Word on our Tool!

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Runsta, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Iridar51

Why all the disadvantages? Why not just make it a passive boost to all movement speed?
  2. Takoita

Because 'bad netcode' and 'would be way too good'. See: ZOE.
  3. Iridar51

Seriously? You would compare LA to ZOE? The problem with ZOE is that it allows to have both firepower and movespeed, we hardly have any of that.
  4. Suiradezza

He's saying that because of the horrible clientside hitdetection this game features. ZOE maxes, magriders and harrassers have already proven that granting movement speed in this game is like the titanic. It seems like a good idea that will work out great, but then it all goes overboard. Nobody's comparing LA's to ZOE maxes.

On topic, these are bad but not surprising news. I guess someone on that development team thinks dual wielding is supercool because they haven't gotten over the matrix or something and thinks that's going to help, most likely casually ignoring the roadmap thread/this forum/anything that isn't reddit.

But have no fear, we'll get a class revamp! And it will be terrible, because nobody really knows what they wanted the class to do! \o/
    • Up x 1
  5. OldMaster80

This is the answer. Everyone is wondering about LA's specific tool but it's right under our nose: Adrenaline Pump should be our tool.
    It should have 5 levels, a cooldown and add a real burst run bonus. More than it does today.

Dual guns make no sense, pistols are designed to be single weapons, they already deal tons of damage.
    • Up x 3
  6. Iridar51

Just to comment this part - if we were to get dual wield (and I don't say we should) we would probably get special new dual pistols, that would have less combined DPS than any combination of existing pistols.
  7. Sandpants

More so, imagine if they do faction flavoured mumbo jumbo.

VS will get charge up dual cannons and will be forgotten on the first day.
    NC will get some high power semi auto, maybe even shotguns, which will penalize you greatly for missing.
    And then TR will typically get something largely forgiving with huge mags and DPS.
  8. Mastermind

Step 1: Rename Light Assault to Squad Leader and require leads to be restricted to only this class
    Step 2: Make expensive Empire Specific guns
    Step 3: Don't change anything else
    Step 4: Profit
  9. OldMaster80

Dual guns is stupid feature in any case: if they outperform current pistols then they will unbalance the game. If their damage output is similar to existing guns there's no point to have them in the game but giving SOE new ways to milk our money.
    Dual wield would look very cool but imho they first have to improve Adrenaline Pump and Drifters, this is where this class really lacks.
  10. Iridar51

Dual weapons won't compete with pistols, they will compete with primaries, at least I assume so, because of the reasons you stated.
    I'm not saying that dual wield is what we need, but there sure are ways to incorporate it into the game without breaking something.
  11. KnightCole

LA's Duel wielding weapons....Why do I get the funny feeling that will be a bit like a minimax that flies.....
  12. Tenebrae Aeterna

You mean...like a PS1 VS MAX?! :p
  13. Badname0192

• Up x 1
  14. Kociboss

Double commissioner dual wield oneshot master race.

Can't wait :rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  15. KnightCole

Yeah, basically...
  16. Posse

No way, I like my AV nade+Rocket to the face instagib MAX combo.

What? Magriders are the slowest of all MBTs, they're even (only slightly slower) than vanguards, and no, a 1 second boost every 20 seconds doesn't count.

Do they? When I play LA in a Biolab my main cause of death are, you guessed it, other LAs, all the other classes, including HAs, are mostly free kills, they never look up. Not to mention all the possibilities a LA has in a tower attack. If there's something the LA class needs is more vertical facilities, that's the situation where that class shines imo.
  17. Suiradezza

Maybe you would've gotten it if I wrote "pre-nerf" magrider. I didn't because the magrider still is a good example of how hard it is to make changes to the movement speed without it being too much or too little.
  18. Sandpants

Waterson players still haven't learnt to look up?

You're hanging back - evolve already.
  19. Posse

Idk, I've been playing in Mattherson lately and they don't look up either, I have to admit, most of them are not as oblivious as they were, say, 3 months ago, but still...
  20. Kanil

People on Mattherson don't look up at all. People on Connery don't look up at all. I haven't played much on any of the other servers, but I highly suspect nobody anywhere really looks up at all.

Also, I kinda like the Adrenaline Pump tool suggestion. That sounds kinda interesting... or at least, better than nothing.