you can change your reticule colour

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by quickbeam2, Jan 26, 2015.

1. quickbeam2

2. FateJH

To save people their dignity:
    • Up x 13
  3. Thardus

Two questions. One, Will SOE be okay with this, and Two, can I use this to make my Scythe's HUD something other than Sky Blue?
    • Up x 1
  4. BlueSkies

Generally speaking you can change anything in useroptions... its called useroptions after all.
  5. Erendil

Yes, SOE is fine with us making changes to the useroptions.ini file.
  6. Taemien

This might answer your first question:

For the second, who knows?
  7. FBVanu

I had no idea about this. Thx for bringing it up.

But I must be doing something wrong

Set TintModeReticuleStyle=1
    and
    TintModeReticuleColor to some weird purple..

saved the open Userfile.. played to check it out... and.. uh, well, no change in color.

Anyone able to help a guy with two left hands?

thx.
  8. RHYS4190

this is really good. iv got mine set to neon red, THANK you cold blood, 16711680
  9. Trukk

Finally!, As a (partially) color blind guy, this makes such a difference!
  10. Iridar51

Thanks for the heads up, added this info into my performance guide.
  11. Pootisman

Can we change styles too? All i want for a crosshair is a simple ... cross. No dots, triangles, diamonds or other weird shapes.

We have all kinds of shapes in crosshairs, but not the most important ones: 1x and 2x CROSSES.
  12. Yago

Sorry to hijack the thread, slightly related.
    Is there a way to make font sizes bigger, in chat and avy names above players??

Tried a thread in technical support area and there is no support there at all (another example of SOE stroker w4nkerdom *edited this bit as they seem to spend time on the swear filter, the sheep pleasurers that they are) ).
  13. FBVanu

It is not working for me.

When I change the values in my userfile, do you have to add them with commas?? 241,0,194 or as a string of numbers 2410194 ??

After I changed the value, I saved the file, logged out, back in, play and .. the colors did not change on my lightning
    still got the NC lightning yellow , which kind of disappears in the sands of Indar..

Thx for all your help.
  14. Klypto

Try to replace the font. No idea if it works for that, but might make it easier.

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/cant-report-hackers-you-say-solution.78011/
    • Up x 1
  15. JudgeNu

Did you use the Decimal equivalent?
    To some weird purple color is not a valid decimal equivalent.
    Did you save your changes?
    There should not be any spaces.

As stated before, anytime you make changes you must restart your client.
  16. Yago

17. FBVanu

Thank you for helping, but, sadly, it still doesn't work.

Here is a copy of my current and saved file, restarted several times, went back in the game, darn lightning sights are still dirt yellow..

TintModePlayer=0
    TintModeFacility=1
    TintModeReticuleStyle=1
    TintModeReticuleColor=16711680

I used the number that another player has in this thread, for neon red.. but it didn't change a thing for me.
    Since this whole computer thing is alien to me anyway.. I'm sure I did it wrong.

please help me.. . ? thx.
  18. NoctD

The only reason I'd do this is because that square 2x reflex in red for NC is driving me bonkers. So now I guess I can turn the yellow 2x reflex with circle like the other factions have, and make it into a red 2x reflex for NC with the circle outline instead of that terrible box.
  19. BlueSkies

Hrm.. weird. Those aren't in my useroptions.ini file.
  20. JudgeNu

Your problem is that It only changes your reticules on most gun scopes.
    It doesn't affect the Vehicle sights.