

1. RayDrazon

New information: I can still hear people in my Squad talking in the ingame voice chat when I get the disconnect.
  2. RayDrazon

Bump. Still having this issue sometimes. I've been able to automatically reconnect to the server sometimes but I still get these long disconnects that completely disconnects me from the server.

Also, my pings now to the server are: Minimum 17, Maximum 33, and Average 26ms.

Is there a latency fix I can do?
  3. RayDrazon

4. RayDrazon

5. RayDrazon

Bump. I did that again, this time with a "-t" after it to continually ping the server whilst playing the game. When I got disconnected, I didn't see any errors occur in this. There were occasional 150 ms spikes but that was about it. It usually stays a stable 30-50 ms.
  6. BladeNiner

I had the exact same problem you experiences. I did everything the support tech tell from planetside 2. I end up calling my ISP tech support. What I did to fix my problem was is the reset microsoft internet browers to default setting. Clear out your caches files in the brower history. Under "connection" tabs, there is a lan setting. You need to unchecked the auto dection box. Be sure you reset the advance reset in the advance tab as well. Once done, reboot your PC. I am alble to play pass 15 mins. As of now, for two days straight. No problem in playing, no lags, and no disconnetion. hope it help
  7. RayDrazon

Thanks. I'll give it a try.
  8. RayDrazon

Since I use Google Chrome, I don't know how to do the majority of what you said. All I did was "Empty Cache" and reboot my pc. Could you perhaps send screenshots or link to a video? (I also use Windows 8 if that matters)
  9. Yukanojo

I just tried this on one of my computers - I'll get back here and let everyone know of the result.

Applications often times feed off of the "Internet Explorer" options. I know Chrome does for SSL and certificate settings. It should be noted that the options for "internet explorer" are windows "Internet Options", well sort of a hybrid.

I, too, have this same exact problem. However I have two computers that I typically have logged in at once. One has the issue, the other doesn't. Both are connected to the internet via a DSL connection. The connection between each computer to the router is 100% wired. My issue is not a connectivity issue as I experience zero packet loss when this happens. Zero packet loss to the switch between the computers and the router, to the router, to my DSL modem, to the immediate gateway my ISP provides or to the PS2 IP or to the north american DNS server cluster (4.2.2.1) from either computer. My connection's bandwidth is not saturated.

My disconnects typically occur shortly after I connect, within 3-5 minutes. If I make it past that, I am good.

It should be noted that the computer that gets the disconnects also has problems loading the character select screen - it will often get stuck at 15% and sometimes it gets stuck at the character select screen after clicking play and stays at "Logging in" indefinitely. The other computer does not have this issue.

Both computers have fresh installs of the standard PS2 installation within a week.
  10. Yukanojo

Update, the Internet options fix had no effect. My one computer is still having problems.

I've disabled UPnP on my router to see if that fixes it. I currently have zero port forwarding mappings on my router and I have a security box set up as my DMZ - which I have always have, this is the first time something like this has affected me.
  11. RayDrazon

Bump. Still having this issue.
  12. RayDrazon

13. RayDrazon

14. TSR-Jesse S Customer Service

For those experiencing this issue persistently, this problem can be caused by a variety of different factors so it is hard to definitively say what could be triggering it. To provide you with a more concise answer my best suggestion would be to open a support ticket with us so we can check your system specs and provide you with some solid suggestions to get you back into the game. You can open a ticket with us at the following link:

http://help.station.sony.com/app/ask