[Suggestion] Would you kindly (finally) fix the hitreg?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Haquim, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Haquim

Or the Cobalt server or your ISP responsible for the connection to germany, whichever is responsible for that farce of a feature that the hitdetection is?

I just had a lengthy game where I did absolutely awful, for the most part dying instantly and dealing no damage.
    Just now I was in Allatum Bio, trying to get the roofs as LA.
    I barely killed an enemy LA, and with my last salvo accidentally hit another enemy LA.
    I jumped off the roof, ran into the shielded teleporter room and GOT A KILL ON THE SECOND GUY.
    My hits killed him FIVE seconds or more after I actually shot him!!

Of course I logged out now.
    Its like a half of my enemies are ******* Tryndamere from LOL. Just that I can't laugh about this, because its absolutely NO fun for me.

And I'm rather sure its not on my end. I have glass fibre internet and 40ms connection. An I7 CPU, 16gig RAM and a Gforce 960 should also easily handle PS2.
    • Up x 1
  2. NXR1

Games dying servers cant handle the pressure get out while you can!!!

No really though this is a major problem, seems like people found a way to abuse the hitreg because its always the same people who take 30+ shots to down and the low BR's who are actually new players just die normally for the most part.
  3. Haquim

The saddest part is that nobody who could do something about it is ever gonna read this.
    And even in the off chance someone does - I'd say theres a 98% chance they don't give a ****.

At the end of the day I'm just venting my frustration by screaming in the forums, because it ******* WAS frustrating.
  4. Liewec123

couldn't agree more, some weapons suffer severely from this, the most notable example is jackhammer,
    when using the 3x burst mode you can be aiming directly at a guy, fire it twice (6 shotgun shots, enough to kill them 3 times over) and barely graze their shield, meanwhile you appear to instantly die to whatever weak NS SMG they're using.
    hit registration and clientside are utterly whack at the moment.
  5. NXR1

It also seems to be much more severe in side ADADADAD spammers, i tried it cause i had a theory and either everyone at that base was nanites or side step really kills hit registration cause i got 4 kills before finally dying even though like 6 people were shooting at me
  6. Saturax

I have pink 27 + server 60-150 ...and same story....

Worst part is.... you see that you are hiting texture its shine like crazy, but enemy dont get dmg... i can not count how many head shoot was counted like miss today, throught some enemys did stay on place get hs with sniper rifle and only shild did shine.... Same story on short range... 35 smg + 10 pistol is not enought and i see that im hiting him + see enemy hit me too ( because my shild activate and shine same like enemy shild ), but we just dont get dmg from weapons...

+i must agree specialy some players i did reported like 100times know they are hard to kill and just laught. They can basicaly stay 15m from 3 people shooting on them and will not die... so its probably some cheat, but no one care... game cheat detection dont work on it...
  7. Haquim

I don't feel like what I encountered today was a cheat....
    but maybe there is one that just uses this stuff.
    Anyway battleeye is coming... I don't get my hopes up, but let's see what happens.
  8. Metalsheep