You can STILL instantly kill tanks as Light Assault, just bring your GL along, now stop the whining!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Village, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Village

So many threads on this topic so one more couldn't hurt.

Don't see the problem everyone is having. Will make almost no difference when i play Light Assault.

• Up x 2
  2. YoloXXSwag420

Yep, but whiners still gonna whine.
    • Up x 2
  3. Peebuddy

I'm kinda thankful we'll be seeing a lot fewer shotgun LAs but really not looking foreword to them all have grenade launchers
    • Up x 1
  4. illgot

Light Assault are not the only classes with access to C4.

C4 now needs to be persistent that way if the C4 user dies, someone else can shoot the C4 and set it off.

Engineers with max repair tool should also be able to disable C4 as they can with tank mines.

How is it that someone as bad as I at the game has died to C4 on my tank less than 5 times, but it's such a huge issue with other people?

Maybe because I don't sit back farming infantry at a set location.

Maybe because I do not go solo in my tank unless near my own base.

Maybe because I have scout radar.

Maybe because I use situational awareness.

Maybe because I drive away and stop farming when I see any infantry rush up at me from 350-400 meters away.
  5. LibertyRevolution

900+ hours of LA playtime and I have yet to feel the need to buy a UBGL...
    I sure aint going to give up my GD-7F/Piston for a crappier version of the merc, just to be able to take out a lightning..
    When this change hits live, this class is dead to me, and ill have to pick a new avatar...
  6. Tommyp2006

B-But, that requires using an S weapon!
    • Up x 1
  7. Village

C4 does persist if the user dies, you just can't respawn. And it should stay this way because it can be exploited heavily, and i exploited it all the time as Light Assault. Find a sunderer, drift over it, throw 2 blocks of C4 on the roof, drift back to base, rearm. Drift back over, detonate the first two blocks, then quickly throw one more and instantly kill the sunderer.
  8. Tow2Bravo

But light assaults are the only ones who can hover out of trees, off of building completely out of harms way and do it...
    • Up x 1
  9. illgot

why would you need to do this if you just have access to UBGL? There is no needed exploit if you already know a legit tactic.

Having C4 despawn is a lame fix to placate C4 whiners.
    • Up x 1
  10. Village

Because 2 x UBGL takes much longer, and even after 2 C4 and 2 UBGL's it will not instantly die, and during that time they can easily repair it enough to not burn down as you're trying to reload the second grenade. Not to mention C4 is 100% accurate regardless of jetpacking, unlike UBGL's, so you can do it all from 200 metres above on the crown.

I think it was a good change, if your C4 is in a great spot and you die, and you have teammates nearby, just wait 30 seconds for it to take a single rocket.
  11. LivesInNameOnly

players that use UBGL should be burned in a fire IRL
  12. illgot

and if Engineers can disable the C4 by repairing, character respawn time would not be an issue.