Would you remove shotguns from NC max?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bape, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Noktaj

And to whom will I rage and swear in a biolab fight then? :rolleyes:
  2. KnightCole

Weeeeelllll.....

Give us MAX Gauss SAWs. 450Rpm, 220dmg-167dmg

Buff the TR MAX Miniguns to like 625RpM. Keep damage the same.
    Buff VS weapons to like 575, but give them better damage then the TR but worse then NC. 167@20m-143@65m.

We still get 2 guns on each, so it would make MAX pretty OP lol.
  3. \m/SLAYER\m/

Yes, the only question what VS\TR think about it, because we have SHIELDs
  4. Liberty

It basically goes something like this :

If you are a good player you realize that shotguns are by far the best weapons for a MAX because the situation where you *should* pull a MAX is the same situation where shotguns really shine.

If you are a bad player looking simply for an HP crutch so you don't die as much as you do while playing heavy, then ranged MAX weapons are for you because past 20 - 30M with a MAX you are always better as an ADS infantry at taking out other infantry.

Granted, I'm only ~br 50 on my NC, but I've yet to have a time where I longed for the days of my VS or TR MAX when I pulled one, if anything it is exactly the opposite. Not to say the TR or VS are bad by any means, onslaughts and Nebula get the job done.
  5. Flag

Stop speaking sense. :p
  6. DatVanuMan

BECAUSE IT CAN KILL AN ENEMY WITH THREE SHOTS AND CAN ALSO BE USED AS A SNIPER RIFLE:D
  7. DatVanuMan

That's the thing. NC MAXes (And weaponry) are supposed to MAUL everything, just at the cost of DPS. How about 20 rounds? And also, the RoF is slower, and I mean SLOWER, than a pump action's RoF. How does that sound?
  8. VioletZero

I would make the Hacksaw with slug ammunition and extended mags the default weaponry, and have a shotgun as an option.
  9. Plorf

I think this would probably be a good idea...

BUT, if shotguns are going to be in the game, I think the MAX is the most sensible platform on them. They're slow and you can hear them coming from a mile away, and they can take a beating. This is in stark contrast to Light Assaults who are insanely mobile and extremely quiet. Scattercannons may be stronger, but shotgun LAs kill me far, far more often.
  10. KnightCole

Heavy Assault Shotgun professionals. Namely NC Jackhammer professionals.
  11. taxidriver

I want a chainsaw for my MAX, which can be combined with the charge function o_O

guess i played too much killing floor
  12. Colt556

Ok bro, you need to settle down and actually think before you post.

First of all, I'm saying the NC max gets ONE gun, I want to be like that space marine I posted. The TR and VS get two guns. So the TR can fire up to 200 rounds with stock guns and the VS can fire up to 150 rounds with stock guns. So the NC would still have the lowest mag size of the three maxes.

Second of all, 400 rounds per minute comes to around 7 bullets a second. I said the NC should shot 2 bullets a second. That would give the NC's gauss rifle a RoF of 120 RPM, SIGNIFICANTLY lower than it's competitors.

So not only would this new NC weapon have the lowest ammo count of all three maxes but it also has the lowest rate of fire by far. Hell looking at the ROF of the shotguns you'd probably have to buff the rof on my proposed gun as it fires even slower than a ******* shotgun.

All in all, the moral of these two posts is that you need to READ what people say and understand what they say before you go and try to poke holes in their ideas.
  13. SpartanPsycho

wow....
  14. AssaultPig

even in biolabs you regularly need to engage at ~30m, and the NC MAX is more or less helpless at that distance unless it's using AV weapons. VS and TR MAXes get long and short range AI options, while NC MAXes effectively don't (slugs vs blueshifts is no comparison.)

I guess the NC MAX is the best at humping corners or teleporter room doors, but so what? TR and VS MAXes do that almost as well and it's boring gameplay anyway.

what SOE ought to do is just create an NS version of grinders and mutilator/comos-es. NC get a baseline autocannon, and the other factions get a shotgun if for some reason they want one.
  15. Bape

What I thought you would be against this lol did you not see my post :O???
  16. minhalexus

As I said, I don't want such slow weaponry that a single miss is so crucial.

I'll stick to 167 and 200 dmg weapons.
    VS has 143 and 167, and TR has 125 and 143, so the ^ would make most sense.

But anywayz, nothings going to change, they probably can not refund the already bought items.
  17. Kriegson

They could refund them like they could anything else. What is more likely to happen though is all MAX's getting a few NS weapons to give them more versatility.

Flamethrowers for close range, a LMG type weapon that becomes more accurate as you fire it.
  18. AdmiralArcher

well...you do have to remember, that the NC MAX units slaughter a CQC, but fail at range (unless you have one shotgun with slugs in it) the TR MAX is decent at CQC and range...but its not really good at either....and the VS MAX is great at range, but is a little lacking in CQC......its all (asymetrical balancing)...........personally, i think the NC MAX needs railguns, because the current problem is that fights can change quickly, and you can go from needing CQC guns, to needing Ranged weapons very fast, and the NC MAX cant keep up with that demand...if they were to give the NC MAX real railguns, i think it might work out
  19. Colt556

Except that's wrong. TR and VS maxes have virtually identical TTK against infantry at close range as a scatmax. That means TR/VS maxes are EQUAL to an NC max at close range while also being good at mid to long range. Both the TR/VS maxes are equal to each other close range and pretty comparable at range as well. There's nothing asymmetrical about it, it's just unbalanced. At one point in PS2 history what you said was true, NC maxes did dominate up close. But at some point SOE buffed the TR/VS maxes ability to fight up close and removed whatever asymmetrical advantage the NC had. This notion that TR are decent at all ranges, nc are good at close, and vs are good at long simply isn't true. It's pure fantasy.

As someone who works with asymmetrical balance all the time in RTS games I can tell you that there's no asymmetrical balance to be found in any of the MAXes. The TR and VS are basically identical with the NC max being supbar due to it's lack of range. If the NC max had the same range as the TR and VS all three maxes would effectively be carbon copies of one another with only flavor differences.
  20. AdmiralArcher

where are your numbers coming from?......you talking straight numbers? because in practice, im right......in statistics, you are right