You can literally OUTRUN a lockon with racer+Afterburner

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by a4555in, Feb 16, 2014.

1. a4555in

All ye reaver pilots, cert up your racer airframe and afterburners. Next time you get a lockon on you, just face the opposite direction and AB away at 371KPH. After a few seconds, the missile will lose its fuel and stop chasing you. I use this airframe for a2a work as it lets me equip fire suppression and also dodge lockons:cool:
    It's great for mediocre skilled people like me who try not to get into hoverfights.
    P.S:Haven't tested this on other ESF's(I think it might work with a mosquito too) and A2A lockons(Tomcats)(But seriously who uses them nowdays).
  2. Taemien

Knew this shortly after Beta. Nothing new here.
  3. treeHamster

You used to be able to out run a missile with AB tanks on ANY of the ESF's without a racer frame. Doesn't work anymore however.

Just one more reason why the Scythe is the worst ESF.
    • Up x 1
  4. Akeita

That was mean... ( But Lock - on doesn't ignore terrain now, easier job hiding behind a random mountain for a friendly Sundy )
  5. Taemien

The subject is on Reavers, not Scythes.
  6. mooman1080

Whoopdy do, that's been a thing since beta, the problem is it doesn't always work and it requires your entire AB tank.
  7. biterwylie

You can do it in the scythe also.
  8. phreec

TIL ESFs have legs.
  9. Frosty The Pyro

if you can do it in a reaver, you can almost definatly do it in a mosquito, racer mossies have better afterburner+cruise weighted average speeds (or at least did, havnt seen the numbers sense AB became certable, so it may of changed, but not likely). Reaver speed is more front loaded though so that would give the pilot a better window to start running. Not sure how the scythes speed would agrigate (faster cruise, but not as fast of a cruise as mossie, slower afterburner).

One would presume that regardless of the ESF the inital distance to the lockon in question would be a signifigant factor..
  10. a4555in

I don't think initial distance is a factor since when you AB your velocity is always greater than the missile's. You can be 10m from the enemy launching the missile but you will still be able to outrun it(not accounting for the time taken to get out of hovermode).
  11. y3ivan

stock AB =
    Mossie/Scythe: 330 kph for 8.0sec
    Reaver: 350kph for 8.0sec?

G2A lockon cruise Speed: 300kph for 8sec

Any AB will do the trick as long as it could last of 8 sec.
    • Up x 1
  12. WyrdHarper

It's the one advantage to your landing gear (and its teensy feet) stuck down when you spawn!
  13. y3ivan

also be advice, having racer chassis does not meant that ESF have better acceleration nor does increase AB acceleration.

all 3 esf will accelerate at a flat rate when AB. This is the burnout time where AB fuel is wasted to achieve max AB speed.

Ie:
    Mossie S = 250kph --> 330kph @ 0.55sec
    Mossie R3 = 270kph? --> 355kph @ 0.60sec?

Reaver S = 215kph --> 350kph @ 0.85sec?
    Reaver R3 = 240kph --> 375kph @ 0.90sec?
    • Up x 1
  14. Pikachu

Lock-ons lasts not long enough to reach? Locked-on missiles have 500m/s velocity.
  15. Pixelshader

huh? it says 100m/s ingame, or 360km/h
  16. Pixelshader

yeah, it's so hard automatically winning every 1v1 in my scythe, such a bad esf