Wow, PS2 sure made a lot of progress the last couple of months

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Alan Kalane, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Alan Kalane

Hint: No, it didn't
    I left over half a year ago...Seriously, where the Higby are:
    - the construction system
    - the leadership tools
    - indar revamp
    - anything other than that new shiny NS pistol and some skins
    ???

You promised them by the october and a lot more, then you promised them by the end of 2015, now we're approaching the middle of the new year and you've given us...a pistol. Other than that nothing changed. Are you sure you didn't mean october 2016? Because now we're just 5 months away from it. Or maybe that's too early, considering the progress you've made over the last 5 months? How about 2026?

An online game
    with no updates
    is either a perfect masterpiece
    or a dead, rotting carcass

nuff said.
  2. Pat22

New leadership tools have been added to the game, and the Indar revamp and construction system are on the verge of release on PTS.
    • Up x 2
  3. Scr1nRusher

both about to be released shortly

Already released.
  4. CapEnTrade

I'm just back for now because Overwatch is down.
  5. Eternaloptimist

Indar and construction are big changes - worth waiting for to get them working as well as possible.
    • Up x 1
  6. Endlave

only one more week until blizz finally allows people who pre-ordered to play....

...for a week. xD
  7. Gundem

Can ya'll just shut the **** up and be patient?

Seriously, so many trolls lately. Ban them already, they are toxic and provide no legitimate discussion, even going as far as to criticize DBG for Tax reasons(Which clearly an international company is going to abide by international laws).

The Construction update is a ******* huge update, calm your **** already. If you want to see the progress they've made, go download the PTS and check it out.
    • Up x 6
  8. Scr1nRusher

All your postings bring nothing to the table.
    • Up x 4
  9. AxiomInsanity87

Agreed.

"Calm your niblets" works well too fyi lol ;)
  10. AxiomInsanity87

Inb4 libtard sjw points out the irony of your post in a futile attempt to make a point....

;)
  11. Trudriban

excuse u i sexually identify as a tennis racket, check your privileges cishet white scum
    • Up x 1
  12. AxiomInsanity87

Lol 10/10
  13. Sovereign533

Why are people impatient? I don't understand it.
    Would you rather that they half-*** it like the projects done while still SOE? Or do you want them to actually implement something worthwhile?
    • Up x 1
  14. Endlave

well, depends. If they need half a year to release an update I am not even really hyped about then, yeah...that kinda sucks. Means I will have to wait twice as long for an update I actually care about, and that assumes the next one will be a good one.
  15. Trudriban

Meanwhile practically all other game we play have much more meaningful updates at a much faster rate, even those with devs numbering in the single digits with budgets never higher than six
  16. OldMaster80

Leadership tools are in the game, you missed them. Some misc improvements, maps drawings and fireteams.
    Construction system and Indar revamp are just around the corner.
  17. Who Garou

Yeah, leadership tools are there.
    The best part of the leadership tools is the fire teams as far as I'm concerned.

The most people tend to do with the map drawing is to draw male anatomy on the map.\
    Who has time to look at the map while they are in the middle of battle at any rate?
    I guess you have a couple of seconds before respawns to look at it.

How long were you out?
    Was the Blackhand around before you stopped playing last? (scoped pistol for stalker infiltrators ..I mean.. a new pistol with a scope)

There is a SMG for stalker infiltrators ... um. er... I mean a SMG pistol that has been added.
  18. Krinsee

The Indar revamp and construction as stated before are a HUGE undertaking. The construction system is almost completly new code that has to be written that was not part of the original idea IIRC. So making the new code mesh with the old code, finding what interacts with other parts of the code and making it all work together can be very time consuming.

I would rather they release it well done than half ***** and rushed out the door and breaking the game until it is able to be fixed or has to be completly rolled back.

I prefer quality over quantity/speed

Kids these days have no patience.
  19. XanIves

If they let you see tactical overlays in the minimap, it would be a lot more useful. As it is, alting your mouse and dropping smoke, waypoints, and offensive requests with the minimap is 10x more useful right now.
    • Up x 1
  20. ridicOne

Well if you have played H1Z1 the construction system is a copy from that game. So the models have changed but the code is more then likely a copy off that game for the most part. This is likely why PS2 got the construction system in the first place. It's just something they can reuse across multiple games that are on the same engine.

It's not kids these days it's really about they haven't added much to this game since launch. NS guns galore that add no diversity to the game. Furthermore what scares me at least at one point in time they had plans for future development. To me it looks like after this update they will play it by ear.
    • Up x 1