Xbox Scorpio on the horizon , i have few questions...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LouiseDeLaCroix, Mar 22, 2017.

1. LouiseDeLaCroix

Well, Scorpio launches on market at the end of this year, would be wonderful if Daybreak announce, finally the ps2 for Microsoft consoles if they have plans to, because dc universe is already on xbox one but i prefer ps2. I know that this project is far from be real, thats the cause im going to buy the ps4 pro, but ill wait any rumors for this game for microsoft side, because i already have the xbox one but i like ps2 a lot. Dont say things like: "buy a budget pc" because no.
  2. LouiseDeLaCroix

Ok i see that there are the same un educated persons who read my things, dont answer and report me for say the truth... shy, very shy...
  3. OldMaster80

Honestly I'm interested in that console too. Having ps2 ported would be great news.
  4. LouiseDeLaCroix

Yeah Would be wonderful. And if finally the ps2 gonna be ported (hopefully before ps3) i'll stay with my actual xbox one. If not,i will buy a ps4 pro. Oh and sorry for my english.
  5. stalkish

Because the PS4 version was so successful that they should do this huh?
  6. LouiseDeLaCroix

Well,Nintendo was the most successful consolé in the past generatión,now is the turn of ps4,but caused the consolé is on more countryes markets than xbox one,inform yourself first and lateral talk,oh and be sureste to inform yourself either about whats consolé gonna be more powerful now,scorpio or ps4 pro. But if the ps2 game not gonna be launched on xbox,i Will buy a ps4 pro,im not sonyer or xboxer at the end. But im more towards of xbox side,and thats the cause of this thread.
  7. Ziggurat8

Was planetside2 for PS4 unsuccessful?

How hard would it be to port the console version to Xbox anyways? They use very similar architecture. Which isn't even that different from PC.
  8. asmodraxus

The consoles are both now using x86 cpus rather then risk based one's the real question is what is the gpu and memory of the Scorpio?
    Then it's a question of operating system and the inevitable licencing costs vs benefits.
  9. Insignus

It is profoundly unlikely. What appears to you to be similar architecture as a user is actually substantively different. You're also talking having to onboard new personnel to handle both PS4 and Xbox. Its difficult enough doing so with both PC and PS4, and even that is a signficant drain on dev resources. The PS4 version is generally lagged behind in updates precisely because cross-platform is difficult unless you design the program to do so from the get-go.

The differences in architecture are substantive enough that it'll force people to re-write, patch, and customize code for each platform. What runs fine on the PC version may not optimize properly on the Xbox, and may cause fatal crashes on the PS4 when you do optimize it.

Planetside 2 was not designed to be cross-platform from the outset.

I'm not a dev, but if you managed to get this question in front of a dev on reddit, their answer would most likely be a derivation of "No, we're not doing that"
  10. LouiseDeLaCroix

Well,in the case of "no ps2 for xbox" then im saving money for a ps4 pro, now the question is,there are still "log out of the game without intention" problem on ps4 versión of ps2???? U know what i mean dont u???