[Guide] You CAN dominate CQC with semi-autos

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by TheDudeMachine, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Jorge De Paques

Yes, and it's very annoying. I want this removed asap.
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  2. Ganen

I'm sorry, but both of you seems to misunderstand the difference between the "effectiveness" of a unique individual at a specific task or at using a specific tool/weapon, with the effectiveness of the tool/weapon itself, or seem to misunderstand what effective means altogether.
    and to be quite honest after all my and other poster's efforts to explain it to you, I mean we shared every bit of information from word definitions to logic exercises to see if you guys could get it, but I think at this stage its pointless to repeat the endless cycle or explain-> not getting it-> stubborn it out instead of trying to get it.

its just healthier, and more productive, to agree to disagree and, fine you guys think semi autos are more effective CQC then GG guys good for you, but please, move on, cuz its getting annoying.
  3. Arcanum

Haven't you read my post? I moved out of the argument because I avoid arguing with mobs and it turned out to be a word disagreement, but I've always said I don't care about the effectiveness of the cqc semi-autos. It never had anything to do with what I was arguing. It had to do with you saying incompetence of the masses with a tool at a certain task means the tool can't be used to do the task well. That's it.

Literally just this quote.

I even think it's probable that you're better off with HA shields and a LMG or just a good shotgun for CQC if you want to go around killing as many as possible in the shortest amount of time. It's possible that it's not by much if you have insane aim and infiltrator skills but that's what I think.

SOE never ceases to amuse me.
  4. ArcKnight

in the market look for a sniper rifle that has no scope attached in the preview ( there's both a semi-auto rifle and bolt action rifle, but I'm not sure on which costs more )
  5. Ganen

see that's the problem right there, you either cannot, or don't want to out of stubbornness (which would be ironic given your comment on admitting being wrong), understand what I, and the other posters were saying, you keep quoting that as a false statement, and in the very same post make another second claim showing that you yourself know it to be true.

cuz this (your words) "I even think it's probable that you're better off with HA shields and a LMG or just a good shotgun for CQC" is essentially the same as "The fact that most people can't use a semi-auto effectively in CQB" means EXACTLY that it is an ineffective weapon for that purpose." (my words).

cuz "you being better off with shotguns/autos at CQ" will mean players that use those weapons for that purpose will yield better results, hence statistics, than players that use semis.
    therefore autos/shotguns >>>> semis for CQC

there are people that can fasten screws on their PC with a pocket knife fairly well, that doesn't mean that a pocket knife is as effective as a screwdriver for fastening screws

I'm sorry but I have a hard time believing you two cannot grasp the concept that individual effectiveness with a tool being something different than the effectiveness of the tool itself for any specific task or role, just like I have a hard time you not understand that the effectiveness of a tool is measured by how good its track record (in this case player statistics) is at fulfilling the focus task or purpose, especially after that second claim of yours.
  6. Arcanum

Nice job cutting the rest of the quote.

"I even think it's probable that you're better off with HA shields and a LMG or just a good shotgun for CQC if you want to go around killing as many as possible in the shortest amount of time."

I meant to say you can probably potentially kill more with the right LMG in a shorter amount of time before having to reload, and I'm not even sure of that.

It's why I said it turned out to be a "word disagreement". Arguing with different ideas of what effectiveness is.
  7. MrIDoK

You can really dominate in cqc, unless SOE decides to entertain you with one of the latest bugs in its collection:
    [IMG]

Yup, if you go ads with the KSR-35 there is the usual overlay that you get with the high-power scopes. Even if you are using iron sights. Isn't it great?
  8. klor

I think this post is more of a PSA rather than a guide. The OP found a class and weapon combination that is most effective for him and wanted to share his success. It's not for everyone but if you meet the same criteria as the OP then maybe he's given you an option you didn't know you had.

Most people want instant gratification, tend to make snap judgements and are not willing to invest much effort. A 30 minute weapon trial is simply not enough to accurately gauge a weapon unless it directly fits your playstyle. The trial timers are much too short (especially with no attachments) to grasp the full potential of a weapon and then adapt to use it efficiently. If you can't see the strength of a particular weapon and leverage those strengths then you will perceive the weapon as inferior.

In my opinion the CQB semi-auto snipers are not ineffective they just have a high skill cap.
  9. Ronin Oni

There is a new class of bolt action rifles that have very fast bolt action animation but no scope...

I tossed a 4x on it and it's amazing.

Definitely still not CQB but great for mid range.... though I have used it to no-scope a guy who ran up on me and pistol swapped for finisher.

For CQB I'd personally recommend either the full auto "sniper" carbines or SMG depending on whether you want best CQB ability possible or have more effect at mid range
    • Up x 1
  10. klor

I really wish those had laser rail attachments, the close/mid range bolt action was one of the weapons I enjoyed the least. The NC SMG is my new favorite toy though :D
  11. Ganen

.... the rest of the post does not change the meaning of what you were saying at all... you basically admitted to the fact that weapons such as shotguns and full autos being better CQC weaponry...

and now you are trying to distort your own words, cuz its more comfortable than admitting you were wrong... I guess.

tho like you already atempted
    yeah... it's called being more effective... and yeah I'm entirely sure, you are pretty sure of that to be the truth.
    Even if you are not, let my posts and the other poster's who replied to you, as well as the charts that were presented, or the consistent track record of players all around, prove that very same fact, you know, unlike you who just busted in and said "wrong", other posters had the wits to present logic, reason, statistics to demonstrate their point.

if that is at all possible in a world where you cannot possibly be wrong that is.

there is no word disagreement, there's what the word means, and there's you not knowing what it is.
    reality > your ego m8.

if you cant stand in equal terms in terms of reasoning and honesty in a conversation, discussion or debate, the best thing you can do is listen, the least thing you can do is have the humility to acknowledge that you can and will be wrong on occasion, much like in this one.
  12. Ronin Oni

Reminds me of the good ol' ACOGed SV98 Bad Company 2 days.

Body shots do ~60% damage (health + shield) headshots are OHK.

I usually don't take the time for a headshot, particularly if they're firing back at me... a body shot leaves them extremely vulnerable for a teammate to finish them off, or a quick crouch behind cover and stand back up for follow up... if they weren't already wounded and now dead :p

It works best when you're right behind friendly infantry though.

Oh, and don't forget to shoot dem sensors out... kinda your whole teamplay purpose beyond dishing heavy damage to infantry
    • Up x 1
  13. Ganen

don't think laser sight would be much help for bolt action rifles, the hip fire accuracy penalty is too great for a laser sight to be much help at all.
    or am I missing some rifle that doesn't have as large of a penalty? :O
  14. Ronin Oni

no, laser site wouldn't really help a whole lot.

Suppressor on the other hand......... amazing
  15. klor

None of the current rail attachments offer much benefit to the bolt action rifles. The increased hipfire accuracy would help the short range bolt action since you will be in closer proximity to the enemy. I would take it with out a second thought because it's better than nothing, which is the current option.
  16. Ganen

suppose so, It couldn't hurt at least >_<