XP Change: Give a percentage of XP based on total damage, instead of kills/kill assists

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Teegeeack, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Teegeeack

For example, an ESF is worth 400 experience points. When that ESF is destroyed, the experience points should be divided among the those who helped destroy it, based on how much damage they caused. So, if you caused 90% of the damage to an ESF, you get 90% of the reward - 360 xp. The ultimate killer gets only 40 xp.
    This rectifies kill stealing - common situations where, for instance, some guy sits back with his rocket launcher while you're trying to take out a tank, and then suddenly springs to life when the tank is burning, ultimately getting the final kill.
    It also makes the system fairer for infantry. If you cause the most damage to a vehicle, you deserve the biggest reward. Without your help in damaging it, whoever delivered the final blow may not have been able to do so at all.

As for vehicle users, one thing that irritates me is when I'm losing in a dogfight or 1v1 tank battle, and right before I die, when I'm probably on fire, some uninvited joker comes along and destroys me. I know he targeted me purely because I was almost finished - and for that opportunism, he gets a big chunk of xp. As the loser, I want the guy who actually screwed me to get the reward.

Also, rather than making a new thread I'll double up this one: Piloting is the hardest thing in the game, yet the least rewarding. Ground based anti-air, on the other hand, takes absolutely no skill (for the most part), but is well rewarded. When will we see some love for ESFs?
  2. HadesR

What's the current XP rewards for killing other vehicles ( Lib's / Gals, MBT's etc ) with an ESF ?

As for the main part of your post .. I disagree, I personally don't care who gets the lion's share of any kill XP as long as the kill was made , So I have never begrudged anyone getting in the last shot or " kill stealing ". In a game where you can have 5+ people all targeting the same person be kinda silly to worry about who's getting the last shot.
    • Up x 1
  3. GeneralPeragorn

While I believe there should be more than "assist" and "critical assist" I disagree, often the person/vehicle was going to get away and heal/repair if it weren't for the last person, so they did all the damage that matters, actually killing the person.
    • Up x 1
  4. Charod

im playing bf4 and planetside2 in change, and i like the way its handled in bf4... if you did enough damage to an enemy like 94%+ and another dude kills him, the "help counts as kill" for you... meaning you get 100% kill ... and the other dude gets 100% kill experience

this could be a way to treating kill-stealing and such