Wow, this guy called it 3 years ago

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Paperlamp, Oct 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paperlamp

http://np.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/ijmhg/planetside_2_officially_announced/c24c4ps

History repeats itself I guess. Bad updates/patches are yet again ruining an SOE game with great potential. The roadmap became a joke. Player input was ignored and features we didn't want put in while those in high demand were not.

Their approach to the meta-game has had an overall negative effect as it is poorly done, incomplete, and coming to us in disjointed fragments. We got the Lattice before a resource revamp or base and map design improvements to support it - the many small bases in the game are ill equipped to deal with large forces moving along lattice lines and it's basically a spawn camp for the duration. We got a piece of a resource revamp while we wait indefinitely for the rest of it while we can currently chain pull and spam many resource items/vehicles.

The general pacing of gameplay has gotten worse. Map flow is predictable and dull. Fights are either short and spawn-campy, or drawn out AV spam slogs because of too much empty space between bases(the Quartz Ridge/Indar Excav situation for example).

The center of Indar in particular has become disappointing. The Crown/TI/Crossroads struggle was the best meta the game ever had and it was FUN. Zerging through indefensible bases is not.

And Amerish/Hossin/Esamir? Still not good continents. Esamir is too walled off and barren between the walls. Amerish and Hossin are much too friendly to air and hostile to tanks.

Weapons, well, we got new weapons but old weapons have been ignored. Copy/paste models and a large number of useless guns are just sitting around while it's clear they can do better from some of the additions they've made.

It's disappointing to see but I guess had I known more about SOE I should've expected this.
    • Up x 13
  2. Alkezo

This just in! Make a vague enough statement and be considered clairvoyant!
    • Up x 16
  3. KenDelta

:eek:

I'm truly amazed by this...
    • Up x 1
  4. The Rogue Wolf

Worked for Nostradamus.
    • Up x 6
  5. SupaFlea

I played PS1 for 10 years and know exactly what the guy ment, I knew PS2 wasnt going to go the 10years they expected as soon as they said they were not going to bother implementing any of the good aspects from PS1 despite the fact all of PS1 vets had a continued subscription to a game they no longer cared about and just did stupid stuff annually like this Halloween crap and Easter crap. I was also apart of SWG prior to all the game updates when it was great and in my opinion one of the best MMO's out there in regards that you could play the game anyway you wanted, you didnt even need to go in to combat, you could of made your way to max lvl by crafting if you so wanted.

Same with Matrix Online and Earth & Beyond, SOE has history for it, heck Tray has left SOE to join a company that hasnt even made a single game yet, they are in the process of making their first game now.
    • Up x 2
  6. Paperlamp

Pattern recognition =/= clairvoyance.
    • Up x 3
  7. Alkezo

Pattern recognition =/= confirmation bias
    • Up x 1
  8. Paperlamp

Calling people out on confirmation bias is like calling someone an alcoholic.
    • Up x 2
  9. gunnner10

Good call on small bases not designed for the lattice zergs! I always appreciated the freedom of the pre-lattice continents, but SOE wanted bigger fights I suppose
  10. Alkezo

Constant intoxication is pretty easy to spot.
    • Up x 1
  11. Paperlamp

And you've missed my point.
    • Up x 6
  12. Alkezo

Then don't use a bad example?

Note that I'm not defending SOE. I just couldn't care less about what someone said 3 years ago who just happened to be vague enough to be right. Its like all those fortune tellers who scam ignorant people of their money.
    • Up x 3
  13. Paperlamp

Speaking of bad examples.
    • Up x 2
  14. Paragon Exile

You should sell Tarot cards and tea leaves Paperlamp, maybe that'll up your near-constant bad mood and quell those relentlessly cynical thoughts.
    • Up x 6
  15. Paperlamp

You're just upset my signature is sillier than yours
  16. Paragon Exile

Dude, mine's an alien waving his *** at you, your little foot cleaning can't touch that.
    • Up x 2
  17. Paperlamp

Yours is more disturbing than silly. Mine is also way cuter.

Although I guess maybe Vanu have a different standard.
    • Up x 3
  18. Einharjar

Actually, the dude's prediction was almost spot on. While it seems that he himself didn't know if he'd truly be accurate or not, it's still rather dull of one to say he's claiming clairvoyance of any sort. He wasn't. He was simply noticing a pattern and making a prediction based on a trend.

He saw a pattern, even referenced that pattern and predicted the same thing would happen. I'm not sure how much more "predicted" he could have really gotten.

Now, if he said "PS2 will get ruined by a massive overhaul when they finally realize that not using PS1's mechanics as a foundation was a mistake, and they will botch this - destroying the game" or "These Devs will stop listening to the community around the time of the PS4 final development and release and their team resources will also be cut, leading to the down fall of the game" then yea... call the guy a Game Developer Prophet or w/e, but this was not the case.

But hell, he was just making a prediction with sited facts (no one likes Core Combat or BFRs, and SWG did suffer after terrible add-on, ect ect). This is called being a smart customer. Doing a little back ground research or looking at the past performances before you invest isn't a bad thing... I swear it's not. Why are we so short sighted?

People not referencing history is the reason why we keep electing the same ****** bags in office every term...

Is it seriously that hard to "look into" something before you just say "TAKE MAH MONEEZ!" only to be let down, AGAIN, in the end?

Too many people make this video so completely true it's heart breaking...

• Up x 6
  19. Paragon Exile

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  20. Paragon Exile

Except nothing he said will happen has happened. Game is better than its ever been by a wide margin, barring performance hiccups recently.

In fact some things directly opposite have occurred :p
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.