Yet another game ruined by cheaters

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by QRLegion, Jan 24, 2013.

1. QRLegion

Need to rename this game to CheaterSide 2.

Miller, Mani Biolab 20:45 GMT

I saw at least 7 Cheats there, 6 TR and 1 NC , as did many other players. They were even openly admitting it and trying to justify it on the Yell saying things like "he's cheating, so I am as well"

They were spawning in front of me from nowwhere, walking through walls, shooting inside the spawn room, speedhacking etc. Reported two of them, the rest I gave up trying to decipher their names.

Have video evidence if you need it.

A son of a friend of mine plays PS2 and he said he's been cheating for the past 2 weeks. I get the impression he's doesn't like PS2 much anyway so doesn't care if he is banned or not. Won't tell me his character name but says he will send me a video of the cheat if he gets banned.

So one cheat can last 2 weeks without being caught. What happens if he does get banned, if he wants he just makes another character and plays again for another two weeks?

Makes it a bit pointless reporting them if they can do it that easily.
    • Up x 2
  2. TSR-SeanF Customer Service

If you haven't already opened a support ticket with us reporting this information I would highly recommend doing so for us to resolve this issue accordingly. If a player decides to make another account and continue hacking/exploiting we have ways to ensure that they cannot access PlanetSide 2 ever again if necessary. We have our ways ;)

You are also welcome to PM me with your videos and any additional details regarding this incident so I can have this issue addressed as well.
    • Up x 1
  3. sagolsun

If he doesn't like the game much why is he playing it for two weeks?
  4. Oakwalker

Whiners goina whine
  5. sagolsun

There are so many ways to prevent cheaters from just making new accounts..

I've seen some very interesting hardware and user fingerprinting methods used in advanced malware, effective too! All it takes is thinking out of the box.
    • Up x 1
  6. QRLegion

Like a lot of kids he'll try anything new. Will play it for a few weeks get bored, start cheating, wait until he gets banned and then move on to something else.

The Issue here is how trivially easy it is to cheat at this game and to be able to get away with it for so long. Then if you do get banned and want to continue you just make another account and continue......

Not sure why pointing out the truth would be considered whining?
  7. FlR3

Most of the cheaters don't like most of the games they play. They do it because they have a cheat out for it which makes it very easy to just go out and rage kill as they call it and tick off a lot of people. They think they are pro players because a program is doing the job for them so they never have to learn real skill. Some do it because they want to prove a point that the game companys can't stop them by kicking them, suspending them for a week or banning them. They know that if they are detected or the cheat program is detected, the cheat makers will update it within a day and they are right back to cheating. Has been that way for years. Sorry but that is the hard truth. The only real way to ever slow them down or stop them is hit them very hard and I mean very hard, in the wallets in court.
  8. Egonieser

If you are referring to HWID, that is easily changable or can be made hidden, so is IP and MAC. SoE may have their ways but we all know hackers will always be a step ahead and that is the sad reality.
  9. sagolsun

Cheating is trivially easy for any game supported by paysites. Get mom's credit card, buy hax, enjoy.

So they are deriving enjoyment from the game, just not the way the devs intended, at the expense of other people and to the detriment of the whole gameplay experience.

Even though a lot of cheaters claim to be skilled players, I'd hesitate to say whether there are any so self-deluded to honestly believe in their m4d sk33lz when they're running a payhack.

Yeah, well they have to circumvent SOE's pathetic attempt sophisticated cutting-edge hardware fingerprinting.

It's one of the ways, yes. Fighting cheating is a Big Problem that requires Big Money. In the old world model of boxes games the publisher couldn't give a rat's ****. You gave us your money now, so why should we care?

It's a problem no single company can do solo, the whole industry needs to wake up and smell the coffee, the one the paysites spat in.
  10. OutbreakMonkey

So easily circumvented by requiring a credit card of valid paypal account.
    • Up x 1
  11. sagolsun

My point exactly. Hackers, for the purpose of malware, developed a BETTER HWID/UID. Rip them off, it's not like SOE will get sued by Alexei Fedorov from Novokuznetsk.
  12. Egonieser

They should hire the hackers to work on developing a better antihack system, cuz who else knows better how and where to find holes and flaws in the system than they do. But they wont do it cuz they want to stick it to the man.. Not to mention thousands of recurring subs, heck they must earn more money than SoE haha :p
  13. Arcanum

Wait... is that misleading language for "we will only try to stop people from making new accounts after they are banned for a second time?"
  14. sagolsun

Nope. It's because by operating their payhack business they earn far, far, far more than SOE could ever offer them.
  15. TribbleFluffer

Believe it or not your the first Staff member who ive seen who actually seems to care. most of the others respond with the robot style message that just seems too impersonal and generic
  16. TSR-SeanF Customer Service

It's more like "If you happen to hack or exploit we will ban you. If you do it again on another account, we will use what resources we have to ensure that you do not play PlanetSide 2 ever again, up to and including a full system ban from our services among other devices".

Yes, I know we seem robotic, but we're definitely players just like you :D and we especially do not like the players who hack or exploit. Nothing brings us greater joy than swinging the ban hammer when the hammer is due.
  17. QRLegion

Well I'm certainly willing to send you the video evidence, I recorded my entire session tonight which is around 25GB.
    The only thing that is stopping me is that I've already submitted at least 3 tickets with reports of cheaters and I'm still seeing the same guys playing weeks later. And sending a 25GB file is going to take a while.

Admittedly some of those I've reported may have been banned but they are still there with almost the same name, doing the same things.
    I get banned today with the name LameCheater, I join again tomorrow with the name LameCheater1, the day after LameCheater2 etc...... I have spent loads of time sending you reports as I'm sure you can check from my account info.

I also tried to capture the text chat of the guys openly talking about their cheats which also includes the text from many other players berating them for their actions, but it seems the CTRL F12 button doesn't capture the text box, all I got was screenshots from my FPS view. Is there a way to capture what I see on screen apart from running it in a window and the using Win 7's snipping tool?

I really do hope you have some methods of dealing with these problems but It's just not happening at the moment, I rarely play for more than 30 minutes now without seeing an obvious hack. Either the volume of hackers is beyond your capacity to deal with or you don't really have the abilities you claim.
  18. SnakeTheFroski

If you ask me, you guys should try and license/implement Valve Anti-Cheat. Seems to work much better than any other anti-cheat software I've seen (such as proprietary systems or Punkbuster), though none are perfect. Though something definitely needs to be done, you can't rely solely upon game moderators to handle such things in a game this large. Needs some kind of automation to be effective.
  19. gh05t

i've seen at least 3 cheaters today alone, can't even seem to get the reporting function on the help & support to work in game for some reason.

needs to be made simpler as it's hard to report some players names
  20. Veratu SOE

This will always be a game of cat and mouse, but rest assured it's not something we take lightly and although it may seem that we aren't doing anything, that's far from the truth. We're just not super vocal about this particular topic as the less we say and the more we do, the more effective the mouse trap is. The CSRs and TSRs work diligently at stopping and addressing the hackers every single day, and the dev team is continually improving the systems to mitigate them.

There are some new reporting functions that are coming very soon that will also greatly help with getting information to us in an organized manner so that support tickets and things like that won't be required. Just hang tight, a lot more information will be coming over the next few days when SOE releases the 6 month plan, as well as a handful of patches over the next several weeks to continually improve the game overall.
    • Up x 4