World Domination Series

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by EVILPIG, Aug 30, 2013.

1. EVILPIG

"The World Domination Series: Preseason is an intense 5-week long series of weekly challenges. Empires will collide in this all-our war that will require strategic teamwork, communication and skill. Think you have what it takes?"

Who's ready for war?
    • Up x 2
  2. Sebastien

3. EVILPIG

More info on tonight's FNO.
    • Up x 1
  4. DJPenguin

So this event won't benefit large pop factions and zergs? Why do i find this hard to believe.
    • Up x 2
  5. Bill Hicks

NC will be dead last in every conflict.
  6. Eclipson

I am so ready for this all-our war!
    • Up x 2
  7. Sebastien

What did you expect when you started playing PS2?
    • Up x 1
  8. DJPenguin

Strategic teamwork, Communication and Skill
  9. IamDH

Now tell us the honest answer
    • Up x 1
  10. DJPenguin

A worthy sequel, not the Modern Warfare of the CoD series.
    • Up x 1
  11. IamDH

So when you first saw a thousand people charging in your direction you thought to yourself "I've got this one"

I'm not against teamwork but get real
    • Up x 1
  12. KenDelta

Like in every showdown/MLG/etc ? lol.
  13. KenDelta

We all expected Communication and strategy , just like BF3 and soon BF4.
    But strategy and communication chances in PS2 got screwed because it's f2p.
    • Up x 1
  14. DJPenguin

I thought to myself "since this needlessly large force is attacking just one base the rest of my team can capture even more territory that should give us the edge in the long term." But then I realized that unlike the first game territory in this is completely trivial with little use of logistics and counterplay to tactics which require no effort or skill and that could be punished but can't due to server populations.
    • Up x 2
  15. IamDH

So you wanted to counter the zerg by leaving them and attacking another base
    Let me guess.. you really liked the hex system didn't you?
  16. DJPenguin

Didn't say that. And no i don't like the hex.

We can stop derailing the thread now.
  17. Torok

Inb4 TR dominating until GU15.. Then it's gonna be PAYBACK!

not in Everyone heh, if only you had seen the USS!
  18. The Fizz

Don't get too excite! All your base are belong to us!
  19. Peebuddy

I think these will just be Super Mega Ultra Alerts.

And like all alerts the faction with the highest pop will garner the 4th faction and just steamroll the event. Unless there is a strict cap to keep all factions equal then we all know what'll happen, it varies from server to server but there is always that one side that just constantly wins due to population unbalances.

I'll still participate don't get me wrong, it should be fun having objectives over the droll of an Alert every 2 hours. But I won't get my hopes up.
    • Up x 1
  20. IamDH

Alright