[Suggestion] Yet another NS-BASR idea...

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Gemenai, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Gemenai

Good day infiltrator community,

ever since the implementation of the vandal i wanted to get a NS-BASR ( because Vandal obviously is not one and i really like NC BASR models, but i only play VS).

So i thought a while around and came up with following weapon stats for such a rifle.
    If you have any concerns or other ideas on this topic please feel free to tell me via a constructive comment.

The idea behind this weapon is, that it trades dmg, chambertime and the maximum amount of ammunition for
    higher bullet velocity and faster reload time than other BASR of a compareable weapon tier.
    So the weapon is more reliant on headshots than bodyshots.

Name: NS-M80X

Chambertime: >=2 sec.

Damage: 675, 15m / 400, 400m ( worse than T3, but at least same as T2 or better than T2 )

Reloadtime: 2.4sec. / 2.9sec. ( better than T3 )

Velocity: 700-750m/sec. ( better than T3, but worse than Railjack )

Ammo: 3/27-36 (without ammunition belt! , less ammo / magazine, but more magazines in reserve
    than ES variants )

Further more i think it should have a loud fire sound and maybe even a compensator
    on stock (like Parsec for example).
  2. breeje

well why not the game could use some new weapons
    i want more bold rifles with a 1x to 4x scope
    a new smg i played all my smg's to auraxium
    and i need more weapons for my HA, LA and med
    i really like to switch up my play stile
  3. ahandyman

Love the idea. Thoughts:

Love the name.
    Good.
    Make it 675 @ 10m, 400 @ 350 and you've got me on board.
    WAYYYY TOO FAST. HOLY MOSES.
    That's faster than T1. Faster than the short range BASRs.
    Do like 3.5 / 5.2. That puts it between T2 and T3, which is a good place.
    I don't know what to do with this one. With the low ammo pool, 675 - 700 is reasonable. 750 is too fast though.
    I like this. Puts more emphasis on OHK.
    I like this as well.
    • Up x 1
  4. Gemenai

Yeah the reload time seems really odd and fast on a second view. Although i have to say it was not meant as a set number.
    In fact as long as it is faster than rifles of the compareable tier, i think it´s fine.
    And in case of the damage and its drop off, i would go with your suggestion too.

Well the only thing missing, is a developer implementing this with a sexy, heavy weapon model :D .
    (not that i would bet on that though :( )
  5. ahandyman

I do know it's been at least thought of before. After a quick google image search:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Cross your fingers!
  6. Gemenai

Give-Me-THAT :eek:
  7. DarkDangerDash

I'd buy it if it looked like that. Though... I think it'd be interesting to see what the weapon would be like with an integrated suppressor but with less downsides. 650 - 675 velocity, less bullet drop than the T1 BASRs but maybe more or the same as the T3 BASRs, 3 round mag but more in the ammo pool like what was presented. That's all I'll say, I don't want to spend to much time on this idea.

Yeah, though. Overall I think it'd be an interesting choice considering the look and a 3 round mag but still the possibility of more kills per life. Basically what I'm saying is that I WANT. I just hope SOE doesn't screw with the design cause that thing looks sexy. Looks like a true rifle I could be proud of owning. **** the RAMS, it looks too generic.