XP Changes incoming

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bonom Denej, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Bonom Denej

I'm not sure of the exact source of this, it probably have been posted on reddit, I got it from /ps2g/ so yeah...

There is one that is actually annoying me a bit, especially since I subbed quite recently and went directly for 6 months pretty much for that reason : Membership gives +50% XP across all tiers now.
    Is this real ? =/ Does this mean that appart from a bang for your bucks stand point, having a higher tier membership doesn't mean anything ?
  2. MarkAntony

This is BS SOE. 15 seconds is about 10 seconds to long. And 100 XP? Who comes up with this crap? If you earn any XP you should be fair game.
    Way to screw things up.
    • Up x 4
  3. _itg

Yeah, based on this post, it sounds like a freshly spawned solider can shoot at you and gets points if he kills you, but you get nothing for defending yourself, and that's BS.

The MAX kill increase is a good one.

The transport XP bonus maybe seems excessive? I don't drive transports much, so I don't really know. Sounds like they're trying to right redeployside by making the suboptimal strategy (NOT redeploying) more lucrative.
  4. Saool

Acorfing to Higby, it is to move focus to fighting over points and away from spawn rooms.

In addition he talk about giving no kill for a spawn kill and possibly no death to the spawnee.
  5. Vixxing

What is pumpkin?
  6. Saool

That was covered off. If they take any aggressive action they are considered to be active flagged and 'normal'.
  7. Saool

There is a whole load of Halloween content going in for a time. I assume these will be like the snowmen where. Rewards will include Halloween helmets and stuff. These will also be temporary.
  8. DFDelta

That doesn't make sense.

As long as camping a spawn room is the most effective strategy to keep your enemy off balance and away from the points/SCU/shields people will camp it.
    They should fix base design to make camping less worthwhile, not punish the players doing a boring but necessary job.
    • Up x 10
  9. Vixxing

Ill be sure to C4 that "Great pumpkins" *** then (and well see how great it is!)
  10. NinjaTurtle

It's still cheaper to buy membership in 6 month chunks than 1 months at a time

More important however I want to do me some pumpkin hunting
  11. Bonom Denej

Probably related to the Halloween even coming, along with the special temporary helmets. The event is mentionned in the last Higby Pls. They might be doing the same thing they did with the snowman on Esamir last christmas.

Yeah I guess, but honestly, It's a little bit annoying that there is just "that".
  12. Vixxing

maybe a spawn mechanic like WOW so you get full invisibility and 5 seconds off runtime from spawnroom before you get "Material"?
  13. Goretzu

Never mind more exp for capturing and guarding I'd be fairly happy if some of the objective directives worked properly, I can't see to get the capture one to work at all.
  14. DFDelta

Better spawnroom placement would already go a long way to fix a lot of problems.

There are many (I think even almost half of them) bases where the attackers only have to dig in in two or three places and are able to shut down both spawn rooms from there. Simultaniously.

That is insanity.
    Why even place two spawns if both of them are so close together that it doesn't even matter which one you leave?
    • Up x 2
  15. Bonom Denej

During Higby Pls, Higby said that whatever they do, spawn camp will still be a thing since it's actually a valid tactic in terms of knowing where your enemy is coming from and stuff like that. They can only take away some intent to spawn camp but they simply can't remove it.
  16. Mahaut

After they tweeted about that 0XP 0 stats spawn kill change a week or so ago, they got a whole bunch of reactions both on reddit and on these forums. Most of said reactions were very negative. People told them that wouldn't fix anything, that it would only be an annoyance and that people would still camp sundies and spawnrooms because, in the way the game is built, these tactics are efficient. Going down from 25XP to 0 won't change a thing, 15s is an eternity, the way most bases are built encourages it, and so on and so on... It will just aggravate people a bit more, and encourage a lot of new exploiting (running straight from the spawn to the vehicle terminal without looking for AT mines or enemy stalkers, for example: why would I care about dying if death doesn't mean anything both for myself and for my killer?). A lot of very interesting and well thought-out stuff was written down to explain them why what they were about to do was stupid, and offer them some more efficient alternatives.

And yet, despite that overwhelmingly negative feedback, it seems they are still going with it. And they'll probably get even more negative reactions in that thread, and they'll ignore it. And it will go live, I have no doubt about that any more. And the only question that will remain will be how many months it will take them to finally admit that yes, as all these people playing their game were trying to show them, they may have been wrong, and revert the change.

So I can't help but wonder... If they knew they weren't going to listen to the community about this change anyway, why did they feel the need to tweet about it in the first place? Why even take the time? Just... Why?
  17. DFDelta

Indeed, they can't.
    But there are ways to make it less effective without punishing players by takeing away their kill rewards.

Spawn placement and base design is, in my opinion, the biggest factor.
    The reason people pile on the spawn is that this is the one single place where you can be sure the enemy will be (as you mentioned).
    It is also in most bases the one place where you can keep the defenders back without having to spread your own soldiers out. This is the problem. The more directions the attackers have to cover directly at the spawn, the less reason they have to camp it. A few extra walls (that are longer then 2 meters) and some more cover close to the spawn would already work wonders here.

One point AMP stations show how it is done right. There are simply so many ways out of the spawn building (tower+launch pads, launchpad on the spawn building, tunnels to 3 different and far apart sections of the base, simply out the doors) that you can't camp the defenders if they don't let you.

TechPlants are almost an example done right.
    4 tunnels to far apart places, but they are all easiely camped. Spawn itself is too open with little cover outside.
  18. KenDelta

I'm happy with the changes , excluding the spawn kill thingie that wouldn't stop spawn killing in anyway..

The gunner kill was much needed , I hope they add the kills to the driver also.
  19. lothbrook

15 seconds is an eternity, thats enough time to run to the point in almost every base, lol. You could literally have people getting no exp for kills for people trying to take the point, wouldn't it just make sense to make the pain field bigger and anyone inside it doesn't count towards a kill?
    • Up x 1
  20. Leftconsin

As a lot of people have said before me and I'll reiterate because I believe it to be true: This will not stop spawn camping. It is simply too valuable as a strategy to prevent the suppressed opponent from regaining a foothold.

Example time! If I'm attacking an enemy Sunderer and I'm out of explosives my job there at that Sunderer is to spawn kill until another team mate comes along with more rockets/C4/mines. Even though I can't kill it I still need to make sure that others that have the ability to have the opportunity to.
    • Up x 1