Yay, first auraxium trim thing!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DoucheSlayer, Mar 24, 2016.

1. DoucheSlayer

After playing 99%+ time (no exaggeration) no squad, having BR 5 light assaults get in gunner seat clueless af, and myself never owning a membership or having any boosts when resources are bad, I got mah auraxium prowler :D.

Things I've learned:
    - WHEN (emphasis on the word 'when') a low BR gets in the gunner seat, immediately lock tank temporarily if they spin in circles shooting, TK, or not moving at all as if they're afk. If they do none of this, you can say with 95% confidence that they still probably have no experience being in a tank and will do nothing.

- HE rounds on 96+ pop base sunderers are fun. That auraxium only took a couple days. Don't be silly and kill the sundy, get that fat farm first.

- I hate HEAT.

- I love AP. Nothin like headshotting infils on a mountain 300m away or sniping liberators as they desperately try to escape behind a mountain.

- All fire on teammates will cease and will resume on YOU if you wear the "im a ******-slaying ******" bright white camo. Can be cool because it feels like you're helpin out the team.

- Almost climbing a steep hill then sliding all the way down is a worse feeling than dying.

- Proximity radar has saved me way too many times every single day I log in.

- That rare 1% of the time a gunner knows what they're doing and hitting magriders trying to sidestep your shots but gets hit by every single shot is awesome.

- i hate not having a gunner half of the time and harassers harass me

- if you sense a libby right behind you and you have combat chassis, you can reverse on the spot and be under/behind them and outlplay them super hard

- Always spam taunt when proximity finds a c-r delivery boy in the air and you reverse and make them miss

- feel no remorse for those you TK that jump on your tank as you're driving. Infact, exit and tbag them.

- ESF main guns do no damage and are annoying. Your anti infantry missles suck. The rare few that use the dual AV rockets are the scariest pilots

- i have no friends still from beginning of tanking to the end of auraxium. i sad

-i hate AV base turrets that wont render until theyre already shooting you (ps4)
    • Up x 1
  2. Endlave

Hello, friend. I am about to aurax my prowler soon, too (All I need is about 800 kills in my HE for aurax and about 300 top gun kills) For the first time in forever, I actually feel close and it will probably be the only auraxiu directive I will ever get since the others seem to be way too grindy to achieve in a lifetime. Still, I am happy for you that you achieved this feat, so congratz. I will have you say that I agreed to most of the things you said, if not everything. I would also add "getting mined after pulling a prowler and not having enough nanites to pull another one" for being one of the things that can make you cry yourself to sleep as you are forced to sit and wait for the nanites to replenish. Also:

Back when I turned my back on Vanu, never to return again and decided to put my certs into the prowler, I assumed I would make a lot of bromantic friendships with people while running with them in my swaggy prowler. I soon realized that, unfortunately, it never happened. The harsh reality is that no one wants to gun for you, ever, and if you by chance actually find one, he will either quietly leave/redeploy along the ride without me noticing, leaving me ****** when I engage 2/2 tank fights assuming I still have a gunner when in actually, I don't, or they will downright be clueless as **** altogether.
    I began my career as a prowler driver/gunner as a lone wolf and I will likely end it that way as well, but I suppose it's fine. I am used to it by now.
  3. Pikachu

I got my first glow thing about a week ago, my flash.
    • Up x 1
  4. Hegeteus

Congrats! When I got the trim for Vanguard, I didn't even know about it... until I saw it in stats.dasanfall :D
  5. KirthGersen

Congrats OP. Now, if you're playing agressively, it's time to start with Magrider.
    Also absolutely agreed about most of the random gunners. The best they can do is to spoil your location by shooting skies and/or suddently jump out or go AFK when you engage dangerous target. Creepiest of them... Well I'd call them THE BLOCKERS. You're driving alone trashing sundies and stupid Prowlers with both guns (switching) and suddently in a critical moment F2 doesn't work. It's busy and not shooting anything. Lol such things make me paranoid a bit. F**king saboteurs.

For me auraxing Prowler was easy, 2x1000 dmg P2-120 HEAT (also it's anchorable!) is pure awesomeness compared to 1410 dmg Supernova PC. But still I'd prefer PC+Halberd instead of any Prowler setup (which I still love a lot).

P.S. If you want to know waht the real pain is, try to aurax L100 HEAT after playing with P2-120.
  6. TOXIC_MACHAMP

are u douchey? the one that team killed me, or are u just a way cooler ddouche than him?
  7. Jake the Dog

Friends don't let friends use HE.
    • Up x 1
  8. DoucheSlayer

Oh yea good reminders

- "NO. DONT SHOOT THE FARM BAIT SUNDERER, GET THE MAGRIDER SWOOPIN BEHIND US"

- "FFS. 5 minutes climbing this mountain only for you to give away the position"

- *spawns prowler, blows up 2s later, now at 0 nanites, plays drifter + ripper knife light assault and uses c-4, forgets that c-4 uses nanites and drops down to zero again*

No im not douchey im just doucheslayer xD
    Ty for positive comments.
  9. bmac417(TasteOfLead)

That's why we have vehicle lock. Vehicle users, and tankers especially know this is the first thing to do if you don't want anyone in your vehicle.