You can't throw a dead cat...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by theVelvetAlley, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Pointyguide2

I don't encounter HA more than the other classes either. they are in normal numbers.
    • Up x 1
  2. MarkAntony

wrong. just everything you cherrypicked to support your argument. I have yet to see HAs revive people, rerpair turrets, resupply ammo and hack stuff.
    • Up x 2
  3. MarkAntony

your outfit needs to seriously rethink how it uses maxes. Liberty is right.
    • Up x 2
  4. Ballto21

We are ALL ignoring one, massive, important part of this whole topic. All of us (except for me as im the sod who recognized its important to bring it up) are idiots for not asking this one, crucial question.

Why the **** would we throw a dead cat
    • Up x 1
  5. MarkAntony

That is why this forum needs you. You ask the tough questions.
  6. BrbImAFK

Soo... basically, your argument boils down to "HA's can't support. I'm right. You're wrong." Seriously? Seriously?! You know MAX's can't support either, right?

Oh wait. My bad. You're NC. On Miller. That explains EVERYthing. Let me see if I can communicate in the manner of your people.

u rong i rite nyah nyah nyah!

How'd I do? :D
    • Up x 2
  7. EggrollActual

Class designed with combat at it's center, not an afterthought or any support abilities shines in combat.

More at 11.
  8. task_master

beacons, not dying as the class with many hp. as if revives are meaningful against good players

phalanx turrets are terribad unless you're farming bad lightnings, in which case you use a rep sundy

betelgeuse, beacons, not running out in the first place because you have a gauss saw

rip heavy can't hack out the 1 terminal per base that is often behind a shield or painfield, confirmed UP

i'm not whining about heavy being op, i have no issues killing them
    the only glaring problems with infantry imo are that engies are pretty worthless and medkits are hilariously op
    • Up x 1
  9. Liberty

Resource costs vs resource income vs KPM comparisons are not opinions. Weapon DPS / TTK charts are not opinions. KDR of players vs. EHP comparisons are not opinions. KPH stats of the average player showing that most have the downtime between kills to make full use of Nano Auto repair are not opinions.

Having 100 people agree with you does not make something right or wrong. 4,000 people join up with AoD to dump 4-5 platoons on an empty base and call it "tactical gameplay" more people thinking the same way is not a metric for how "right" something is. :(
  10. HORNYBOSS

Interesting, This game's forum is almost dead, but when thread hating Heavy Assault appears, there is more people than on Black friday.

As some guy above said, we have accepted the fact that HA has the shield and usually defeats other class at 1v1, but when HA also has a rocket lancher and 100 round mag, every right-minded person should see that something isn't right.
    As bad it is to give AR to Light assault, or give a shotgun to Infiltrator, It is also bad when there is a class, which has too many advantages over the others.

As i said: Heavy shield will probably remain as it is, because no one ever figured out how to balance it without nerfing HA to the ground. But there are too many advantages HA has over other classes.
  11. Foxirus

Implants are slow and stop on damage. Medkits can literally be spammed fast enough to give a few seconds of body shot damage immunity while the heavy runs away. Its a bunch of crap.
  12. theVelvetAlley

Jokingly in Teamspeak I suggest HA's not be allowed to aim more than 5 degrees up.

It was followed by the suggested that HA's should not be allowed to have knees.

I guess I sparked a nerve here. *poke poke*
  13. Plastikfrosch

The taxidermist.
    If you cert him completely you can choose between a fresh corpse, a rotten one or a stuffed cat.
  14. IronMouse

Exactly, it is imperative to boost the speed of the JJ.
  15. Mythologicus

I'm going to take this moment to point out the fact that the cat must be very, very dead indeed if it manages to hit five people of any description. Or at least very large. Dear God I hope it's the large option, otherwise I'm going to be sick in a corner.

./contribution
  16. CorporationUSA

There are 3 infantry classes, LA, HA, and Infiltrator. One excels at stealth combat, one excels at taking a high-ground advantage, and one excels at basic 1v1 ground-level combat. If you're upset because you your LA or Inf can't beat a heavy in 1v1s at the ground level, you need to learn to play to the strengths of your class, rather than trying to fit your class into a different role, and then whining because it's not working out for you.

Adapt and overcome, or perish and shut up.
  17. Vivicector

1.5 sec ramp up time for HA shield will solve the problem. HA will need to think a bit and activate it before the combat (proactive action). Now he doesn't need to think at all, just press F if being shot at.

If we will look at PS1, the game had overshield in a form of implant. The difference was that it used stamina to work. Stamina was also drawn when player was hit without shield. And player moved like a snail without it. So, activate it too early and you loose stamina, become a sitting duck and die. Activate it too late and you will already be on low stamina, so shield won't have energy to work.
    See the difference between this and "press F if got hit" we have now.
  18. MarkAntony

you said HAs have an answer to everything. I just pointed out that you were wrong. you still are.
    as for maxes the argument that liberty made is that when you play it like an infantry class and not just rush stupidly in prepared positions it is easymode.
    I guess simple Miller NC logic just goes over your head....
    • Up x 1
  19. AlterEgo

People hating on HA again?
    [IMG]
  20. Atis

Perfect solution is to drastically decrease HA's resistance to dead cats, right?