Yet another thread about the new HUD colours

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zotamedu, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Zotamedu

So I've been playing for a while with the new colour scheme and it's not really thought through. I play TR so the faction colour option is pretty annoying since I'm pretty hard coded into killing things that are red. That's the standard way to mark enemies in pretty much every game ever. Plus the problem that it's pretty hard to tell the difference between Vanu and Charlie squad since both are about the same shade of purple.

So I chose the allied vs. enemy option instead. It took some playing to get used to the fact that blue cap points are good now and not a sign of NC taking over. But one thing is pretty darn stupid with this design. The markers for the cap points and the influence meter are now only showing blue and red. I was just in a three way fight and I had no idea which faction was capping what. So atleast switch back those two into faction colours or else they are rather useless.

I would really, REALLY, like it if the old colour scheme was put back as an option. Is was not entirely user friendly for new users but this new system is far from perfect either. I think it's mainly us TR that gets screwed over because of our glorious faction colour.
    • Up x 1
  2. Wren

You can change the colors in the options menu yknow?

I did last night, set VS to green, set TR/NC to red.
    • Up x 1
  3. Selerox

/signed

Bring back the old style as default, but keep the new stuff as options. Failing that, just keep the faction colours and HUD enemy indicators separate in the options.
  4. Talizzar

They need to let us decide how we want to colorize. This change forced us into a new system that does not allow you to configure it to the old system.

Everyone seems to ignore the fact that Charlie platoon is PURPLE so if you use faction colors your teammates and the Vanu are both Purple! Bad Bad Bad!
  5. SolLeks

there is also a problem with the game choosing the wrong colors for enemys. I have seen a lot of green scythes / mossies when I have them set to purple / red. I also set the purple of vanu to more of a pinkish color, and same with the red of the TR so 1, they are a bit more similar, and 2, I don't the vanu and charlie confused.
  6. Big Cyz

I set ally to bright yellow, TR to red, VS to bright pink

PROBLEM SOLVED !
  7. Tytos

What works well is:

VS: light blue
    TR: dark red
    NC: yellow
  8. Zotamedu

Honestly, I don't think that having to resort to setting random colours to all factions to get a working HUD is a very good option.

They need to put the old colours back in as an option (easy) or give us a lot more control over which elements are assigned to which colour (hard).