wtf is going on with this game?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by soultrax, Jun 11, 2014.

1. soultrax

reinstalled last night and omfg the game is a complete mess, performance was garbage even tho they doesn't seem to be as many people playing than a few months ago. New content is more or less none exsistant wtf is going on? My outfit has gone everybody has left. I seen hossin is apparently coming this month but I will believe that when I see it. Will this game ever get the attention it needs?
    • Up x 1
  2. Leftconsin

Welcome back?
    Good to see you are having a fun time?
    I'm sorry, but this is forumside. Everyone complains continuously ad nauseum around here. Perhaps you should try the implant system and see if you like that.
    • Up x 4
  3. VonStalin

its summer time.
    • Up x 1
  4. soultrax

lol @ implants, milking the cow much. Just a waste of time.
    • Up x 2
  5. Leftconsin

Well then what do you think about... Uh...

The other new content... which is...

Oh yeah! base walls. They are EVERYWHERE now.
    • Up x 2
  6. Moz

Milking the cow? I have all except 2 level 3 implants and enough chargers to take me to this time next year and guess what......

I never spent a penny on implants (i do have membership which i guess generates som extra, but that cow was already being milked). I fail to see what new cow is being milked!?

More to the point, if you dont enjoy at the moment dont log in until Hossin and continent locking are released then come back see if the changes have made it more fun for you. If they havent uninstall and never return.

With regards to your "performance was garbage" point, what system do you have? Maybe we cam help you get better performance if your not playing on an acron electron and expecting 120 FPS?
    • Up x 4
  7. soultrax

Not played for months, just came back last night. Well I will come back when hossin is out so see you in 2017 :p
    My rig
    6 core amd
    8gb ram
    760 think it's a gtx 2gb
    Medium setting, 1920 X 1080, shadows off flora off getting 40 fps at wg, 20-30 in battles if I'm lucky.
    • Up x 2
  8. FieldMarshall

I take it this is your first SOE experience?

Sadly, this is what they do with their (amazing) games.
    Its cool, new and innovative at first, then once they fully Higbyfied the game with random changes that nobody likes or needs and once its fully milked, and people realize what's been going on and start leaving, they cut support for the game and move on to the next.
    • Up x 1
  9. Pootisman

The problem is your CPU. PS2 runs bad on AMD CPUs.
    • Up x 4
  10. Chipay

How's that the CPU's fault?!

"I'm sorry that no one wants to hire you, the problem is that you're black, people around here don't like black people"

If anything it's SOE's fault.
    • Up x 2
  11. pnkdth

That's not even a remotely appropriate analogy. Unless, of course, you believe SOE purposefully want to exclude people with AMD processors because they do not like people who use AMD products. With PCs there are a ton of variables at play, for example, how the components on your PC work which is very hard to get right. Also, a mediocre gaming rig is always going pose a problem, especially if your components are of varied quality.

To the OP, have you unparked your CPU cores? That helped me lots. If not, google how to unpark your cores. I also recommend reducing lightning/particle effects(since this seem to make my frames dip when there's lots of explosions and stuff happening). Lowering render quality very slightly will help too(to like 90%). Since the strength of your machine seem to be your graphic card, I recommend playing on high/ultra(with or without the changes I suggested above). I also, use an AMD machine, and this has helped me a good deal to churn out some extra performance. Hope this works out.

Cheers
    • Up x 1
  12. ironeddie

No it doesn't. I have a 6 core fx6350 I'm mostly at 60+fps only in really heavy large fight will I see my fps drop to the low 50's/high 40's. That's on high graphics settings. Doesn't matter if your cpu is AMD or Intel both can give you great performance in game.
    • Up x 1
  13. Tommyp2006

Nope, just riding the sinking ship until Star Citizen tosses me the life preserver.

RIP SWG.
    • Up x 3
  14. Yaesu

Then that's SOE's BAD PROGRAMNING THEN! When making a game, one must consider ALL people wanting to play. Not just the ones who have Intel CPU's.
  15. Corporate Thug

AMD processors aren't as powerful as Intel's. You can also read up on logical versus physical cores and the different processor architectures.
  16. Yaesu

Just because you pay more for it, does NOT mean better.
  17. Corporate Thug

That is true but more "cores" also doesn't mean more powerful. I am an AMD user and love it, but they just don't do very well with this game, and are usually worse than Intel in other games according to the benchmarks. Games don't really take advantage of all those cores.
  18. Krayus_Korianis

Intel has higher performance per core than AMD. AMD sucks that up with multiple cores with a higher power usage.
    • Up x 1
  19. Halo572

20. Keldrath

That's pretty much it. Aside from Intels $500+ offerings, the AMD CPU's are technically speaking much more powerful, the problem comes in when developers are still doing single threaded programming for 2 cores maximum, then the Intels do a bit better in performance because the AMD CPU's are for the most part completely idle. The workload isn't being allowed to be shared across the different threads so it just doesn't get utilized well. This is a coding problem that's been around for a while now, only very recently are devs even starting to branch into utilizing 4 cores at once instead of just 1 or 2.

Even with that issue, in general an 8350 for example will give about the same performance, give or take 5-10fps, as a 3570k or even a 4770k. You have to overclock the Intels though. When there's large discrepencies, it's an especially poorly optimized game. Well optimized games the AMD cpu's tend to actually give you higher FPS than the Intel versions do. but like I said, the best AMD offering is still a bit behind Intels $500+ ones. Those are technically speaking more powerful.

This game is pretty poorly codded for AMD CPU's but I still do alright at max settings with an 8350 and an R9 290x. I haven't turned on the frame counter to keep track, but it's been high enough with only minor slowdowns pretty infrequently, hasn't been anything that's made me angry or made me want to lower the settings.