Wraith Flash: Fury-F or Basilisk-F?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Daigons, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Daigons

I'm just 100 kills away from finishing off the Kobalt-F and I'm trying to decide upon which weapon to choose to complete the Flash Auraxium. My choices are between the Fury-F and Basilisk-F. I already have a good idea on how these weapons perform against vehicles, I'm just wondering how they work with handling infantry close up and personal or quick drive by runs? I know that the Fury's splash was nerfed across the board. I'm just worried that these two remaining weapons will not be quick enough to kill infantry before I get shot off.
  2. Demigan

I never had a very good look at it, but to me the biggest nerf on Furies was the direct damage, and it's indirect was barely touched. This means the AV capability was nerfed and the AI capabilities were much less affected.

The Basilisk is capable of killing infantry, but after the Kobalt I think you'll be incredibly dissapointed in it's AI capabilities. I think you'll be better off with the Fury.
    • Up x 2
  3. BrbImAFK

I'm certainly no expert, but........... Imma tell you what I think anyway! :p

I'd say you'll have your best luck chasing down smoking vehicles and finishing them off. Currently (and in the CAI as I understand it so far) neither of those weapons are particularly good at AI in any capacity. Fury is too hard to aim with too little splash to be useful and Basi takes far too long to get a kill. However, if you hang on a little longer, until the CAI releases, I believe the Fury is getting a decent buff to it's AV potential.
  4. Liewec123

ouch! if you'd auraxiumed fury back in the day it was sooo good, you'd have it auraxiumed in no time atall!
    now it is absolutely dreadful.

if you're going for infantry then i'd be tempted to say try basilisk,
    fury is a nightmare to kill infantry with.
    its only gimmick use now is salt extraction from ganking low health vehicles from behind.
  5. Daigons

Thank you all for your insight and advice. My problem would be solved if DBG offered a "Gold Edition" of their Renegade in their in-game store. A few weeks back when I was still deciding between working on the Kobalt/Fury/Basi, I found that I was running out of ammo with the Fury even when I had fully certed Ammo Printer implant slotted. I think thats why I chose Kobalt due to the incredible ammo reserve. Currently from last year fun sessions with the Flash, I have 206 Fury kills while I have 56 Basilisk kills.

Here is my loadout for Wraith Flash and for my Infiltrator
    • Wraith Cloaking Device
    • Nanite Auto-Repair
    • Scrapper
    • Hunter Cloak
    • Nanoweave Armor
    • Auxiliary Shield
    • Health Regen & Sweeper HUD implants
    I noticed that my survival rate skyrocketed the moment that I started using Auxiliary Shield. There were so many occasions that I was able to get away from an ambush or bad engagement with a slither of health thanks to the extra shielding. I was also shocked by how many opposing mines that are placed out on the battleground. Before using the Sweeper Hud, I would get nailed by a mine 3-5 times an evening. Since I started using Sweeper Hud, I hardly ever die to a mine. One huge benefit that I found with Sweeper Hud is seeing opposing Suicide Wraith Flash, Suicide Flash & Suicide Harassers from a distance. Even with their Wraith field activated, I can see their C4 floating across the battlefield. As for the C4 Harassers, I just shake my head at that. I've spotted several over the past week.
  6. Pikachu

The fun of furry on flash is to defend an opening inside a building and spam grenazes when the enemh shows up. Imaginikg their confusion and annoyancräe. :D it works until the ha with rocket comes. Then youre dead. Its also fun to have triage and watch the confus3d maxes getting repair from nowhere.

Im the wierd guy driving flash indoors spamming grenades and giving strange healing. Sometimes i get complaints for blocking paths or killing team mates by touching them. Still waiting to get turbo built into flash. How fkn hard can it be?
  7. Liewec123

i used to love doing that!
    shame they nerfed it beyond the point of useless,
    the minimum number of shots to kill with splash (within a tiny 1m maximum damage range) is 7,
    7 shots minimum!
    direct hits are now pretty much mandatory, and even then it takes 3 shots at 170 RPM,
    even basilisk is 4-5 shot kill and at 400 RPM! :p

i do wish the devs would reconsider about butchering fury flash because it was such a good weapon and now its useless!
    130 should be the minimum splash so it can atleast kill a guy with extended mag splash!
  8. Kristan

Why not Renegade?
  9. BrbImAFK

Because.....

Clearly he's already maxed out Renegade, Roadkills and is about to finish Kobalt.....
    • Up x 1
  10. Daigons

Yes I just completed the Kobalt last night and will probably never use it again. As much as I disliked using the Kobalt, it did generate the most rage tells during the auraxium process. I did learn a neat trick when I was performing a drive by on an infantryman. I can perform a last second partial sideswipe burnout to roadkill if I miscalculated and couldn't outright kill with the Kobalt. I would turn and start a controlled slide at a 30-degree angel making it easier to run over infantry. I earned the last 200 roadkills while doing this. There were some interesting battles where I can perform long range sniping with the Kobalt, but I found that I can be easily sniped like an Engineer in a Mana-Turret.

I'll go with the Fury-F tonight and see how it goes.
  11. Daigons

Personally I found Snashy's Flash videos on YouTube to be very inspirational which kickstarted my interest with the Wraith Flash. Snashy had a 9-part Wraith Flash video series. Here is #4 below.

12. Daigons

I finally finished the Fury-F yesterday which finally unlocked my Flash aurax. The frame looks spiffy now. I'll never use the Kobalt or the Fury ever again. It felt good going back to the Renegade gank mode again.
    • Up x 1
  13. Liewec123

which is sad, it shows the sorry state that the fury is in,
    imho it used to be the most fun weapon in the whole game!
  14. Daigons

I've been testing the Fury on PTS and it seems to have a slightly better splash damage. They boosted the 3m damage from 1 to 50. Seriously 1 damage? Nothing like showing the Fury operator false hits at 1 damage.
    • Up x 1
  15. Daigons

I know that I already stated this but another thumbs up for the Auxiliary Shield for when you go AI Flash. I counted over 70 times this weekend that it saved my life. Especially with how broken the Wraith cloaking currently is.
  16. Corezer

fury is good when u have a second infil on the back to throw emp grenades
  17. Mehanal

EMP's suck now too, don't even give the infiltrator an advantage against Heavy Assault overshields since they don't drain abilities. The worst they can do is make your screen slightly fuzzy now and drain your regular shield - which by the way recharges instantaniously as soon as the EMP hits you. It sucks.
  18. Demigan

The EMP remains one of the strongest grenades in the game, especially since the chance of a backfire has reduced immensely now that your cloak isnt affected. EMP's are still explode-on-contact for much higher accuracy and succes than other grenades. Its AOE is large, doesnt reduce in effectiveness and goes through objects. Compare that to the "throw and pray your enemy is near the centre blast in 3 seconds time" grenades that have only a slight chance of more success than the EMP grenade. EMP's are dependable, easy to use and the effect of grainy vision (which seems to have been Upgraded recently) is good enough, especially now that cloak doesnt drain. Add the removal of the shield which is nothing to be sneezed at.

And people should stop complaining about highly selective scenarios. "what if the enemy uses carapace?". Why would an enemy use carapace? Shields regenerate quicker and without special situations required, so its really only useful against EMP's... And who is going to be guaranteed to run into that? Why the infiltrator himself ofcourse. Imagine throwing EMP's without repercussions at enemies that wont be using carapace because they'll die more often with it than without it.

Ocular? It reduces the effects, and I'm not sure but it seems not to affect the shield. And really, 30% reduction of effects? That aint much. And its worse for people using flashbangs, which are crap anyway and stop being very useful when you dont hit them with the full effect. Concussions at least still are effective, but arent explode-on-contact and vary in effectiveness the further they are from the blast, if a tiny bit of cover doesnt negate the entire grenade.
    • Up x 4
  19. Liewec123

ooo! i'd missed the 50 min damage change!
    i might hop on pts to try it out :D
    cheers for the heads up!
    • Up x 2
  20. LordKrelas

Without it draining Abilities, the heavy still has their entire over-shield to counteract the shield loss.
    Opposing Stalkers can not be thrown out of cloak, without using the short-ranged dark-light.
    Shields now regenerate even faster as well.

Now Carapace allows you to revive at full health of two bars, allows you to be healed damn quick, and grants immunity shield loss.
    Occular provides a passive 30%, but at max rank, any med kit or regen will provide a Total 100% immunity for 5 seconds against all debuffs.
    This means, EMP is 100% denied against opponents hunting Infils, expecting EMPs, and even allows immunity to concussion grenades.

Concussion which scrambles controls are more effective than dropping rapidly regenerative shields.
    Let alone when all it takes is someone with Carapace to ruin even that.
    Hell, in all irony, Engineers are capable of handling shield loss well: Theirs recharge damn fast.

Without the Energy loss, a Medic can area-heal without pause, add in carapace, and that's to twin health bars.
    And heavies have Overshield to compensate for Shield loss for the brief moment it is down.

Did you truly look into Occular? I did on PTS.
    • Up x 2