[Guide] You CAN dominate CQC with semi-autos

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by TheDudeMachine, Jan 24, 2013.

1. BlueyTheWolf

LOL its so great of you using a populated biolab in original post and hiding behind trees which noone sees you and then making another video at woodman at the low population time and not standing still for a moment then claim see I can do this.47-10 what we all achieve in woodman regardless of guns in half an hour.

Here is a medal for trying tho xD
  2. aussiesparrowfart

I love people who think better than I do. Infil = bolt. No use for semi-auto's bah too much barrel movement. Reads post. Gives it a go. Fantastic. 3 kills per death in a crowded environment, less successful otherwise. That was a great advice and good thinking outside the box. Thanks for an excellent post.
    • Up x 2
  3. klor

Why would I stand still? Why wouldn't I hide behind trees and use cover to my advantage? Are you suggesting I should let people kill me? I understand that you will believe whatever you want but stating "what we all achieve in woodman regardless of guns in half an hour" is ridiculous. Are you saying that everyone on Woodman has above a 4:1 K/D ratio and achieves almost 2 kills per minute? Your signature says otherwise... anyway no hard feelings.
  4. Crewell

I agree with you that the haters telling you to not play smart is just bad.

I am curious about one thing. I saw you mention a 2x reflex scope, but do you do anything else with your weapon loadout? I am very curious about this as I want to basically stay Infiltrator whether I am outdoors or in a building assault. Right now I usually go Combat Medic, but having someone to terminal hack on base assaults is handy for my outfit's platoon runs.
  5. VoidC

Klor, I agree on movement argument.

Crewell 2x reflex and compensator work fine outside (stay on the move, flank). This combination is okay for inside when you use semi-auto sniper (where I would go with 1x reflex (or NV/NS > scout) and suppressor). With scout + laser dot and better hip fire 2x reflex sight works also good inside (maybe its just me).
  6. Deathcapt

It's only good if you're not getting shot at, which in my opinion, any gun can "dominate" when your opponents aren't shooting at you.
  7. Jests

The point of infiltrator and stealth o_O
    • Up x 1
  8. BlueyTheWolf

You have failed to grasp my meaning I said original video and one you sent me to prove yourself are different in both in play behaviour and enviroment.

I meant you cannot hide in trees and get free kills in anybiolab in our server but to prove your point you went to best place to be infultrator.Crown.No harsh feelings I had kdr over 4 all the time at crown.

Its not your talents in question here,its your example being wrong.
    And Im a person who likes to attack ,capture and actually achieve something which is called meta gamer.I would raise alot of kdr if I was only dedicated to my kdr and not my team mates.
  9. Nevron

So what you're saying is that the players on your server are good everywhere except crown?

Just give it up. You came in all haughty trying to imply that American players are generally worse than EU players, and that he could only get away with what he did on American servers and would be killed before he pulled his trigger on EU servers. The bottom line is that he jumped onto an EU server and pulled off another hell of a run just the same. Now you want to say that it's because it was crown and not a biolab? So does that mean that EU players are better at dealing with an infiltrator crouching in grass and/or utilizing cover in the dark, but are bad at dealing with an infiltrator that is running circles around them without cover in daylight? The bottom line is that the dude went on your own server and **** on your theory.
    • Up x 2
  10. HydrooPUMP

This is great!

I was wondering about that idea for a while, pondering between semi-auto scout and the impetus for cqc and I guess I've found my answer.

@dudemachine

Are you going to buy an SMG ? I'd love to hear your comparison between these two.
  11. Sevre

Regardless of the bogus theories and hatred being spewed in this thread (looking at you, Bluey), any seasoned infiltrator who actually INFILTRATES will immediately see how this build out-performs any scout rifle build, even the semi-auto scout rifles which I've been able to get 12+ kill streaks with. This build can actually prevail in head-on fights with other infantry, although I would maintain that infils should always avoid head-to-head engagements. Obviously if you use the infils ability to get into great angles of attack unnoticed you will do even better, getting even more kills unnoticed and create general mayhem amongst the enemy's forces.

Furthermore, I am also interested in Dude's take on SMGs whenever they get released over the next week now that the patch is getting delayed.
  12. BlueyTheWolf

Well we have access to almost every American streamers' gameplays on youtube and only in US servers I saw people being dumb and standing infront of spawn shields, not paying attention to enemy soldier behind them and its not like Im saying ALL Us players are bad but intensive cod,halo and etc play made them go soft on kdr and awareness of field and good players getting alot of nice juicy scores.

Its the Americans started this when they called EU players have no place on forums cause they are bronze leaguers*Oww did the devs said that ? we had leagues*.Yeah sure elitism to the end.There are more pro players on EU servers than Americans period, which lowers kdr and wont see KDR 26 in woodman server.

For some reason every matterson server member on forums have like kdr 8+
    and keep calling other players l2p and stuff like that.Wish we had more *I dont give **** players* so we would get higher kdr.
    This kdr .....ing is pointless.

Yesterdays top scorer was 8-20 and he was a medic.
  13. sosolidshoe

Horsedung. Was fighting in a tower near Tawrich not two hours ago on Miller, and I was having to fairly shout into prox-voice to get the morons from my faction to stop standing right on top of the sodding spawn forcefields on the upper level. The same guy got fragged four times in a row and it didn't twig. Later on, I got five kills in a row against daft NC running right across the doorway of a camped spawn with absolutely zero attempt to make themselves a difficult target.

The idea that the yanks have more idiots playing is just silly.

For Klor/OP: Thanks for these, wish I'd seen them before I forked over the last of my Alpha Squad SC for the Artemis; yech, what a worthless popgun, and it'll feel like even more of a waste when the SMGs come out and doubtless end relegate the full-auto Scouts to complete worthlessness. I should have enough certs for a weapon purchase tonight, I think I'll pick up the VS CQC semi-sniper and give Infiltrator another bash.
    • Up x 3
  14. sosolidshoe

So, I enjoyed the trial enough to fork out for the Phantom, and while as an "average" skill-level FPS gamer I'm not quite rocking it like the OP, compared to the Artemis it's night and bloody day. I grabbed the 2xReflex and Suppressor right off the bat, but I'm wondering if the Foregrip is actually worthwhile? I normally favour hipfire weapons with the IRNV as a backup/detection helper, so I've only ever gone with the Adv. Laser before.

While this weapon and playstyle doesn't solve the issues with Infiltrator, it does go some way towards making you a genuine threat in CQC, and I suspect I will still prefer it to the SMG when that comes out because the Phantom/other empire equivalent also lets you deal with enemies at a decent range, meaning you can spend more time playing the game and less fannying about with your loadout.
  15. nkenny

I have done quite well with semi-auto scout rifles using a similar tactic. Now imagine what I, or the users posting videos, could have done with a generic carbine.

-k
  16. sosolidshoe

Honestly? Probably not that much better.

I mean, the gap would widen slightly when you're talking about extremely skilled players, I've seen Engineers and LA's do terrible, terrible things to the enemy with hipfire carbines, but for your average player? In like-for-like scenarios(ie, attacking an enemy who is unaware/is only alerted to your presence in the moments before you begin firing), I don't perform any better or worse using the Phantom than with the Serpent.

Also, when discussing extremely skilled players, personal preference becomes a much much more significant modifier; if someone's skill lies in placing shots perfectly, they'll do best with a high-damage semi-auto weapon regardless of class; if their skill lies in movement and recoil control, they'll dominate with autos.

Again, I don't think this playstyle fixes the issues with Infiltrator, those mainly stem from the cloak and the lack of utility of the hack tool, but it does make the class more viable in actual combat, and it should provide a nice counterpoint to the upcoming SMG(which will hopefully be ideal for the movement/recoil players I mentioned earlier).
  17. PsyStorm

This sounds great on paper and I am sure all snipers know that if you can find the perfect spot and have some luck, you may be able to go on long streaks like this. It is very situational and hard to replicate with a 2x scope in most locations without being detected. In this ss you have a 5 kd but what is your overall kd?
  18. exLupo

19. OldMaster80

Not so much. As TR I find easier to use a KSR-35 than a pistol, for the simple reason I don't need to uncloak 30cm away from my target.
    Personally I think the semi-auto sniper rifles are defintely better than pistols and scout rifles, and they can be also effective at medium range. As long as I can have this, I don't think I'm gonna need a SMG ;)
  20. MeltingCPU

Dammit I missed the Impetus on sale because I read people saying it was a gimped Shadow. Should have tested it.

I have a question though, I recently got the short range bolt action and if I remember correctly the only x2 scope is a laser one. I got the x3.4 laser and when I am cloaked the red dot simply disappears. I found this is getting in the way of my style of aiming cloaked. Don't you guys get annoyed by this or you simply don't use it cloaked?