[Suggestion] Yet another tool suggestion for the Ligh Assault

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Ravenorth, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Ravenorth

I´ve seen alot of threads of possible LA tools, and most of them are about portable jump/gravity pads etc. I hardly play with light assault and this is just something that´s been floating in my mind since the beta, so I just want to hear what you think about it. This can be really bad idea, good or stupid idea, I dont really care, since I dont use the class, so just say what is in your mind.

How about if LA could just simply grab a fellow teammate(not MAX) and lift him from the ground with double cost of fuel? With the default fuel you wouldn´t be able to do much, so this also rewards those who´ve certed their LA jump jets. Grabbing could happen with a grab tool("cool" name needed), which is crossover of repair tool and recon detect device, you have to point it to a fellow teammate to grab him. It shoots energy out of it, like repair tool, but need energy cells to lift players, like recon detect device need darts, which can be resupplied from ammo packs. This tool could also be certed to have more energy cells and to consume a slightly less fuel when used, like one more energy cell and 5-10% less fuel consuming with each tier.

When a player is being grabbed he enters into falling animation and there could be somekind of aura surrounding him(similar to HA shield), to make it feel like the tool is actally holding the player. Of course we dont want bunch of Light Assaults to harass others by grabbing them randomly from the ground and throwing down because its fun, so when you want to grab someone there would be a message, which asks permission from him(similar to swap seats).

This would bring new teamwork aspecs for LA and is really not so hard to add in the game, since the game already uses same mecanics I suggested. I dont really see this so much overpowered, since there is limit how many times it can be used and its slow, because one LA can only lift one player at a time, then he have to go back for another. Sure 10 LA, can lift ten player at the same time and with a support of engineer they have no limit, but thats what teamwork is. Remember also that its is not so much useful unless you´ve certed your jump jets and the grab tool, so you cant just pick LA, which have nothing certed and start lifting people effectively into high places/long distances.

Thoughts?
  2. Paulus

The game has air transport, and i'm already getting a headache with the image of a Max sitting ontop of the rocks inside a biolab with a pile of bodies under its feet and snipers in impossible to reach places. There is also a huge potential for greifing (thought i was going to take you up the tower? loljks i'll just drop you off this cliff for the lulz)
  3. CoffeeBreak

I play primarily LA and I'm not a TKer.....I would drop lots of friendlies to their deaths to amuse myself. I would, it would be too tempting not to grab that whiner in /Yell and drop him off a tower.

On that note, I'd like to be able to pick up enemies as a LA so I could do the same thing and not be a TKer.